NY Yankees' covid-19 situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NY Yankees' covid-19 situation

Supposedly 8 Yankee players and / or coaches have tested positive for the virus. Why don't all professional and college teams require the vaccinations to be on the roster and coaching staff? With about 3.5 months until the NFL and college football seasons to start, there is sufficient time to implement this.

Probably because we don’t live in a dictatorship country, even though it sounds like you, and many other people, including your boy Joe, would love to. I hear North Korea is beautiful this time of year...

I hope for the sake of this country your boy is talking about his staff and not the citizens. Either way, it sounds pretty dictator like.

Comment

You must be one of those stupid jerks that refuse to get vaccinated.
      To get herd immunity we need at least 80% of the people to get vaccinated.

For more than 70 years ,children are required to get vaccinations before starting grammar school.

And who the fuck is Joe?

Of course, Americans can make their own decisions about vaccinations. However, employers have the right to require that their employees get vaccinated if they want to work there.
      Last edited by TARB; 05-14-2021, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyefan80 View Post
        Probably because we don’t live in a dictatorship country, even though it sounds like you, and many other people, including your boy Joe, would love to. I hear North Korea is beautiful this time of year...

I hope for the sake of this country your boy is talking about his staff and not the citizens. Either way, it sounds pretty dictator like.
        Let freedom ring.

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
          You must be one of those stupid jerks that refuse to get vaccinated.
          To get herd immunity we need at least 80% of the people to get vaccinated.

For more than 70 years ,children are required to get vaccinations before starting grammar school.

And who the fuck is Joe?

Of course, Americans can make their own decisions about vaccinations. However, employers have the right to require that their employees get vaccinated if they want to work there.
          Maybe I am one of those “stupid jerks,”🤣 maybe I’m not. 🤷‍♂️ Either way it’s none of yours, or anyone else’s business whether I got a vaccine with a “95% efficacy rate” vs. my normal 99+% immune system, or not. If you got the vaccine and are so confident in it then why do you care if anyone else around you got it? You’re “immune.” If you’re one of those believers that even if you’ve had the vax you can still carry the virus, then what does it matter if the people around you got the vaccine? They would be carrying the virus whether they got the vax or not. You should do some research on herd immunity tho. It’s not just through vaccination. Those that had a virus count against herd immunity too. And if you’re one of those wE dOn’T kNoW hOw LoNg ImMuNiTy WiLl LaSt people I’m sorry that you live your life in constant fear instead of actually living your life. Good luck getting to 80% immunity against any virus btw.

One difference between those vaccines and this one is those went through the vigorous FDA testing and weren’t the first ever RNA vax ever approved and for emergency use on top of that soooo...

Id be willing to bet there are quite a few good lawyers out there that could win a lawsuit against a company requiring the vaccine, so I’m pretty sure even private companies wouldn’t be able to require their employees to get it, but I’m no lawyer so who knows.
          Last edited by Buckeyefan80; 05-14-2021, 10:50 AM.

Comment

AMEN,Buckeyefan!! thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyefan80 View Post

Sounds like you’ve got it bass-ackwards. Since when can’t an employer require of their employees any damn thing they want, as long as it’s lawful. Was it dictatorial for some team owners to require that NFL players stand for the national anthem? Don’t employers have any rights at all? I suppose it was “dictatorial” of Trump to ban travel to and from China when the pandemic first took hold in America. Moreover, is it dictatorial or just plain common sense, to require vaccinations against polio and smallpox for kids going to school? And FYI – “beautiful” North Korea has reported zero Covid 19 infections or deaths; so like yourself, I presume, they all enjoy that wonderful fantasy land of immunity.

Comment

• Buckeyefan80
                Buckeyefan80 commented
                Editing a comment
                There are definitely some situations where an employer can require certain things of their employees. I don't believe this is one of them. Like I said, I'm no lawyer but I bet there are quite a few out there that could win a lawsuit in this situation. Requiring someone to take this particular vaccine is VERY different than requiring kids to take a well vetted polio or smallpox vaccine, and if you can't see the difference in that then there really is no reason to continue a conversation on that matter.

As far as Trump's ban being "dictatorial," I'd say it's just as dictatorial as Biden's ban on India...

• Buckeyefan80
                Buckeyefan80 commented
                Editing a comment
                Guess I’m not the bass-ackwards one after all...🤷‍♂️

Didn’t even need a lawyer, OSHA steps in first.

https://www.wnd.com/2021/05/osha-tel...e-covid-shots/

Another what I’m sure the libs call a “conspiracy theory” debunked!
            Working...
            X