"Mr. Ed's Saratoga on (about) $100 a Day" gets new home at vsin.com/horses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mr. Ed's Saratoga on (about) $100 a Day" gets new home at vsin.com/horses

For longtime members of VFV Nation, you'll recall that Mr.OutsideVegas did an annual "Saratoga on (about) $100 a Day" feature here in the ViewFromVegas Forums where he would share his insights and picks each day of the Saratoga meet.

Well, he's been helping me the past year and a half since the pandemic shutdown the rest of the sporting world last March with horse racing picks in my "Tuley's Thoroughbred Takes" column at vsin.com/horses and now will be reviving his Saratoga feature for VSiN.

Here's the link to his opening-day picks for Thursday: https://www.vsin.com/mr-eds-saratoga...00-a-day-7-15/. The best way to find his column each racing day of the Saratoga meet is at vsin.com/horses.

Feel free to share your thoughts on Ed's posts and your own Saratoga picks here. GLA

Might as well start with some bombs

Sar R1 #2 Playwright $10 wp $2 ex box 2,6,9
    best of luck

Comment

Good to have his daily column and picks back.I agree today looks chalky but my 2 plays to try to get off with a price are in 1st #7 Grit and Glory and in the third #3 Smile Bryan.Noda had a great meet last year and for whatever reason does not get bet(sometimes).Looks like a great meet and let’s cash some tickets.

Comment

• Mrvolo
        Mrvolo commented
        Editing a comment
        One more play,in 4 th off the turf #4 Korik

• Mrvolo
        Mrvolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Good start,a scratch,win 15$ and a place7$.

Nice to see Mr Ed doing his plays again over at VSIN

some plays for opening day Saratoga

3rd race....#6 W&P ex box 6-9

7th race...#9 W&P

10th race...#7 W&P

good luck everyone

Comment

Welcome back Gamer79! And it's nice to see $100.00 a day again.

6th Corey Scores, Linda Race is very effective going two sprints to a route.

10th Noble Journey goes sprint to a route, adds blinkers will have early speed with is very important for Inner Turf races at the spa.

Comment

Thanks for checking in Senator L, Mrvolo, east coast & Gamer79...more plays to track and build tickets GLA

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTuley View Post
            For longtime members of VFV Nation, you'll recall that Mr.OutsideVegas did an annual "Saratoga on (about) $100 a Day" feature here in the ViewFromVegas Forums where he would share his insights and picks each day of the Saratoga meet.

Well, he's been helping me the past year and a half since the pandemic shutdown the rest of the sporting world last March with horse racing picks in my "Tuley's Thoroughbred Takes" column at vsin.com/horses and now will be reviving his Saratoga feature for VSiN.

Here's the link to his opening-day picks for Thursday: https://www.vsin.com/mr-eds-saratoga...00-a-day-7-15/. The best way to find his column each racing day of the Saratoga meet is at vsin.com/horses.

Feel free to share your thoughts on Ed's posts and your own Saratoga picks here. GLA
            It’s great to back on VFV after a few years away. I encourage any players who have followed my Saratoga selections here to follow me and Dave on VSiN.com. And, good luck to all those playing the ponies at Saratoga this season.

Comment

Day #2 at Saratoga.I told you about Noda now another trainer in my playbook is H Bond who was hot at meet last year and was zero for Belmont.He has horses in 3,9,10 today and will use all in some fashion.My single plays today,1st #3 Noda again,6th #10,and in 8 th, #4&#5.
              Also in 7 th I agree with MOV #5 Spin a Yarn for the owners Chester.Back a few years ago I made major scores with them and now off the training path,Ubilio.
              plus 120$ so far
              My plays on 5 selections is 10$ WP.
              Will post a late pk4 later.
              GL

Comment

• Mrvolo
                Mrvolo commented
                Editing a comment
                Owners are Chester and Mary Broman

Good to see a Spa thread back at VFV. Good to see MOV’s picks as well. Good luck, all! Hit them hard.

Comment

some Saratoga thoughts for Friday 7/16

3rd....#4 W&P
                5th....#2 W&P
                7th...#10 W&P
                9th...#4 W&P

Comment

Sar R9 Forbidden Apple (1) mile ture
                  wide open race with the scratch of the #6.
                  Maybe the #1 will wire them, he has the right jockey
                  Looking in another direction though
                  $20 Win #8 Sanctuary City $2 ex 8 over 1,4,9,10 $1 ex saver 4,10 over 8
                  Best of luck

Comment

Day#3 Lost my 4 bets but did not get completely shut out.I mentioned Trainer Bond and he was 2 for 3.Had both winners singled in pk 4s but was not able to connect all the dots.Today in 3rd race Noda off the claim #7 and a 7,9,10 exacta box.My new strategy is not to play Brown or Pletcher till they win a race.
                    Congratulations to MOV for his selections yesterday.He mentioned his 40 plus years at Saratoga and that is a long time.From 1951 till 2016 I was at Saratoga for at least one racing day and last 25 spend the entire meet.Like it was yesterday,I remember Tom Fool getting beat and drinking lemonade from a cup by the jockeys room for 5 cents.GL

Comment

• east coast
                      east coast commented
                      Editing a comment
                      good call on some of those trainers you mentioned

Saratoga Saturday 7/17

3rd race.....#9 W&P

7th race....#4 W&P ex box 4 with 1-5-6-11

10th race....#5 W&P

Don't forget MOV and Dave have plenty of action posted today at VSIN
                    Last edited by east coast; 07-17-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Thanks, east coast...lots of plays posted at VSiN.com/horses ...

"Mr. Ed's Saratoga on (about) $100 a Day" with Late Pick 4 at Saratoga: https://www.vsin.com/mr-eds-saratoga...00-a-day-7-17/

My "Tuley's Thoroughbred Takes w/ 3 plays by me, plus 3 plays by Rampart race & sports book manager Duane Colucci (who also has Late Pick 4s at Saratoga & Del Mar) and a spot play from John Lauro (previously posted at VFV under something like "circle of roses"): https://www.vsin.com/tuleys-thorough...urday-july-17/

GLA

Comment

Day#4 My only real play yesterday I ran 1-3 in exacta and 3rd on my WP bet.Just got finished reading MOV in Vsin and agree 100% with all observations.One comment I have that may differ,you can on small $ hit a pk 4,tri,etc and be a winner for meet.
                        No plays today and after Church and lunch with a few friends will play a few $ on late races.Three straight betting days leaves me a little bet out.
                        GL

Comment

Working...
                        X