• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saratoga Sunday 7/18

3rd race Exacta 1-14 with 1-9-14-15-16

8th race #6 W&P

Visit (MOV) Mr Ed at VSIN

Comment

OK, Mr.OutsideVegas/Mr. Ed has kicked off the second week of the Saratoga meet with his news, notes and picks on Wednesday's card at: https://www.vsin.com/mr-eds-saratoga...00-a-day-7-21/

Comment

Wed Jul 21 Sar R7 #5 Amistad 12-1 ml 35 win 15 place
        Best of luck

Comment

Wed 7/21 Saratoga

I think weather is iffy again and the 10th is Off the turf

8th race #6 W&P ....the horse has ran well up here but I'm only playing if On the Turf ** Win $13.00 & $5.40 PL

nothing special opening week, only the wife made money $110 profit playing the Ortiz brothers in a $5 exacta box when running in same race against each other, we know that won't last plus wise but I'm sure she's sticking to it again this week LOL
          Last edited by east coast; 07-21-2021, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• Mrvolo
            Mrvolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Good Pick

I like that Ortiz brothers system.Somewhere I read top 5 jocks win 80% of races at Saratoga,so Ortiz/Ortiz makes sense.Sticking to Bond today and in 5 th #4.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrvolo View Post
            I like that Ortiz brothers system.Somewhere I read top 5 jocks win 80% of races at Saratoga,so Ortiz/Ortiz makes sense.Sticking to Bond today and in 5 th #4.
            Haha, she picked up another 85 today LOL, can't last forever

Comment

Hope I do not jinx her but following Mrs.East Coast.Last time I saw her was going back for seconds at the outdoor breakfast at the Adirondack Motel in Saratoga.Those were great times.A great place to stay and free shuttle service to the track and only one mile from the best Italian food in Saratoga.
              I have 3 plays,
              R#8 #3
              R#9 #7
              R#10#2
              all win place and a cold pick 3 3/7/2 Like Bond in last the best.GL

Comment

Just heard from TP and his comment on favorites at the Spa,”a short price is better than a long face”

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTuley View Post
                  For longtime members of VFV Nation, you'll recall that Mr.OutsideVegas did an annual "Saratoga on (about) $100 a Day" feature here in the ViewFromVegas Forums where he would share his insights and picks each day of the Saratoga meet.

Well, he's been helping me the past year and a half since the pandemic shutdown the rest of the sporting world last March with horse racing picks in my "Tuley's Thoroughbred Takes" column at vsin.com/horses and now will be reviving his Saratoga feature for VSiN.

Here's the link to his opening-day picks for Thursday: https://www.vsin.com/mr-eds-saratoga...00-a-day-7-15/. The best way to find his column each racing day of the Saratoga meet is at vsin.com/horses.

Feel free to share your thoughts on Ed's posts and your own Saratoga picks here. GLA
                  Mr Outside Vegas musta fallen on hard times, it used to be “$200 a day”😎
                  "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
                  “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

Saratoga Dirtsprints 3yro and older ,no OTTs
                    Favs thru R2 today

Favs have won 8 n a row including today’s 2nd race, Finished 2nd to .2nd Fav in other race .

Exa of Fav/2ndFav 6 of 9 $84 for $18
                    “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

• Mrvolo
                      Mrvolo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Glad you are back

Prices hard to come by thus far.

Comment

One thing I’m noticing is I bet a lot less races the last few years. Many of my Saratoga faves have passed away, retired, or don’t show up anymore. Voss, Ramon Hernandez, Violette, Dom Galluscio all resting in peace. Sheppard is at least semi-retired. Lisa Lewis doesn’t ship in. All a part of getting older, I guess….

Comment

Ramon Hernandez was the best.He would win 1 or 2 races at Saratoga and the board would light up.He retires and Ubilio takes over and for 3-4 years he would pop one.Today we all fell asleep.Shepherd retires after winning a race at Saratoga 47 straight years and is shut out in 2020.His assistant for 11 years enters 3 in jumps and runs 1-2.34$ exacta for a nice start buy who pays attention.
                        Nice hit MOV

Comment

Saratoga Friday 7/23

3rd race...#7 W&P ex key box 7 with 1-2-4-9

5th race.... #3 W&P

8th race...#8 W&P also late Doubles 8 with 1-3-6-8

10th race small play on a bomb #8 W&P

Mrvolo your always a wealth of information

Don't forget Mr Ed over at VSIN, as he had two nice best bet winners in a row and hit the late Pk 4 yesterday with a small investment

Comment

Burned a lot of tickets on uncoupled entries the first week as when they did win it was the favoured part and it’s partner was nowhere to be seen.
                            However that all changed yesterday when Brown,CC had the 2 longest of a 3 horse uncoupled entry romp home for a $170 exa.

Today we have pletcher and brown in 5 races.
                            Oops 12789

i bet the longer shot to win and box the exa.
                            gl barryt
                            Last edited by Barryt; 07-24-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Barryt
                              Barryt commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Pletcher ran 1,2 in first for $21 exa. @1min post I bet the 6 as the longer shot, but it ended up taking a lot of off track money to become the Fav.paying just $6.80.
                              Not a great return but ensures a winning day with the UNCOUPLED ENTRIES
                          Working...
                          X