So, what is wrong with the Buckeyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, what is wrong with the Buckeyes?

Purdue gave Ohio State an old fashioned ass kicking yesterday, 49-20. Just how could a team as talented as Ohio State be so uncompetitive? Is Ohio State over rated? Michigan looks like the class of the Big 10 Conference. What do you think?

Oh TARB....where oh where do I start........Let me start with the head coach....This team has had no energy, zero, since he returned from his suspension. The play calling has been horrible since his return as well. The defense seems to forgot how to tackle. I can't recall a team with this much talent, not knowing how to make tackles. The back end has been burned so much on deep plays so many times that I have lost count. Special teams has been the lone saving grace, until the starting place kicker was injured in pregame last week. The backup did well against Minnesota, but missed a gimmie last night.

I really think Urban is having some serious medical issues. It has been in the papers and news here as such. I really wouldn't be surprised if he "Takes a medical leave" during their bye week this week. He looks lost on the sidelines during the games and is a non-motivator. I could go on and on, but that is all I have time for right now, lol.

Comment

I think that the Buckeyes have a 1/7 chance to win out against Nebraska, Michigan State, Maryland and Michigan to have a chance to get to the BCS by winning the Big 10 Championship. I think that a second loss (probably at Michigan State or versus Michigan) eliminates the Buckeyes.

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
        I think that the Buckeyes have a 1/7 chance to win out against Nebraska, Michigan State, Maryland and Michigan to have a chance to get to the BCS by winning the Big 10 Championship. I think that a second loss (probably at Michigan State or versus Michigan) eliminates the Buckeyes.
        Agree 100%......I think they will beat UM, but lose on the road at East Lansing.

Comment

Karma Urban...Karma.

Comment

Originally posted by Seahawk Rick View Post
            Karma Urban...Karma.
            I thought at first you were trying to say Keith Urban, lol.........

Comment

Cotton is exactly right. I don't know what is wrong with this defense, but they give up so many big plays it's ridiculous. I also think Urban is loyal to a fault. When Haskins wasn't getting the ball in the end zone Martell should've been put in. The only thing Haskins can do is throw it deep. If you watch, EVERY TIME he runs the read option he hands it off. I don't know how defenses hadn't caught on to that until Purdue, and we see how that turned out. They better pull their heads out of their asses or they are definitely done. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost to both MSU and Bichigan. One more loss for sure knocks them out of the playoff picture. Only chance they have is win out, and even then I'm not sure if they deserve to make it unless things change drastically.

Comment

Did any of you guys watch GameDay last Saturday? I recorded it because I wanted to see all the madness at WSU with GameDay going there for the first time...They had a tear-jerker by Tom Rinaldi on a Purdue fan going through terminal cancer and how his story has gone. There are forces out there we can't see sometimes...

Comment

Originally posted by Seahawk Rick View Post
                  Did any of you guys watch GameDay last Saturday? I recorded it because I wanted to see all the madness at WSU with GameDay going there for the first time...They had a tear-jerker by Tom Rinaldi on a Purdue fan going through terminal cancer and how his story has gone. There are forces out there we can't see sometimes...
                  As soon as I saw it Saturday morning, I commented to the wife that we were screwed.......Like you said, higher forces....

Comment

Ohio State's offense works well when the Buckeyes feature running the ball. Against Purdue, Ohio State ran for less than 100 yards and had 73 pass attempts. Ohio State has to get back to pounding the ball on the ground. Haskins should be passing no more than 25 times per game. Run the ball about 50 times per game. The game plan stunk.

Comment

TARB...try these numbers on for size......somewhere out there, Woody Hayes is rolling over in his grave.....3 yards and a cloud of dust has been long gone the past 5 games, lol

In the first 3 games of the season, all while Urban Meyer was suspended and Ryan Day was calling the plays, here is what the Buckeyes ran for:
                      Against Oregon St: 53 atts for 375 yards and 5 tds which is an average of 7.1 ypr, with a long of 49 yards
                      Against Rutgers: 40 atts for 225 yards and 2 tds which is an average of 5.6 ypr, with a long of 47 yards
                      Against TCU: 42 atts for 182 yards and 1 td which is an average of 4.3 ypr with a long of 18 yards

In the last 5 games since Urban has returned to the sideline and has final say over the play calling, they have done the following:
                      Tulane: 38 for 151 and 2 tds which is 4.0 ypr with a long of 19 yards
                      Penn St: 37 for 119 and 1 td which is an average of 3.2 ypr with a long of 18 yards
                      Indiana: 48 for 154 and 1 td which is an average of 3.2 ypr with a long of 21 yards
                      Minnesota: 32 for 92 and 0 tds which is an average of 2.9 ypr with a long of 12 yards
                      Purdue: 25 for 76 and 0 tds which is an average of 3.0 ypr with a long of 11 yards

So what does this mean: In the first 3 games, the team averaged 45 rushes and 261 yards per game, with an average rush of 5.8 yards
                      In the last 5 games, the team has averaged 36 rushes for 118 yards, with an average rush of 3.3 yards. The longest rushing play since Urban's return is an amazing 21 yards (against IND)

So is it the offensive line??? The duo running backs (who both ran for over 1,000 yards just last year)??? The play calling????? I'll let you guys be the judge, but I think the numbers above really speak for themselves.

#ScarletAndGrayUntilIDie

Comment

Working...
                      X