No announcement yet.

WEEK 1 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough week to start with. Have a couple in Adam's again this year. Rams seem like the best play to me with the improved QB, who is also very familiar with Chicago D being in the same division all those years. I guess that could work both ways, but Stafford's weapons and scheme are different than he had with Detroit. Would hate to use the Packers early on a road game, but this is more of a neutral game being in JAX rather than New Orleans. I would guess the fans will be closer to 50/50. Worth a look anyway. Niners are the other obvious choice, but a little scary as well.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice to see you on the thread Bucky!

Like the LAR pick some and have it on the short list. I'm starting to like CAR more as a team to take that you might not have many opportunities to take this season.
      Even thinking of NE some. Get players back that bowed out for Covid reasons. Billy is a hellava coach and will make the most of the money they spent this offseason.

Adam - Car, Atl, Rams, SF
    Dave's - Atl, TB, SF

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Care to say why you're on any of them? You don't need to, but maybe there is a morsel for others to gain some knowledge from.

I like the SF pick a lot and I feel LAR at home should get it done. I've been thinking about CAR. ATL is a mystery to me and I don't know much about PHIL.
      Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 09-08-2021, 08:12 PM.

I might have mentioned this site in past years but it shows people's picks and their records ATS and SU. They have some picks by last years top percentage players, some of whom were at 70%. They have a lot of free stuff and they started some $30 deal this season that gets you more insight. Worth a look...

nflpickwatch.com

Comment

You know I always root for you but SF breaks 2 rules,road team and biggest % pick.I am in 3 small pools( under 2000$) and took TB in all 3.
      in Adams pool I have 2 and LARams is one for sure because of QB and really think Bears and Dalton go nowhere.My other pick is between NE or Carolina.Have till Saturday and will see if there is any line movement.Jets have rookie QB on road for first start,not a good position to be in.Miami from what I read in local papers has some OL problems and Uncle Bill has been around the block like a merry go round.Will take either one.GL

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure you knew TB was gonna win along! LOL! How many times did you reach for the whiskey?!

• Mrvolo
        Mrvolo commented
        Editing a comment
        In the two small pools I have 2 entries each and took TB on all 4 tickets.Long night.In Adam looks like LAR and NE.

Like I said above Volo, Most people will break a rule they have Week 1! I usually shy away from the biggest picks on the board but with 3-entries I feel I have some wiggle room. SF is a legit SB contender if they stay healthy and DET with Goff aren't anywhere close IMHO. Goff has a terrible track record vs SF and he doesn't have a defense like he had in LA to save him.

Liking both the CAR and NE options some. CAR for sure I think and then need to look at NE/MIA game more but like Billy at home with way more weapons than he had last season.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210909-094525.jpg Views:	27 Size:	226.9 KB ID:	21694
        Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 09-09-2021, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• Buckeyefan80
          Buckeyefan80 commented
          Editing a comment
          Miami plays NE so those get tossed.

A RB and DB went down Thursday with ACLs for BALT FYI...

Comment

Took Rams- Carolina and Buff- didn't need to get them in this week until Sat

Took all home teams-- Rams because I think more folks will be on SF, Buff I like this year and feel Pitt has lost a few steps on the O line, and Carolina because, well, the jets.

I find it hard to separate who I think will win vs. who I think will cover-- ie: Pitt may cover- perhaps Bears too-- I usually take points like our mentor Dave-
          Anyway these I do hope get me to next week anyway-

Comment

I am on opposite page on this one.If I think a team may cover I will not take other In Survivor.Pitt was 11-0 out of the gate last year and their coach has been around for ever.Key to this game is line.If it drops to 6 I am on Pitt.The game where dog has chance to win straight up is KC-Cleveland.
            Tough week,hope we all advance.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you take NE or CAR as your 2nd pick?
              Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 09-11-2021, 10:18 AM.

• Buckeyefan80
              Buckeyefan80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Pitt also had a VERY easy schedule last year.

Took NE as Jets passed thru Fulton Fish Market and something is fishy about their game.

Comment

LIZ HURLEY FANTASY SURVIVOR PICK....

Oh yes, the time of year I can try to impress the super hottie who I hope to be my next ex-girlfriend! I've tried many a trick to get into her.......Heart! She's playing hard to get, but she's getting weaker and weaker as she's not hanging up on me nearly as often as she used to when I called her up wanting to give her a massage. I have patience...She has a bodyguard.

For anyone new to the thread, this basically serves as my Survivor pick if I had only one entry. Haven't gone undefeated yet, but my hit percentage is very high, kind of like me thinking Lizzy will be mine someday...I will persevere!

SF is the pick.

I'll just paste what I wrote in my POW explanation...Jared Goff...Enough said! I've always liked Stafford and think he'll do well in LA but Goff could takeover TB and run them into the ground with his decision-making...Or lack of. He's 0-4 against SF since 2019 with 4-picks and 4-TDs in that time. He doesn't have the WR's he had in LA either and he'll be going against a defense that has many people that were injured a good chunk of last season ready to roll. DET allowed the third-most points per game (32.4) in NFL HISTORY! That D doesn't right the ship in one season and Jimmy G is a good QB IMHO and has had a great camp. With a solid D, he doesn't have to be a hero. The line is going to go up...Grab it now!

Speaking of grabbing...Meeeeeowwww.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lizw1.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	548.7 KB
ID:	21751

Comment

OK...3-Picks in Adam's pool, 2-picks in the million dollar pool.

SF...See my Liz Hurley post. Just flat out the better team and they are healthy.

CAR...McCaffrey is back and will be too much for the JETS. Darnold has some weapons now that he didn't have in NYJ but should be able to do enough with the help of McCaffrey.

LAR...Went all over the board before settling on LAR with a stud D and Stafford should run the offense the way McVay could never get Goff to run it.

Was trying to get myself onto NE but would rather stay off the division game if possible but Billy should be back to his old bag of tricks and find a way to beat the finned ones...

Comment

ADAM WEEK 1 SUMMARY...

Wow, not sure I ever seen so many teams picked for a single week! 28 Teams! Of course I'm on the top 3...GULP!

Name:	adamw1.PNG
Views:	84
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	21758

Comment

• mtheller
                    mtheller commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Couple of things I noticed amongst the picks. One guy had 8 entries, went 4 on houston and 4 on jacksonville ($440 down the toilet).
                    A guy with 10 entries went all in on TEN, he gone. Another guy with 9 went all in on BUF, he done.

• mtheller
                    mtheller commented
                    Editing a comment
                    And honorable mention goes to the guy with 50 entries!!!! At least he spread his picks out some and only lost 15 or 16 of his entries.

• Seahawk Rick
                    Seahawk Rick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wow!!!! If that isn't a lesson for not to put all of your picks on one team, nothing is!!!

I haven't had a chance to look at the final entry list that closely but will check it out. Thanks for pointing it out,!

Just started a new job and traveling a lot so missed the discussion before the deadline but definitely love this weekly thread. Thanks for keeping it going Rick. I have three entires into the Adam pool and landed on the three most popular choices (gulp!!) SF, Carolina and LAR. Good luck to everyone this week. Looking forward to the season.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                    Seahawk Rick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nice to see ya back Deano! I'm on the same 3. Gulp!

Originally posted by Seahawk Rick View Post
                  LIZ HURLEY FANTASY SURVIVOR PICK....

Oh yes, the time of year I can try to impress the super hottie who I hope to be my next ex-girlfriend! I've tried many a trick to get into her.......Heart! She's playing hard to get, but she's getting weaker and weaker as she's not hanging up on me nearly as often as she used to when I called her up wanting to give her a massage. I have patience...She has a bodyguard.

For anyone new to the thread, this basically serves as my Survivor pick if I had only one entry. Haven't gone undefeated yet, but my hit percentage is very high, kind of like me thinking Lizzy will be mine someday...I will persevere!

SF is the pick.

I'll just paste what I wrote in my POW explanation...Jared Goff...Enough said! I've always liked Stafford and think he'll do well in LA but Goff could takeover TB and run them into the ground with his decision-making...Or lack of. He's 0-4 against SF since 2019 with 4-picks and 4-TDs in that time. He doesn't have the WR's he had in LA either and he'll be going against a defense that has many people that were injured a good chunk of last season ready to roll. DET allowed the third-most points per game (32.4) in NFL HISTORY! That D doesn't right the ship in one season and Jimmy G is a good QB IMHO and has had a great camp. With a solid D, he doesn't have to be a hero. The line is going to go up...Grab it now!

Speaking of grabbing...Meeeeeowwww.

Name:	lizw1.PNG
Views:	87
Size:	548.7 KB
ID:	21751
                  I took Carolina this week

I don't want to deviate too much here but: There is a very good reason why Liz Hurley is single: LIZ HURLEY! As physically beautiful as it gets. To be able to rock a bikini at her age the way she does is incredible. But just keep this in mind: Think about what Hugh Grant got caught having done to him - when Liz was at her height of beauty. Think Hugh got that done elsewhere because he was "getting it" at home? Me, neither. She strikes me as someone like Halle Berry, Christie Brinkley Charlize Theron and others like them - single for a reason, THEM! Hurley is someone to spend a night with. Nothing more.

Good luck with your 49ers pick. Hope it helps you win her heart although an 8-figure bank account will do that more than anything else.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                    Seahawk Rick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A night is all I need... The 8-figure bank account might be an issue... I'll charm her!
                Working...
                X