No announcement yet.

2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 8 (Oct 25-29) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 8 (Oct 25-29) Post Plays Here

This is the thread for the 2018 VFV NFL P.O.W. contest. The following are the rules for this year (the same as in the past):

1. All contestants must be a member in good standing with VFV
    2. Players make one (1) single play ATS each week during the NFL regular season
    3. A correct play results in one (1) point being awarded. A "push" or tie, results in a half point (1/2) being awarded
    4. An Incorrect play results in zero (0) points being awarded
    5. All lines MUST be taken from the following website each week: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
    6. All lines must be -120 or less (must be posted on above site...no buying 1/2 point)
    7. Only Vegas Sports Books listed on the VI website will be allowed
    8. The following Books will NOT be allowed: VI Consensus, BetOnline, PepperMill, Atlantis Reno
    9. The following selections are allowed: Full Game Side, Full Game Total, First Half Side, First Half Total (NO MONEYLINES ALLOWED)
    10. Plays MUST be submitted each week by kickoff of last scheduled game.
    11. Plays must be in the following format (or close to it):

2018 NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0 (post your current record here))

Atlanta Falcons +3 (Golden Nugget)
    (This is where you will post your reasoning for this selection. It doesn't have to be a book or even a full paragraph, but more than just "I think the Falcons are better.")

12. Myself, Seahawk Rick (the artist formerly known as Cybergolf) or any other I deem so, will have final ruling on if a play is valid (ie: Wrong line, Wrong Book, Not enough reasoning given, etc)
    13. The first couple of weeks I will give the benefit of the doubt to any newcomers on here...veterans, you know the rules, LMEAO
    14. To qualify for the playoff round of this competition, players must have a total of 10 points by the end of the regular season (week 17)...important note: your points will be the number of Units you start with in the playoff portion of the contest that runs through the Super Bowl)
    15. Prizes to be determined by DaveTuley....we've had fellow posters offer up prizes in the past, so please let me know if anyone has anything to offer or ideas for yours truly (yes, this is an edit by DaveTuley I'd like to have a prize for the person earning the most points during the regular season...and then the overall champ after the Super Bowl (and perhaps a runner-up prize).
    16. NO EDITING!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and best of luck this season!

In week 7 we went a combined 25-29-0 (.463) ATS

Thru 7 weeks, we are a combined 211-195-12 (.505) ATS

The top 12 in the contest did go an impressive 9-3 ATS on their plays, so follow them, lol

Congrats to Mr. Volo for remaining the lone perfect entry!!

After this week, we will start dropping entries from the standings when they are mathematically eliminated.
    Name Win Loss Tie Total
    MR.VOLO 7 0 0 7
    FLORABAMABOY 6 1 0 6
    JUSTJULIE123 6 1 0 6
    PHATMAN15 6 1 0 6
    RACINGCAT 6 1 0 6
    DAVEY SHINES 5 1 1 5.5
    FREEJACK 5 1 1 5.5
    2HOLLYWOOD 5 2 0 5
    CAP32 5 1 0 5
    EAST COAST 5 2 0 5
    J.HERB 4 1 2 5
    LEGZ_AKIMBO 5 2 0 5
    MCGRATH 5 2 0 5
    MR. PIXTER 4 2 1 4.5
    BUCKEYEFAN80 4 3 0 4
    CHAMOINLA 4 3 0 4
    DUKOWSKI 4 3 0 4
    ERMINE 4 3 0 4
    JDMOOSE1950 4 3 0 4
    MTHELLER 4 3 0 4
    PETGAL2 4 2 0 4
    PITTSBURGH 4 3 0 4
    STR8OUTTADURANGO 4 3 0 4
    TARB 4 3 0 4
    AZTEC10 3 2 1 3.5
    COACHV29 3 3 1 3.5
    RAY 3 2 1 3.5
    AARON24 3 4 0 3
    AMAZINGMOM 3 4 0 3
    BARNSTORM 3 3 0 3
    BLUEANDGOLD65 3 4 0 3
    BRUINGUY 3 4 0 3
    DEANO 3 4 0 3
    DMAC 3 2 0 3
    GCOTTON 3 4 0 3
    JPDAWG 3 4 0 3
    MARCBRYANJACOB 3 4 0 3
    MR. OUTSIDEVEGAS 3 3 0 3
    ROCKMAN IN PA 3 4 0 3
    SKULLF 3 4 0 3
    STRMCHSR1 3 4 0 3
    TAKETHEREDEYE 3 4 0 3
    TBONE2630 3 4 0 3
    TEXAN 73 3 4 0 3
    TONYLOVE 3 4 0 3
    XAVIER ROB 3 4 0 3
    YISMAN 3 3 0 3
    JPFITZ7 2 4 1 2.5
    NINERUTEFAN 2 4 1 2.5
    ASTEROID M 2 3 0 2
    BARRYT 2 4 0 2
    BIGGATOR53 2 3 0 2
    COMPASS ROSE 2 5 0 2
    DAVE TULEY 2 4 0 2
    NOTJDAIGLE 2 2 0 2
    SEAHAWK RICK 2 5 0 2
    CASEINPOINT 1 5 1 1.5
    EIEIO 1 5 1 1.5
    BUCKY 1 4 0 1
    DGOOSE111 1 2 0 1
    FEARLESS830 1 0 0 1
    GREAT SANTINI 1 2 0 1
    LIVEDOGGY 1 2 0 1
    SENATOR L 1 3 0 1
    UMOP APISDN 1 1 0 1
    ANYBODYBUTTIGER 0 2 0 0
    PJFROMCHICAGO 0 2 0 0
    RAO80 0 2 0 0
    WJCJR 0 2 0 0
    Last edited by gcotton; 10-24-2018, 08:34 AM.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (3-4-0 YTD)

Philadelphia Eagles -2.5 (William Hill)

There is so much trouble in the JAX locker room right now . This is more of a play against JAX then it is a play on PHI. Both coming off losses on Sunday, but JAX was just man-handled. Hell they even benched their QB!! I think PHI realizes they have the momentum coming in, and I trust Doug Pederson more then JAX head coach. The only thing that would sway me to JAX is that these guys can pretty much consider this a home game. They have been making this trip every year for the past few seasons, so they are used to the "different practice week". But I still like the Eagles laying less then a FG with all the trouble in the Jags clubhouse. Will be an interesting flight to London from Jacksonville.

Philadelphia 27
      Jacksonville 10

Best of luck to all this week!
      Last edited by gcotton; 10-24-2018, 08:36 AM. Reason: edited to show my updated record.

Comment

2018 NFL POW (6-1 ATS)

Eagles -3 (Westgate)

I wish I had been quicker to see this line right after the open at -2.5 like GCotton, but 3 seems entirely reasonable when you look at the now pathetically inept Jaguar offense. They have scored a grand total of 28 points in their last 3 games, and given up 90. At some point the Eagles are going to start playing like the defending Super Bowl Champions, and you gotta believe they have to be sick over how they lost against Carolina. This week they put down the hammer in a must win game before their bye week and get back on track against a team seemingly in disarray. If the total was more like 44 i would consider an under play, the field in England is pretty tore up from all the rain and soccer matches. Think the game line creeps up to -4 by kickoff, so I am grabbing the -3 before it gets higher.

Comment

In the words of the great race announcer freddie capasella.:

"and there not going to catch the " undefeated" Mr. Volo today"

glta!
          Last edited by jdmoose1950; 10-22-2018, 10:59 AM.

Comment

4-3
            BROWNS +8 ..... Westgate
            Browns are playing competitive football this year. Steelers play down to its competition. This is a division matchup where the points are always welcome.

Comment

4-1-2
              Bills +14 MGM

Grabing the 14 here in a divisional game. Bills turned the ball over 5x last week so hoping they
              can take care of the ball this week. Their only chance is to play ball control bend don't break defense
              Anderson gets another week of practice.prime time game in Buffalo,cold and raw but mainly grabbing the points
              hold my nose and pray.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (2-5-0 )

BUFF +14 (All over)

I'd rather lick a light socket than be on BUFF, but the only other 10-dog is DEN, and I think KC is gonna keep rolling, so I want to be on the UPSET OF THE CENTURY and go with BUFF. My hope is that Tommy Boy eats some bad sushi Sunday night and gets food poisoning that keeps him out of the game. I think Peterman could come in for NE and beat BUFF like a red-headed step child, but just hoping NE takes their foot off the gas at some point, or is so disinterested in the game and just tries to play hard enough to win, and not get hurt!

I am banking on the NFL's 4th ranked defense (Not a joke!) to keep NE under 20...In the first quarter! The steller BUFF offense that ranks 31st/32nd in points scored, passing yards, and total yards to lull the NE defense into a trance, and then get four-late TD's to cover!!! Bet the house on it!!! An outhouse...
                Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-23-2018, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Giants +1 (all over)

redskins beat up due to physical game with cowboys...giants o-3 at home will get there 1st home victory..already got rid of one " bad apple"..no pun intended

Comment

• Mrvolo
                    Mrvolo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One of my 3 plays this week but not ready for official play.Play cards on Monday night and everybody in game wants to pick NFL games.I play dumb which sometimes is easy and throw a few games out.Nobody picked the Giants or Dolphins.
                    Too bad about Violette,he looked awful in winner’s circle after a win at Saratoga.I picked up on him when he trained for A Vanderbilt

• gcotton
                    gcotton commented
                    Editing a comment
                    One bad Apple and HIS MOM, lol!!

Updated standings now listed above!

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (5-1-1 YTD)

NO +1 (William Hill)

I think the line is on the wrong side here but I will take the point. NO has their balance back with Mark Ingram back in the fold and their weapons seem endless with the dart throwing Brees. I think this game will be more of a shootout and I would take Brees over anyone in that situation. The Saints get a chance at revenge from last years post season, they will get that bad taste out here. The vikings are just as banged up as the saints along the line and with Dalvin Cook hobbled I dont think they can control enough clock, leaving the door open for Brees. I think the Saints win 34-27

Comment

pow 5-1
                      colts -3 william hill

Luck 15 TDs in their last 4. Indy has avg 5.1 yards per rush since Marlon Mack came back. TY Hilton is back. Oakland players know Gruden and the front office threw in the towel already. Colts win by atleast a td

Comment

POW 4-3

49ers +1 Treasure Island

Simply put I feel Sf is the better, more competitive team. Feel like Arizona is a mess and with a new Off Coordinator do not see it getting better. SF with the better coach gets it done.

Comment

Pow 3-4
                          New Orleans PK Westgate
                          You never know which Vikings team will show up on any given day. This may very well end up being a blowout for the other side, but I’m going with the more stable team with the better QB.

Comment

3-3-1
                            Eagles -2.5

Trip to London is just what the birds need to rebound from choke v. Panthers. Team needs to win close ones again like last year. Look for low-scoring game early Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                            X