X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL POW 1-0

Steelers -5.5 -110 (Everywhere)

Man do I hate picking my team 2 weeks in a row. Raiders took advantage of a beat up Ravens team and barely squeaked it out. I feel like the win last week was an emotional high for the Raiders with their first true home game (with fans). Not only are the Raiders coming off of a short week but now you factor in east coast/west coast game at 1:00 for the Raiders. Steelers defense picks up right where it left off last week and will shut Carr down. Steelers cover two weeks in a row...

Comment

NFL POW 0-1-0 Pittsburgh - 5 1/2 Everywhere. The Steelers were impressive on both sides of the ball against my Bills in Orchard Park. Their defense was particularly formidable. As WinkyDuck points out the Raiders had an emotional MNF win and now have to travel east for an early start. Compounding problems, starting offensive guard Good is gone for the year and fellow guard Incognito suffered an injury. This doesn't bode well for Derek Carr as the Steelers can bring Watt, Heyward and Ingram to pressure the QB and get into the backfield before Jacobs gets rolling.

Comment

WK2 1-0

San Fran -3 1/2 @ Wynn

Although Dave likes Pha here, I’ve had this circled since the schedule came out since SF would stay East and bond with Football 24/7 the whole week. Tx to the Lions late game heroics and Pha trouncing of Atl, the line has moved from 4 to 3.5. SF maybe Super Bowl bound while Pha will struggle to win NFC east.

Mostert is out for SF but they scored 41 without him. SF should play one of its better games of the year !
        "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
        “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

Riding with my game plan.

WK #2
          POW 1-0

NY JETS UNDER 42.5 - Stations & Caesars

Would be a miracle on "Fieldturf (?)" if the "grounded" Boeing's offence scores 16-17 pts today.

Comment

NFL POW 1 - 0

Miami plus 3.5 mgm

Another home dog which I like. Just think these might be two teams heading in different directions. Even if buffalo pulls out the win hoping it will be by a FG and the hook saves me.

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (1-0-0)

New England -5.5 (Circa)

I would imagine this has been one of the longest weeks for Patriot players ever. They won everything against Miami except the final score. The Jets come in
              and will face the wrath of Belichick. The Jets have a new coach, rookie QB, and a weak offensive line that lost its best player. In comes Zach Wilson who will
              get an expensive tutorial from the "Coach" in his NFL Rookie QB School. The Pats get on the right track in what could be a blowout.

"Do what is right . . . and suffer the consequences" Sam Houston

Comment

NFL POW [1-0-0]

Green Bay -11 (Circa) Jeff Okudah is out and the Packers will get their offense rolling at Lambeau. I see a lopsided matchup here as I think the Lions are a bottom 3 team in the league. I don't see a backdoor cover as the Packers need to make up for last week's debacle.

Comment

NFL POW 0-1-0
                  Pats -5.5 (Circa)

Did you see Mac Jones? Played like a seasoned vet, perfect match with the Hoodie in terms of temperament - "Ugh, no thanks, I don't want the game ball for my first TD throw. Why, we didn't put the game away...." if that isn't Coach B. channeling,I don't know what is. Pats have owned the Jets. Wagons circled this week, they will put this one away by the start of the 4th quarter. Pats by 10+.

Comment

NFL POW 1-0-0
                    arizona -3.5 (circa)

everything worked in week 1 for arizona in the beat down of a tenn team on the road. going w the momentum and the healthy start to season for arizona to continue as minn. struggled versus a cinc. looking for arizona offense to continue to flourish and the d to lock down a minn offense that struggled.

Comment

NFL (POW) 1-0-0
                      this weeks pick PACKERS -10.5 (circa)

Green bay is no where near as bad as last weeks result. Detroit made it much closer on the scoreboard than the game was played last week. Detroit now travels and give the packers an extra day to stew about how bad they looked the first week. Heard on ESPN this morning that the packers have lost by double digits 3 times since lefleur has become the head coach. The following week Rodgers has thrown for 4 touchdowns and the packers have won by double digits. I’m going with the trend and the packers roll Monday night.

Comment

NFL POW 0-1
                        That Washington play was a stinker.
                        Did not help that team converted 2 out of 10 third downs.
                        Thanks Ron!

Carolina +3.5
                        Circa

You're in a sports bar and some so called expert at the bar talks about last weeks GB-NO game and how the Saints kick butt.
                        I don't disagree there.
                        But you say to this so called expert "Excuse me sir, I am sorry to bother you but would tell me in The Bay of Pigs game played in FL last year how did Aaron's team do last year?
                        Uh, they were blown out by TB and Tom Brady.
                        Correct Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay and a Rodgers team tends to struggle in the state of FL no matter where the game is played.
                        Oh.
                        And if you had a chance to hear before or after the game the Saints were playing the game in honor all the individuals affected by the hurricane.
                        It's called motivation.
                        Week 2 New Orleans in the last 9 is 1-8 ATS
                        Carolina 8-2 last 10 games.

Comment

• Barryt
                          Barryt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good write up. Add in that many N O coaches,5or6, are on Covid list, will make in game adjustments very difficult. Tailing you, but thinking maybe Car 2h

• Archie8
                          Archie8 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks. Sometimes the juices are flowing for commentary. Other times, I become Vinnie Barbarino and cannot write a word. AKA writers block.

2021 NFL P.O.W. (0-0-1 YTD)

Los Angeles Rams -3.5 (Everywhere)

Going with the better offensive mind in this one. Not just on the sidelines, but especially under center. I'll take Stafford 10xs over Wentz if given the chance. Weather will not be an issue and really not concerned about the early body-clock kickoff for the Rams. McVeigh has done an incredible job in getting his teams ready to play early in the East. Don't see that changing this week.

Los Angeles Rams 31
                        Indianapolis Colts 21

Best of luck to all this week and stay safe everyone!

Comment

POW 1 - 0 -0

Eagles +3 CIRCA

Both teams coming off win over less than stellar opponents but a full 70,000 screaming eagles at the LINC for the first time since 2019 season will carry the Birds to a FG win. Hurts appear for real and seems to have meshed very well with his three young receivers. Playing the combo of Garrapolo and Lance may not be the best move on the NIners part.

Comment

NFL POW 1-0

Tennessee +6.5 (BETMGM)

As the saying goes, no team is as bad or as good as week 1 looks. To me these teams are pretty equal and is a coin toss straight up, so I'll take the points.

Comment

POW 1-0

STEELERS -6 (Caesars)

This past Monday Night OT game went nearly 5 quarters with ample emotional ups and downs for both sides. The Raiders were in a winning spot, opening their new digs before live fans for the first time, so their win was not unexpected. The Ravens were in tough what with injuries and traveling cross country. I’ll be betting against both these teams in Week 3 after the short week, the OT, and the emotional highs and lows. But I do think the Raiders are in a tougher spot than the Ravens. In addition to all the above, Vegas is traveling cross country, playing a better team in an early game. It would take an extraordinary effort for Gruden to get his guys focused enough to keep the game close.

Comment

Working...
                              X