No announcement yet.

2021 NFL P.O.W. Week 3 (Sept 23-27) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not ready for play yet but a thought.Game that begs you to bet LVR has them 4, 4 1/2 over Miami.Miami is shifting its OL around and Tua is out.
    If line does not move 80% of money on Raiders,love to go other way in these situations.

Comment

NFL POW (1-1)

Carolina -8 (BetMGM and everywhere)

Flipping a coin to see which backup QB getting their first start will be my opponent. Indy and Houston are the candidates this week and Houston feels like the inferior team surrounding a first time starter. So then looked at opponents to see the differences. Carolina has been one of the bigger surprises this year with Matt Rhule and Sam Darnold getting the job done for two straight weeks (two is a trend right, lol). Tennessee had such a stinker in week 1 against AZ - and the first 35 minutes of the Seattle game that they scare me a little. Higher potential to lay an egg against Indy. However, Tennessee is only laying 5 and it’s over a TD with Carolina. The final bonus is that Carolina is playing Houston on a short week, so Mills gets even fewer snaps and preparation time for his first start.

Comment

NFL POW [2-0-0]

Arizona -7 (Treasure Island) I'm leery taking a western team on the road with an early start, but the Cardinals are light years better than the Jags. Plus, the Jags defense has been on the field over 60% of the time in their first two games. I'm hoping Arizona doesn't have a let down after the emotional win against the Vikings.

Comment

NFL POW (0-2)
          Minnesota +2 (WYNNBET)
          My taking the Vikes should tank their season for certain.

Comment

NFL POW (1-1)
            Tenn -5 Wynn

To me this is the best line of the week out all the NFL games. Colts offensive line is terrible and Wentz has zero time to throw. Tenn came into the season high and got embarrassed in week 1 and then turned around and beat a good Seattle team. Motivation for Tenn is still running high from that week 1 embarrassment and they will roll Indy to show who is superior in this division. Tenn +10 or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Pittsburgh View Post
              NFL POW (1-1)
              Tenn -5 Wynn

To me this is the best line of the week out all the NFL games. Colts offensive line is terrible and Wentz has zero time to throw. Tenn came into the season high and got embarrassed in week 1 and then turned around and beat a good Seattle team. Motivation for Tenn is still running high from that week 1 embarrassment and they will roll Indy to show who is superior in this division. Tenn +10 or more.
              Colts OL is terrible? I thought it was their strength, with Quenton Nelson anchoring it. PFF has them as the second best OL in the NFL. https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking...ng-2021-season Maybe they have some injuries? The Colts have been right there in both of their games vs two very good teams, although an 0-2 start at home is not good. If Wentz can't go, Eason looked like a deer in the headlights when he came in and threw a pick on his first pass. Maybe with a week of practice he will be better. Huge conference game for Indy after an 0-2 start. Tenny is only 1-1 and Indy would go from being 0-2 to first place with a win and also have a head to head advantage over Tenny with a win at Tenny. It's a two team race in that division. Huge game for Indy. Of course none of this is lost on Tenny. They will be ready also. Close game. GL!

Comment

• Mrvolo
                Mrvolo commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree 100%.Seems Colts are contrarian play this week.

• barnstorm
                barnstorm commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, Pittsburgh, stand corrected. This from "The Lines" website: "the Colts‘ typically outstanding offensive line was devoured against one of the better defensive lines in the NFL. Surely a bad performance against the likes of Aaron Donald is excusable, but this offensive line hasn’t looked good at all this season; Carson Wentz sits in the top 10 in hurries (9) and pressure rate (30.1%) and PFF grades the Colts 30th in pass blocking this season (28th in run blocking)."

So the Colts OL is good, but underperforming so far this year. Rams DL will do that to you.

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                Like I've posted on the award winning Survivor thread, Eason here at the UW stared down his receivers...Barely works in college, and doesn't work in the NFL.

NFL POW (1-1-0)
              Tampa -1 Caesars

LA took down Tampa last year in week 11 while TB12 was still trying to gain some traction in his new digs. Brady looked lost out there and then they lost to KC the following week and then click. They havent lost since. The Bucs keep clicking this week. Stafford will have his growing pains In LA just like Brady had his. I see TB by a couple scores.

Comment

NFL POW 0-2 YTD

Texans +8 Circa

Oh man...I'm scared about dropping to 0-2 before Friday even rolls around - but I really love this line for a few reasons: 1) I love fading teams coming off a blowout win. 2) I didn't realize beating up on the Jets and winning a divisional game made you eligible to be a road favorite of over a TD. Maybe the Panthers are for real and I'm way off the mark here, but they have had 3 days to prep for this game and feel really good about themselves after their statement win. On the other side we have a Texans team who EVERYONE wrote off playing their first primetime game. I expect the Texans to be the more motivated team. I'll back the Rookie tonight.

Comment

NFL P.O.W. - (2-0)

Den -10 MGM

Shocker! Im going to pick on the Jets again! They are traveling up where the air is thin...just like their team. Bridgewater has been a consistent solid QB ever since he took over for Brees and went on at winning tear. He got a raw deal in Carolina. I dont think the Broncos are super bowl contenders but I do think they will house the Jets by at least 14 points. This game will be over by the half and the jets will be on oxygen. Good luck to all!

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (2-0-0)

LA Rams +1.5 (Circa)

Battle of two premier teams and two great QBs. Brady is the best ever, but so far this year has played two sub-par defenses in
                    Dallas and Atlanta. LA poses a little different dynamic with a superior defense to Tampa. Offensively, Stafford and company should
                    be able to find some success against Tampa's dbs. Home field should help as well. Rams are out to prove their worth.
                    "Do what is right . . . and suffer the consequences" Sam Houston

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (0-1-1 YTD)

Seattle Seahawks -1.5(MGM)

Line is moving up and wanted to lock this in. Wilson to me is hands down one of the top 3 QBs in the league...Cousins, maybe top 15..maybe. Game will be indoors, so no issue with the weather. SEA got beat by a good TEN team last week, a game in which they should of won. MIN has not looked like a winning team in either of their losses. Zimmer is fighting for his job and hanging on for life. Too many issues in this MIN locker room for my likings. SEA does have a tough divisional road game on deck, but shouldn't be an issue. Game should be a shootout, but experience and better coaching and QB will be the difference.

Seattle Seahawks 34
                      Minnesota Vikings 27

Best of luck to all this week!

Comment

• barnstorm
                        barnstorm commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Dalvin Cook is questionable? Maybe just not practicing.

• Seahawk Rick
                        Seahawk Rick commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm glad you have confidence in the Seachickens!!! MINN could be 2-0 without much heavy lifting, but aren't. They aren't facing Derek Godzilla Henry this week so that should help the D that took the 2nd half off. Russy pressed some late...Keep the realllly stupid penalties out of this game and they'll have a shot.

Where's my beer?! :-)

1-1

Atlanta +3 Bet MGM

After playing TB defense Giants D will seem like tissue paper. This could get ugly early and the home crowd along
                      with it. (and they have a head start). Falcons will not have many teams they can beat on their schedule but this lackluster
                      outfit is one of them.

Add to this is the trend of : Last 5 years roads teams starting 0-2 ATS are 17-8 ATS week 3.

Comment

POW 2-0-0
                        Jacksonville + 7 1/2 Circa
                        Arizona is good and may be looking ahead,Rams,Cleveland and TB.They come East again early game.Jax not world beaters but did score against
                        Houston and Trevor L should be getting a little better and 7 1/2 a lot at home.Somewhat a contrarian play and that is my style.If it was not this play my #2 is Miami.

Comment

• barnstorm
                          barnstorm commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I see that DeAndre Hopkins has not practiced all week with ribs and will a game time decision. That's big.

0-2-0
                        Steelers -4.5 (TI)
                        Mired in POW basement, MOV looks to his former hometown Steelers to bail him out. Rookie RB and a stableful of fast receivers give Ben &Co. too much fire power for the Bungles.

Comment

• barnstorm
                          barnstorm commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There are Pittsburgh -3s available everywhere else, if you can change. Even TI has it -4 now. GL.

pow 1-1
                        dallas -3.5 ceasars

dallas home opener coming off a big road win and playing divisional game. must take care of business at home and the offense will lead them to victory.

Comment

Working...
                        X