No announcement yet.

WEEK 4 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three picks still alive in Adam pool thanks to JT’s ridiculous FG in Detroit. My favorite part of the replay was the Detroit fans celebrating in the background d when the kick hit the crossbar only to see it bounce forward and thru. Reminded me of the old Wide World of Sports tagline about the agony of defeat and the thrill of victory - all experienced in about 2 seconds as that ball bounced forward and saved thousands of survivor plays around the country. (My apologies to any Lions fans on the thread, that was a brutal beat).

So with that, hoping for a much calmer set of blowouts this week. Taking New Orleans, Cincy (only value on them all year) and Buffalo this week. GLTA

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, when I was watching that kick I didn't even realize that it hit the crossbar I was only looking at the referees arms and if they were going up or not.

I was at the Seahawks and Vikings freezer bowl playoff game years ago when their kicker missed the chip shot to win it in the end and where I was sitting you only saw the kick from the side so didn't know if it was good or not but everybody cheered like it was because it was so easy but then reality set in about 3 seconds later and that was a glorious thing to behold!

Changed to buff and KC

Comment

ADAM POOL SUMMARY...

Expected suspects up towards the top of the board based off trends from earlier in the week. WTF, CHI and BALT with Lamar possibly not playing because of a bad back get some votes...BUT, not as many as 'Missed Deadline with 10!!!'

Click image for larger version

Name:	adamw4.PNG
Views:	98
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	22336

Comment

I text Volo at half time and said Cinn would win on a walk off FG!!!!

That was after I said in the 2nd qtr. I lost two of my picks! Anti-jinx trick worked!

Ohhhhh, that lucky horseshoe in my butt still has something left!

Comment

• Mrvolo
          Mrvolo commented
          Editing a comment
          That he did and I Questioned why Meyer did not take 3 to go up 17-0.Keep it going.

Whewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Not pretty but to quote Jimmy V: Survive and Advance! (Jimmy V was a great guy - he was awesome to hang out with, too - all he cared about was making people laugh be it WITH him or AT him).

This came down to 4th and goal from the Cincy 1 late in 1h. Jags make it - GAME OVER! They didn't...............

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Nobody has been through more 'Game over' situations than me with the CINN game being the 4th game I've survived on a final play... All FGs. ARI/BALT/LV/CINN. I thought I had lost them all, but didn't.

I know games aren't over until there are zeros on the clock! 😁

I posted in Adam's chat about wanting a Friday deadline...

If so inclined, please go there and vote YES!!!
        Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 09-30-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• mtheller
          mtheller commented
          Editing a comment
          I see Adam replied that his pool is a dictatorship and not a democracy.

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          I see that. I still urge everyone that agrees with me to vote yes on it anyway.

Thanks Davey for posting your thoughts!

He built the site. Maybe doesn't have a way to have just the Thursday picks show with the others staying hidden like other online sites.

Man those of us who took Cincy last night, like me, all dodged a bullet and were lucky to win but I will take it...on to next week!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Can I get an Amen!

I'm getting used to it with teams I've picked the last two weeks!

I'm sure NO will take it down to the wire for me Sunday. 😳

Dave's (2 pix): SF-GB-DENV-CINC and TB-CLEVE-BUFF-NO

Adam's (3 pix): SF-TB-DENV-GB and CAR-GB-BUF-NO and LAR-CLE-TEN-CIN

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck Steam... I'm with you on NO after that easy CINN win!

GB was on my radar too.
          Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-01-2021, 07:43 PM.

LIZ HURLEY FANTASY SURVIVOR PICK....

I'm blaming Lizzy not speaking with me this week on Compass Rose and HIS damn GI-ants...Pathetic. So pathetic that Lizzy says if I don't win this week for her, she's not getting me anything for my birthday coming up soon...She'll get me the same thing she got me last year, scorn.

W1: SF (W)
        W2: DEN (W)
        W3: NYG (L)
        W4: NO

Love the return of the Aint's to the home of the dome for the first time this season and the place will be rocking. NYG ML Marinez is out...Heart and soul of the D...Kamara will get his run on finally...NYG rank 28th in pass rush win rate, which will make Jameis Winston look like Aaron Rodgers! Well...

It all doesn't really matter as long as there's warm weather, water, sand, and this woman sitting on it...I have some other places I'd like her to sit.

Name:	lizw4.PNG
Views:	82
Size:	714.7 KB
ID:	22370

Comment

Liz looks nice but once again no competition for Jennifer Korbin. Last week I posted her pic and easily won with the Broncos over the J-E-S-T JEST! JEST! JEST! This week I forgot to post her pic with my Bengals pic and as a result I barely won. Next week I will rectify that mistake. This week I give all:

Name:	JK - 04.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	22373

Comment

I read this a few times and did not see her mention: Seahawk Rick. Are things over between the 2 of you or did she not mention you because the 2 of you are keeping this low/quiet so the paparazzi doesn't bother both of you?

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/eliz...164004893.html

Comment

Well, we would had to have been 'on' before it can be over. The quest continues for her to be my next ex-girlfriend.... 😉
              Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-03-2021, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X