Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steviev
    replied
    Its only tax if you lose. TARB you say its inflated yet Georgia has covered every week pretty easily, except once. your not even considering teaser, parlays and money line. So is it really inflated or taxed if they cover this easy every week. Seem like the lines aren't even close to being right. Good luck trying to cash playing against Georgia.

Leave a comment:

• east coast
    replied
    just like the first half on Alabama a weekly gift for a couple years, yet today I seen 1H lines from -11.5 to -13, even though I've had good success playing the Alab side I fell for the +13 today on A&M

Leave a comment:

• rockman in pa
    replied
    Our local barbershop bookie knew who a lot of people would play every week. Cowboys, Eagles, Giants, Steelers were popular.
    You had to mix up your teams or you would pay the "tax".

He had it down to s science that he was the one who was playing middles.

Leave a comment:

• capcondo
    replied
    Last 20 Superbowls, favorites are 6-13 ATS with one pickem game. It happens everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• DaveTuley
    replied
    It's all part of the cat-and-mouse game we've known for years. Good to see ya, winkyduck.

Leave a comment:

• Winkyduck
    replied
    Originally posted by TARB View Post
    Everybody knows that the two best college teams are Alabama and Georgia. They know that the money is going to come in on those teams. So, they inflate the opening lines higher than they should be. Despite that, the bettors usually bet them higher. Maybe, Texas A&M and Auburn plus generous points are the way to go?
    Why not. If people will keep playing them - why not

Books "tax the players" in other ways, too.

Think you are getting the TRUE odds on teams like: Lakers, Dodgers, Cubs, Cowboys..............you get the point...............to win their sport's championship? FFFFFF NO!!!! And why not. If I ran a book and knew the TRUE odds of a team to win it all was, say 25-1, but I knew if I offered 18-1 people would still bet it - damn right I am gonna lower the odds and let the morons bet it

Leave a comment:

• DaveTuley
    replied
    HAHA...I thought this was a post about some ridiculous high takeout rates or something...but you're right that at some point they're going to inflate this teams too far. Still not sure this is the week with Auburn and Texas A&M.

Leave a comment:

• TARB
    started a topic Books taxing the bettors

Books taxing the bettors

Everybody knows that the two best college teams are Alabama and Georgia. They know that the money is going to come in on those teams. So, they inflate the opening lines higher than they should be. Despite that, the bettors usually bet them higher. Maybe, Texas A&M and Auburn plus generous points are the way to go?
Working...
X