Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 6 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

KICKERS ARE PEOPLE TOO...

Between missed FG's and extra points, you could of had a 27-24 game with all the points that didn't materialize. You could have thrown a dart at the Survivorgrid top 10 and had a 90% chance to pick a winner...Unless you're me, and found a way hit LV with the dart. Tried to force them in as their FV isn't much. Got queasy on Friday with all the Gruden news still having a life and thought it could affect the team. Who knows. I move on with TENN winning as predicted in Adam 1&2 and million dollar pool along with the no-sweat MIN win. Another stolen victory for me from DET.

ATL pickers stole one by getting a win out of them and that's a way to help win these things is take a mediocre team and grab a W...GB/CINN deserved to be a tie as nobody wanted to win the game but Crosby found a way to make a FG and the GB magic continues...NE pickers must have been pooping grapes most of the game as HOU came to play and once Tyrod is back, will win a few...LAC and CLEV were in a pinball game that finally was won by MVP candidate Herbert and one of the teams to watch as they have many signature wins in the first 5-weeks...CAR let PHILLY take one from them at home and as I said to Wink in the W5 thread, they are getting a little heathier and will be giving many teams a test as the season goes on...ARI had a tough one with SF but Lance needs some more mileage before he's going to win games like that...Jimmy G back this week most likely...TB harpooned the fish, which was no surprise...Danny dimes looked like me after 9-shots of tequila with him getting the concussion, and DAL wasn't gonna lose that one with him not in the game... Aint's looked good vs WFT, which I'm not sure means anything...PITT grabs one at home vs an average DEN team.

No big upsets as MINN and NE avoid the nuke going off...

I posted this before BALT/INDY played MNF.

TINY TAKES...

[email protected]TB is rolling along but a trip to the city of brotherly love might not be as easy as it looks...Just a feeling.

[email protected]Not sure why it's such a big spread but HOU gets no respect and that almost cost NE a win. INDY is good, but play on a shorter week.

[email protected]Tough to bet against Mr. Mahomes and company, especially after the BUFF loss...Backs are against the wall already in the AFC West.

[email protected]Well, it's all about if Danny Dimes can come back after he looked like a drunken sailor after the hit on the goal line. Barkley went out and also WR Galloway, which to me makes it nearly impossible to beat LAR off a mini-bye. Might not know before Adam's effing Thursday deadline about Jones. I think LAR wins if Jones plays.

GB/CHI...Yes, it's a division game and we saw how that played out in the DET/MINN game even though MINN just had to not effing fumble the damn ball late to seal that win. CHI wins aren't impressive and Rodgers has some tools around him now that have made the pack a feisty foe. If you are looking to stay off a giant favorite, this might be a place to look.

Not a lot of 'easier' picks as bye-weeks are starting. I do think my Seachickens might steal one from the Steelers with them not respecting Geno Smith. They come off the mini-bye and are in desperation mode.

GET PLACEHOLDERS IN YOUR POOLS!!! ADAM 1 & 2 are Thursday deadlines starting this week.

When you post your picks, offer up a little something-something on why...Humor me. It helps us all.
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-11-2021, 06:32 AM.

My first thought was:

Colts (Texans)........and it still might. But I am 100% sure this will easily be the #1 Pick/Week and by a wiiiiiiiiiiiiide margin. Colts do have some FV and in the not-too-distant future, with Week 10 hosting Jags that other opportunity:
    HOU
    @SF
    +6
    TEN
    NYJ
    JAX
    @BUF
    +8
    TB
    +6
    @HOU
    BYE NE
    @ARI
    +7
    LV
    @JAX
    But I need to see how things go on MNF before I even think of taking them. Week 5 against the Pats we all saw a close game coming because Pats off the huge Brady game and suffered a big time letdown. Colts are at Frisco in Week 7 so no real "look ahead" situation to deal with.

IF we pass on the Colts that leaves us looking at:

Bucs (@Iggles) on TNF. Obviously you hate to use TB so early but this is a good spot even though it is a Thursday and a road game.

Dolphins (Jags): This game is in London and starts at 6:30A (PDT - since no other time zone matters): IF Brisket, or whatever his name is, starts I might consider Miami but not so sure I wanna get involved with a road team even though both teams are on the road.

Rams (NY Football Gigantes): With Barkley almost certainly out and Jones dicey at QB and the Rams having 3 extra days off they should easily win. But Rams have a TON of FV and hate to use them here.

Chefs (@ WTF): I am posting this with the Chefs down 24-13 at halftime. Let's say they lose this game (and I think they will) it will make them 2-3 and needing a win. Here is the Chefs sked the rest of the season and while Week 8 against the NY Football Gigantes is that week take away that one and what other weeks would you feel confident to take them? Week 13 hosting my Broncos of 16 hosting the Stillers? But tell me any other week you will feel confident enough to take them in Survivor and it is not that easy to do.
    @WAS
    @TEN
    NYG
    GB
    @LV
    DAL
    BYE DEN
    LV
    @LAC
    PIT
    @CIN
    @DEN
    As I said - Colts look to be the front-runner but also a pick I think well over 50% of the pool will take and I hate being in that situation because we are not too far away from what I call a "Nuclear Bomb" game where the #1 team will go down and blow up the pool. We almooooooooooooooost had it in Week 5 with the Vikings. DO NOT TEMPT FATE PEOPLE

Comment

All good points. I don't like the Mia/Jax game. Not hot on TB on the road on a short week vs a team that's getting a little better as they get healthy.

Like a hungry KC. LAR too. Will try to find some sneaky teams but gotta survive at the same time.
      Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-11-2021, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Set my picks with LAR and KC right now. NYG has injuries and Toney will most likely be suspended for the punch he threw. KC doesn't lose back to back games (except earlier this season), so chances they do it again are slim.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Agree on both and are place holders right now with LAR in the single entry pools and both in Adam 2. Will hunt around for other possibilities, but these are strong contenders.

Right now LAR in Adam1 and KC in Adam 2 and both in my small pools.

Comment

Gruden gone...Urban stays...For now.

Comment

Colts.............NO CHANCE I WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEM NOW!!!

You CHOKE away a game like they just did in Week 5 - takes a long time to recover from it. Let others take them............NOT ME!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              Kicking chaos reigns!

• Aztec10
              Aztec10 commented
              Editing a comment
              Coach Reich played Marty ball on the drive that ended in the blocked field goal. They were shredding the ravens D, than they decided at the raven 25 yard line it was time to settle for a field goal, with a kicker who has a bad hip, with the predictable result. There are literally only 3 coaches in this league that play to win. John Harbaugh leads the way followed closely by the new chargers coach staley, and browns coach stefanski. Think Coach Reid has figured things out over past couple of season's as well. The rest of them you can have. Pinning an outcome on a 45+ yard kick is madness, yet the accepted norm. After so many losses in situations like the colts faced last night I just wonder what the hell do they have to lose? Baffles me every week.

First selection % and Rams have 43%,Colts 17% and then under 10%.Do we want to be on LAR?

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              I really liked what I saw out of INDY vs BALT even though they gave it up in the end because of a kicker. They play hard and hit hard. Wentz looks pretty good. Wink thinks they might be flat after the loss, but that is the part you need to figure out.

I do like KC off the loss to a great BUFF team.

I like LAR a lot, especially if Jones is still seeing stars but the Thursday deadline gets in the way of that determination.

• Mrvolo
              Mrvolo commented
              Editing a comment
              Right now sold on KC and May move them to Adam 1 and wait on Rams or Colts in 2.

SURVIVORGRID.COM SUMMARY...

MIA cracks the 1% or better group this week...People think they'll steal a win vs the Seachickens. Not so fast my friend!!!! LAR/INDY/KC rightfully in the top 3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gridw6.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	22687

Comment

SURVIVORGRID FUTURE VALUE....

The top four above all have plenty of FV left and no other teams with little FV left are playing this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fvw6.PNG
Views:	147
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	22689

Comment

So I'm realizing that I should be down to one pick, in both pools, and sooner or later things will even out and I will get booted on a week I feel I made a great pick!!

Well so be it-- this week I am looking at Pitts-- because Geno( Don't I look good? Now watch me throw an INT) Smith stinks and has forever-- Both with Gmen and Jets--
                And also KC or Tampa-- I 'm not feeling it for Colts or Rams-so I'll zag zig and see what occurs

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                  Seahawk Rick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've been so lucky with picks that won instead of lost on the last play that I think I'm down 5-picks already on next year's contests!

I haven't seen Pittsburgh mentioned. I think it's worth consideration with Wilson being out and looking at Pitt's remaining matchups. Thoughts?

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                  Seahawk Rick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Compass didn't mention the talent level of those Jets/Giants teams sucked!! LOL!

• Compass rose
                  Compass rose commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes!
                  The talent level sucked because, well, the QB sucked!
                  Btw, did he or didn't he throw an INT last week?
                  SMITH--QB RATING 78PCT, 10 FOR 17- 1 TD 1 INT
                  I may eat my words- he may become the second coming of Montana- but I don't think so---

• Seahawk Rick
                  Seahawk Rick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's chicken and the egg stuff. If you have crap WRs and o-line, then tough to play QB. Patrick Machines threw an int last week, what's your point? Lol

I think Geno can become the next Akili Smith! 😁

ESPN says NYG QB Jones on track to play vs Rams. I still don't think it matters with Barkley out and a WR that got hurt too.

Comment

Tough week this week. all of the best teams are either playing each other, or on the road. Green Bay is scary with all of the injuries on defense and playing a division rival. Placeholders for now are Indy and LAR. I slipped through last week with Minny after watching them blow the game at the end. Wow!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                    Seahawk Rick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Agree, I've tempted the division games this season but are dangerous. I'll have one of the top dogs in the mix and maybe a 2nd. Need to see if there is an under the radar team to take, but sometimes you just gotta go with teams that have shown they don't suck for the most part!

After some more reading and stat crunching, I'm going BUFF in Adam 1 and BUFF & DAL in Adam 2 --- DAL in million dollar pool as I can get off them if Covid takes down key players before Sunday.

Keeps me off the biggest faves but still on good teams that are on the road, but good teams win on the road. Not on a division game at least!

BUFF has a defense this year and won't give up 6-TDs like they did vs TENN last year. After losing to NYJ and not crushing JAX, they are proving to be average right now. Henry is still a monster but BUFF might stack the box and make Tanehill beat them but he's been sacked 20-times already and not getting better. I'll take a top 5 offense with a good running QB and possibly the best defense in this one.

DAL is going up against a top-5 D in NE but are a bottom-5 offense and NE takes on a stout offense in DAL. Jones is coming along as a QB but you can't expect him to win a shootout. NE is -3 in TO's and aren't strong vs the run where Zeke should do some damage. NE sucks in the redzone and should be the difference to keep the Cowboy show rolling.
                  Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 10-13-2021, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X