2021 NFL P.O.W. Contest Week 8 (Oct 28 - Nov 1) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POW 1-5-1 Patriots +6 basically everywhere out there
    The Pats are now facing a three game road trip where they should beat Carl next week and lose to Clev the following week, so this is the toss up game on the trip to come out 2-1. , Now the Patriots destroyed the Chargers last year a simple coaching overmatch and Bellichick scheming for a rookie QB, Herbert a year older and wiser and the game plan will be better but I think the Pats Defense will still cause him problems and Mc Daniels will keep adding things for Mac jones to do to up his game more, plus I think the Pat's can run against that defense

Comment

4-3
      Steelers +3 1/2 Circa
      Mayfield still banged up and Steeler catch a reeling Browns team at home. Wrong team favored here.

Comment

Tons of people jumping in early this week.....I like it...makes for easier record keeping on my end, lol.

Comment

• JIMMYJAM4508
          JIMMYJAM4508 commented
          Editing a comment
          yes! i love it too- Suprising not Tarb- Hes usually first to post- Hope all is well with him.........

NFL POW 4-3

Packers + 7 Westgate

Aaron Rodgers getting 7 points- I cant believe this, Free Money this week. I get the Great Davante may not play( Arod is 6-0 when DA is missing anyway). Just forget about everything here- Aaron Jones and the running game will take over this one and Arod will find his TE and make some unknown reciever have a game. Zona looks great but I do think a loss will help them and reality sets in. I think the Packers win this one outright and get a Tuley Cover- Take the Pack all day

Comment

POW 4-3
          New Orleans +6 Circa
          I'm taking New Orleans again after last week on MNF?
          Better call Nurse Ratched
          Something's wrong !

Here is why I'm trusting James "Winston tastes good like a cigarette should"
          Again!
          Tampa Bay has not covered on the road at all this season.
          And any time they have an ATS win, the next week they lose.
          New Orleans has covered both times this season as a dog.
          New England and Green Bay.
          Winston is 18-10-1 as a dog of greater than 3 points.
          And it's his former team.
          Maybe that will give him motivation to cover!

Comment

Originally posted by JIMMYJAM4508 View Post
            NFL POW 4-3

Packers + 7 Westgate

Aaron Rodgers getting 7 points- I cant believe this, Free Money this week. I get the Great Davante may not play( Arod is 6-0 when DA is missing anyway). Just forget about everything here- Aaron Jones and the running game will take over this one and Arod will find his TE and make some unknown reciever have a game. Zona looks great but I do think a loss will help them and reality sets in. I think the Packers win this one outright and get a Tuley Cover- Take the Pack all day
            Is there another westgate that posted a 7 because I didn't see one on the vegasinsider

Comment

Originally posted by steviev View Post

Is there another westgate that posted a 7 because I didn't see one on the vegasinsider
              THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2021
              1 CARDINALS* 5:20 PM 2 PACKERS +7
              I got this from the Supercontest lines---- How come your not questioning the guy in here who took Tenn + 2.5? Nowhere has that line ever been close..........

Comment

• Mrvolo
                Mrvolo commented
                Editing a comment
                I saw Tenn +2.5 and agree but also Arizona at all excepted outlets in this contest is not 7.Since we are only playing for our egos I see it as no big deal.As stated many times maybe next year we change rules and one suggestion we post lines on Tuesday and everybody gets same line all week.
                I think of two games,one is a winner and the other a loser,your pick.GL

• Buckeyefan80
                Buckeyefan80 commented
                Editing a comment
                The rules state what books the lines can come from and while westgate is an option, the supercontest lines are not. Those lines can become stale and never in real time. Not that it mattered with this play, but it could very well change a win to loss or push or vice versa.
                As for changing the rules to have to wait til Tuesday, I am not a fan. This is supposed to be a play of the week. I can put down on lines for next week right now if I wanted to. That’s the beauty of being able to bet when you want. Granted VI doesn’t offer next week’s lines, but being able to get bets in early usually will help someone win more long term. Lucky for me this week that was not the case since I lost on out on 3 points by taking GB early, even tho it didn’t matter…this time. If I had to wait until Tuesday I would’ve had a better line, but I still don’t like the idea.
                Last edited by Buckeyefan80; 10-29-2021, 06:42 AM.

NFL P.O.W. (6-1-0)

GB/AZ UNDER 50 1/2 (CIRCA)

With the plethora of injuries to the Pack, and Aaron not so hot as a dog these past years-I'll try another total this week. I know I missed the better number but hopefully this will stay under here in the desert.

Comment

Originally posted by JIMMYJAM4508 View Post

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 28, 2021
                1 CARDINALS* 5:20 PM 2 PACKERS +7
                I got this from the Supercontest lines---- How come your not questioning the guy in here who took Tenn + 2.5? Nowhere has that line ever been close..........
                Thought we were using lines from vegasinsider. You are correct about the Tenn 2.5 but as MR. V stated I saw the 2.5 be that it was an opening line and lasted about 5 min..

Comment

POW 2-5

CHARGERS -5. (South Point)

Patriots coming off blowout win and Chargers off blowout loss prior to their bye week. Plus, Chargers humiliated by Pats last year 45-0. LAC looking to do some damage. Pats only wins are against Jets (twice) and Houston. This isn’t Anthony Lynn vs Belicheck anymore.

Comment

POW3-4
                    it was so easy first 4 weeks then boom back to reality.
                    Going to take the SEAHAWKS but I’m still shopping for a line of -3 as it’s a key#. If I don’t get it I’ll take 3i/2 .I’ll indicate the final line by commenting on this post. In the meantime here’s my reason.
                    For some reason or other Pete Carrol does extremely well before the bye week as reported by S Mankinen in PSW

From PSW
                    Seattle is on a 10-game SU pre-bye winning streak while going 8-2 ATS. • The Seahawks have won four of those 10 straight games against AFC foes, outscoring them 27.0-11.8 on average.

True he doesn’t have Russel Wilson but he is entertaining Jax and coulda beat NO with a better kicker? If he did have Wilson the line would be north of 7 maybe even 10. As long as Gino doesn’t give it away, Sea will cover 3&1/2 but no sense settling for that if one can get 3 closer to game time.
                    "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
                    “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

• gcotton
                      gcotton commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Barry, my records are showing you at 4-3 this year. Are you sure you are 3-4? Unless you say otherwise, I'll keep it at what my records show.

• Barryt
                      Barryt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Typo yes 4-3
                      Have to go with Sea -3.5 @wynn

5-2

Chargers -4 ..... Circa

My interest in this contest is starting to wane. I do not have any really worthwhile plays in the NFL this week. I will go with the Chargers because I have a futures play on LAC to win the Super Bowl and I have a play on NE under 9 wins at plus money. So, do not bet the Chargers on my account.

Comment

• florabamaboy
                      florabamaboy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I sure hope you keep picking TARB. I have tailed you for several years now and you have a sharp eye for best lines when they come out. I have benefited greatly from your take on games. Thank you and keep on picking winners!

POW 2-5
                    Cardinals -6 TI
                    Why is the line so high on this game? When is the last time you’ve seen Aaron Rodgers getting 6 points? This is a 6-0 team facing a 5-1 team and they’re still favored by nearly a touchdown? This line is trending upward so I’m locking in 6 and hoping the line makers know something that I don’t.

Comment

NFL POW 2-5 Green bay +6.5(caesars)

Arizona was given a hefty six-and a half point spread, respect after covering a 20.5-point mark against Houston the week before. I think that's too large against a veteran Packers team hungry to prove themselves. They know what's at stake in earning home-field advantage, enjoying that week off last year under the NFL's new expanded playoff system. It's also important to note that J.J. Watt has already been ruled out because of a shoulder injury (and it's been reported he could need season-ending surgery) and DeAndre Hopkins (hamstring) also is on the injury report. Watt's loss is significant while a less-than-100 percent Hopkins would balance the scales with an Adam-less Packers team.
                      GL.

Comment

P.O.W. 1 - 6
                        Steelers +3.5 Browns CIRCA

Things are getting so bad I entered the wrong pick last week which I didn't realized until today. So here is the right pick this week in this dismal season. Browns are gritty but beat up as hell. Steelers, being the Steelers are hanging in there with Rothlisberger. Claypool has break out week to upset the Brownies in their own Dog Pound.

Comment

Working...
                        X