No announcement yet.

Week 9 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the same as mtheller, maybe we should just pick the winner every Thursday night! Have a couple buddies that are on Dallas so I can't really root against them this weekend, to their face at least LMEAO.

Comment

Originally posted by Compass rose View Post
      Rick thanks for Taylor update--
      You used Balt yet? thinking them now--
      I was going to use Miami this week. Now that Tyrod is playing for Houston - I just can't do it.

I am IN on Dallass as Pick #1 this week.
      Looking at Ravens for #2. Here is their sked for the rest of the season. I am not looking at too many great chances to take them after this week: Miami - funny things happen down there in the heat. Don't trust them in Chicago. No way I want them during this stretch: CLE-PIT-CLE-GB-RAMS. That leaves Week 8 hosting the Stillers and who knows what that game might (or might not) mean to the Ravens. I know it will not be easy but Harbaugh off a BYE is something that is appealing although the Vikings tend to play very close games.
      BAL MIN
      @MIA
      @CHI
      CLE
      @PIT
      @CLE
      +0.5
      GB
      @CIN
      LAR
      PIT

Comment

LIZ HURLEY FANTASY SURVIVOR PICK....

Oh, how a win gets me back in Lizzie's good graces...That and washing all of her cars for her as she stares out the window at me laughing her head off thinking I'm going to get somewhere with her by doing it...Damn!

W1: SF (W)
        W2: DEN (W)
        W3: NYG (L)
        W4: NO (L)
        W5: TENN (W)
        W6: INDY (W)
        W7: CAR (L)
        W8: SEA (W)
        W9: BALT

Legs up and a smile...Makes me weak.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lizw9.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	23442

Comment

As of this moment, I'm on PITT, one of my jinx teams. I mapped out the rest of the season as I gotta keep as many good bullets as possible for the double picks in Week 12 if I happen to get that far. Fields throws his share of picks and CHI can't get the engine started. PITT is no great shakes, but at home, they have a decent chance as the D shows signs of life and keeping CLEV down was a good showing. I like NO too, but have them slotted during the double picks when they might have adjusted to their new QB situation better. It's possible I change, but for now, Steel is the word.

Get me a clothes pin, I'm gonna need it Monday night.

Comment

Like Liz pick- went Balt and NO in two-- Good luck to all-

Comment

Jennifer Korbin's Survivor PICKS!

Week 1 Carolina
              Week 2 Pittsburgh
              Week 3 Denver
              Week 4 Cincy
              Week 5 Minnesota
              Week 6 Colts
              Week 7 N England
              Week 8 KC
              You read that right..............PICKS! This week my pool is requiring us to make TWO picks. I was happy to hear that because it means Jenn and I have to do it TWICE in the same day - something many others would like to do. Jenn is also gonna be happy for another reason.

Pick #1: Dallass Cowgirls. Jenn is from Texass. She is a HUGE Cowgirls and U of Texass fan. She likes Cowboys and also Cowgirl, too. She also likes "Hook 'em Horny" I mean "Hook 'em Horns." This shows why these kind of things SUCK! I am a lonnnnng time Broncos fan and that means I need to root for my team to lose. The Cowgirls are due for a clinker but even one here should still be enough to win. This pic is one Jenn took just before heading to SoFi to see her team play/beat the San Diego Chargers. "How 'bout dem Cowboys!"

Pick #2: Baltimore. This was all set to be Miami. I really want it to be Miami but I also want to advance and I think the Ravens present a much better chance to do so. Off a BYE meaning well-rested and Harbaugh off a BYE is great. Ravens can run - Vikings can't stop the run. I do think this will be like most Minny games - coming down to the wire and a dicey finish. I posted the Ravens schedule above and if you look at it there is not a lot of FV after this week. Next week in Miami - where funny things always seem to happen and then at Da Bears, which should be a 17-14 kind of game. After that the sked is: Cle-Pitt-Cle-GB-Cincy-Rams-Pitt. Not sure I want them in any of these games. Hopefully changing my mind doesn't cost me. By passing on Miami here it opens up using them Week 15 (Hosting J-E-S-T JEST! JEST! JEST!) or not at all - most likely the latter. My only hesitancy in this pick is Liz also likes it and Liz's record of late has been as questionable as the men she hooks up with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	JK - 09.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	23461

Comment

I have an awful feeling about today - Cowgirls or Ravens are gonna lose!

Dallass down 6-0 after 1 but should be waaaay up.

Miami winning which was gonna be my play until I changed to the Ravens who are down 7-3 and soon 10-3 or 14-3

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                  Seahawk Rick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good anti-jinx move...

For all who thought we had CARNAGE last week. WOW!

Bills
                Saints
                Cowgirls

..................Ravens in OT as I write this.

WOW!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                  Seahawk Rick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That DAL game was just a case of taking DEN lightly you have to think cuz that was just a beat down. At least BALT saved the day. I'm down to one bullet myself. It's all you need to find some dough come January!

• Winkyduck
                  Winkyduck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  SR: I wonder how much was RUST from Dak and how much was overlooking Denver. I knew I was in trouble when Coach DumbFuck went for it first 2 possessions and failed to make either one

• Seahawk Rick
                  Seahawk Rick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hard to say... Dak only missed a week. DEN just wanted it more and gained mo as they went along. Head scratcher for sure. BALT had a hell of a comeback.

Down to 1 pick in Adam 2.GL to all still moving to next week and our friend SeaHRick on his Monday game.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                  Seahawk Rick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep it rolling in Adam 2 Volo...Good dough to be had in that one.

Not huge confidence in PITT but as you know, the double picks round is where you need to have good teams left so it forces you to take some chances.

Originally posted by Winkyduck View Post

I was going to use Miami this week. Now that Tyrod is playing for Houston - I just can't do it.

I am IN on Dallass as Pick #1 this week.
                Looking at Ravens for #2. Here is their sked for the rest of the season. I am not looking at too many great chances to take them after this week: Miami - funny things happen down there in the heat. Don't trust them in Chicago. No way I want them during this stretch: CLE-PIT-CLE-GB-RAMS. That leaves Week 8 hosting the Stillers and who knows what that game might (or might not) mean to the Ravens. I know it will not be easy but Harbaugh off a BYE is something that is appealing although the Vikings tend to play very close games.

As expected NAILED IT. Miami was a "trap" game

Comment

Working...
                X