Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 10 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

CSI SURVIVOR...

Smoke 'em if you got 'em! The upset train got out of the station last week, but this week it was a bullet train that broke the sound barrier as the tracks were greased with blood! WOW!

From DEN showing the Cowgirls who's their Daddy...To BUFF thinking they were going on a nice Florida vacation that turned into the highway to hell...To ATL getting into the act and showed their divisional brothers, the AINTs that anyone can win on any Sunday...It was a grab the opioid and JD shake type of day for many.

Mtheller alluded to the fact a bunch of the people that still had a bunch of picks left got a little too comfortable with the upset drought giving them a false sense of security that turned into a trap door exit! I know a guy that warns against being on the same team with multiple picks. 😁

Chasing the big favorites every week will give you many wins, until they don't. Sorry to those that went down in what will probably be the bloodiest Sundays this season. Somewhere around 50% went down.

Now what? Makes ya gun-shy to go on a bigger favorite but you gotta trust your gut and hope you don't pick a team that thinks they can put it on cruise control against one of the sisters of the poor and have a big cup of take that mother-effer in return. This week will probably not have big upsets just to balance it all out. The Survivor God's work in mysterious ways.

If you got any teams left, good job...You only need one to get to the money!!

TINY TAKES

[email protected]After the HUGE MIA win over HOU (JK), A BALT team with much more talent than them comes to town and needs to right the ship and beat a team down to prove they are who they think they are. Hopefully they aren't taking them lightly, as we saw Sunday what can happen.

[email protected]Ummm...JAX caught BUFF in cocky mode, but INDY will pay attention and turn JAX back into a pumpkin as the clock is gonna strike midnight Sunday for the Florida kitties.

[email protected]One would think DAL will come out firing after the Broncies beat them like a red-headed stepchild. ATL showed some guts to beat NO on the road. NO without crablegs at QB, but still a solid effort and they now have a little swagger and are in the WC hunt.

[email protected]Well, BUFF got a little surprise from JAX and you know they'll not take NYJ lightly. What NYJ team will show up, the giant killer, or the door mat?

[email protected]Yes, a roadie, but off the bye playing a team that has pretty much said bye-bye to the playoffs, I'll put one of Volo's many dollars on the Tommy and the pirates.

[email protected]PITT is still playing as I write this but DET off the bye isn't much to worry about, especially going to the ketchup castle to play Ben the rapist and the boys that are in the playoff/division hunt.

[email protected]ARI will have to fall asleep to lose this one even without Kyler playing...They are the better team, and Sam Darnold is, well, Sam Darnold.

[email protected]Well, the guy that wears the foil helmet will probably play vs the Seachickens, BUT, that isn't 100% certain. SEA never effing wins back there and if the Covid Kid plays, I don't hold a lot of hope out for them. You can't afford to take GB with a Thursday deadline but maybe people with Sunday deadlines can go with GB if you want to.

As always, GET PICKS IN YOUR SYSTEM as placeholders. NOW!
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 11-10-2021, 06:06 AM.

Might have to take a roll call to see how many people are still alive in their Survivor pools after Sunday's carnage!!!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      50 percent out in most pools but most everyone has at least one entry left in a pool

No such thing as a lock!

Originally posted by DaveTuley View Post
    Might have to take a roll call to see how many people are still alive in their Survivor pools after Sunday's carnage!!!
    I'm DONE in mine. Shoulda realized Mike McCarthy was incapable of outcoaching Vic Fangio! When Dallass went for it their first 2 possessions on 4th down deep in Denver territory and failed to make it I kinda knew I was DONE!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      He lost the NFC Championship here by not going for it early in the game when he had some 4th & 1s. Other weird plays but he might be trying to be a gambler now but you gotta be more creative in the short yardage stuff.

We will have either 25 or 33 left after this week depending on whether or not Pittsburgh wins tonight (8-people on Pitt). I have Baltimore in as my place holder, even though it is a road game. They do not have any better options to use them at home (CLE, GB, LAR, and Pitt), so this is probably the best spot to use them in.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't have my map with me at work but think I have BALT slotted for this week too.

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course Pitt needs to win first!!!

In Adam 2 have Baltimore as my place holder and could use Arizona but will probably save them for week 15.More latter

Comment

I am out. My worst NFL season ever. I bought 3 DK entries and two lost on the Bengals against the Jets last week and the last one lost this week.

I had selected Miami vs. Houston but when Tua got ruled out, I switched to Dallas...

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        Ouch.... Sorry to hear that. A few were liking Miami but the Tyrod news kept me from taking Mia.

I was looking at NO and Pitt so we'll see if I'm all the way too. Hate being on Ben the rapist...

Still amazes me the amount of multiple entries that went out in Adam1 because they had all of their entries on DAL or all of their entries on BUFF

Comment

Dog player but passing on tonight’s game and rooting for my friend Rick to move on.GL tonight.

Comment

Thanks Volo! You could have taken CHI and PITT could have still won but not covered! Halftime as I write this...

Comment

Just another easy night in Survivorville...OMG

CHI and PITT are both jinx teams and a tie would have been appropriate.

PITT didn't deserve to win the game and got the kind of calls they got when they beat SEA in the Super Bowl.

On to Week 10 and I'm not looking back!

Come on INDY! Throwing BALT into the Week 18 slot along with MINN as I think both will be playing for something still, and if I somehow got that far, there would have already been a good chop because the million dollar attrition rate starting with the double picks is fast and furious.

Who cares, I'm still alive! LOL!!!!! 9-lives. I think I've used almost all of them.

Comment

Million Dollar Pool Update...53% went out Sunday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	23563

​​​​​​​

Comment

The Cleveland Browns backfield will be questionable for Sunday's game against the New England Patriots.

Browns running backs Nick Chubb and Demetric Felton tested positive for COVID-19, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Tuesday.

Both backs are vaccinated, so they aren't immediately ruled out for Week 10. Each player would need two negative tests 24 hours apart to play.

Comment

Got Pitt in as a placeholder for now. Looks there are some folks starting up the messages to buy an entry on Adam message boards. Not sure what it would take? The value without potential winnings factored in is 825.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                  Seahawk Rick commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, saw that, seems to happen every year. One guy had a lot of good teams left but that doesn't mean you'll cash in as we saw last Sunday.

I know what you mean. The Bills future value for later weeks is the only reason I got off of "the lock" in favor of the Colts last week.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	gridw10.jpg Views:	1 Size:	15.5 KB ID:	23592
                  Survivorgrid

Comment

Working...
                  X