Tampa bay downs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa bay downs

Begins on Wednesday. Looks very challenging. Any thoughts most welcomed. GLTA

Not sure if you follow or not, but my nephew is taking his tack to Fairgrounds this winter. Has normally rode at Oaklawn, but one of his trainers he hooked up with in Chicago this summer, Wayne Catalano, wanted him to try out New Orleans, so he is. Name is Jareth Loveberry. Has a bunch of mounts on Opening Day Thursday and all weekend. Good luck!

Comment

• capcondo
      capcondo commented
      Editing a comment
      I followed him a bit at Arlington and Hawthorne this year and Oaklawn last year. He was very successful in Chicago. It was tougher at Oaklawn. He ran 2nd and 3rd a lot at Oaklawn. It's a very tough jockey colony at OP. Going to Fairgrounds may be a good fit for him. He'll get better mounts and may have the opportunity to ride at Oaklawn with a horse he's on at FG shipping to OP

He's very tall for a jockey. I imagine keeping his weight down will be a problem as he ages.

I'll be watching for him.

• Mrvolo
      Mrvolo commented
      Editing a comment
      Very live trainer and one who is on my list who has a good Vet.Always wins a few races with horses that improve greatly.Your Nephew should do well and wish him all the best,will follow.I think he rode at Gulfstream a few years ago and I was there.

Originally posted by gcotton View Post
    Not sure if you follow or not, but my nephew is taking his tack to Fairgrounds this winter. Has normally rode at Oaklawn, but one of his trainers he hooked up with in Chicago this summer, Wayne Catalano, wanted him to try out New Orleans, so he is. Name is Jareth Loveberry. Has a bunch of mounts on Opening Day Thursday and all weekend. Good luck!
    I seem to recall a Loveberry @ Turf Paradise(AZ),,,,could be wrong though..... glta

Comment

Working...
    X