John Madden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Madden

When I think of him, I think of how crappy most of the other broadcasters are now

Originally posted by Senator L View Post
    When I think of him, I think of how crappy most of the other broadcasters are now

You are so right.

Comment

I usually have games on with no sound (or watching multiple games at Westgate or other sports books with just sound on one game, so can usually tune it out).

But I actually enjoyed Madden (of course, I though Dennis Miller was a breath of fresh air on MNF while a lot of people don't agree with me). But I don't expect any current announcers to entertain as much as Madden did....just get the fact straight and don't ruin the broadcast. So many say the stupidest stuff that the rare times I do have the sound on, I end up turning it down.

It's amazing all that Madden did...great coach...great announcer...pitchman...video game developer and shoulda been a director or executive producer with all the stories coming out about his suggestions for use of graphics (remember when networks would rally show the score and time clock on the screen for long stretches?) and the first-down line.

RIP Coach

Comment

Working...
      X