Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 18 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

THE END IS NEAR...AND THERE'S FEAR...

Well, that was one of the quietest weekends of the season in Survivor World. Calm before the storm? TB took it down to the wire vs the JETS, then the JETS remembered who they are and give up a late TD to give Tommy Boy a win. Hardly anyone was on them as only idiots like me keep the Super Bowl Champs on the shelf all season! LOL!

So now the pucker factor ratchets up big time as those of us in a pool that ends no matter what come this Sunday night, there is no room for error and in the big pool I'm in, it's DOUBLE PICK madness! Have BUFF to use and then there's TB...What to do with those guys. They have a path to the #2 seed with an LAR loss, so Brucey Boy Arians said Monday they'll play hard to get the win this week. How hard Bruce? Kind of hard, or really hard. Kind of matters...Can you beat CAR resting guys, possible, but would rather have TB 12 in there directing traffic. With AB gone, maybe they can focus a little more. Have time to ponder.

SirJohnDaly moves on too...3-left in Adam 2 and haven't heard about any chopping. In Adam's pools, half the pot gets split W18 and then the rest gets played for in the playoffs. Adam 1 is still at 6, and I don't think there has been a chop. A lot of playing with fire in both pools.

Hoya, you still alive? Chime in if you can and update us.

You have one bullet to fire, make it count, make sure the team you're on has something to play for if possible. Several teams will play for pride, and want to knock off a playoff bound team so danger lurks...

Saturday games this week, and no Monday game.

As Matt Damon says...Fortune Favors the Brave....A Zag could bring you riches....

TINY TAKES...

[email protected]
    Most don't have DAL to use, but going on the road to a place where the team has something going on will be a test for Da Boys. PHILLY is getting a little better each week and had a nice comeback vs WFT. I'd be leery.

[email protected]KC has a slim chance at #1 seed and they will want to play hard vs DEN. HOU needs to beat TENN to get the Chefs in, but stranger things have happened...Losing to CINN last week was not a good move, but they ain't dead yet!

[email protected]I thought MIA was a paper tiger/fish last week, and TENN showed they were. I think NE does the same thing and beats them even though there has been a lot of close games in MIA and NE. We'll see...

[email protected]Colts are win and their in for the playoffs. Nuff said vs the Jaggy Jags.

[email protected]Did the near miss vs TB take the will out of the JETS? Hope so, as I'll be on BUFF as they have something to play for and a win gives them the AFC East. That motivation.

[email protected]Arian's says they'll play for the #2 seed. The opening line was 16 and got cut in half when people thought they would rest the starters they could...The line hasn't gone back up, but still at -8 so that's a slap in the face of CAR. I hope TB plays...Need to monitor up until kickoff. I'll probably hold my nose even if they rest guys. Sam Darnold...Nuff said.

[email protected]TENN looked like a playoff team vs MIA, and get another sad sack this Sunday at HOU. HOU as pulled a few rabbits out of a helmet, but I'd love to see them knock off the mighty Titans. A boy can dream...

[email protected]A lot of weird things happen in this stadium, and SEA will come to win as their DET win pumped them up and they'd love to eff up ARI's seeding. I'll be there enjoying every ray of sunshine I can get! Might just watch in the parking lot to get a sun burn!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 01-04-2022, 10:41 PM.

For those in Circa Survivor who have Tampa Bay left they lost a lot of appeal for a Week 18 pick with the Dallas lost.

KC REALLY lost a lot of appeal because they know they are not gonna be the #1 seed.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      If the Rams lose, and TB wins, they become the #2 seed. Have to wait and see if Arian's will say how they'll play it this week and if there is a tell with who takes most of the snaps in practice.

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      KC has a shot at #1, even though it's slim as TENN needs to lose to HOU...But as we've all found out this year, there is NO such thing as a LOCK!

Right now GB has No.1 seed locked up but #2 in NFC up for grabs and a lot undecided in AFC.Go get them Rick.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      The odds on TB fell off a cliff indicating TB will rest some of the starters including Brady. Need to figure out how to hedge it all on the ML for both the Jets and Panthers.

Well made it through last week. Short on options this week as I don’t have any of the big favorites available. Looking at chargers, saints or wft. Just trying to get to the playoffs then all picks reset!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      Who do the others have left of note?

Saturday pick deadline again? Watch Covid news of course...

Look at the level of play of who your pick is playing. I'd say NYG is the worst of the three games you've listed.
      Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 01-04-2022, 08:10 AM.

Originally posted by Sirjohndaly View Post
    Well made it through last week. Short on options this week as I don’t have any of the big favorites available. Looking at chargers, saints or wft. Just trying to get to the playoffs then all picks reset!
    WTF merits a strong look knowing who the Giants are playing at QB

Comment

Yes the wft d line should kill Fromm. Rivalry Scares me and neither team has anything to play.

Comment

• mtheller
        mtheller commented
        Editing a comment
        NYG has more to lose by winning the game. Right now, with a lose, they will have 2 Top 8 draft picks this year.

Originally posted by Sirjohndaly View Post
      Yes the wft d line should kill Fromm. Rivalry Scares me and neither team has anything to play.
      Agree on it being scary. And I am no longer in it myself so it is easy for me to say play WTF. But right about now some people still in one are not looking at a lot of sexy picks.

WTF looks more like a: "2 at 10 becomes a 10 at 2" pick. That woman at the bar who is a 2/10 at 10P suddenly becomes a 10/10 at 2A when your option is: Go home with her or go home alone

Comment

Lol. Gotta hit some singles before you swing for the fences

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          What are the best options for your two competitors?

They both have Tennessee left so I’m assuming that’s their play

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Yep, that's their play. You are forced to zag, but could get you the whole pot if HOU pulls the upset!

13 in my pool have TENN. We'll be HUGE Texans fans Sunday!

Remain alive in 2 of the 3 I entered. Have Tennessee available in both. Have TB available in one but
        wondering if starters play whole game ? Third best option might be WFT more a pick against NYG rather than pro WFT. Likely choose between 2 Tennessee or 1 Tennessee 1 Tampa. Plan on hedging prob 25-30 percent of the “value” of the picks I think.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          I think they are all solid choices and we'll see how TB plays it later in the week as interviews and Arian's talk about playing hard. If you have a Sunday deadline, that will help to be able to hear everything on the topic.

We'll see if any steam came out of WFT's engine with being out of the playoffs now. I'll be a HUGE Giants fan this Sunday! Hear that Compass?!?!

I need to look at hedging options...Gonna probably partner with another entry who has strong teams and split winnings in case one of our entries goes 2-0 and the other goes 1-1. We've done one chop, and another one will probably happen before the weekend.

SURVOVORGRID.COM...

Week 1 pools are down to the nitty-gritty as far as what good teams are still available to use. This grid shows it as it's based off pools that started Week 1. Some people have burned so many good teams that they are going on NYG---ATL---GB---DEN---SEA...Not that they can't win, but would have a knot in my stomach going to battle with them. 21-different teams with 1% or better.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gridw18.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	24954

Comment

• mtheller
          mtheller commented
          Editing a comment
          Good news is, 16-teams will win this weekend (unless we get one of those stupid kiss your sister ties). Hopefully in the first 17 weeks, people haven't used the 16 winners this week.

Going to battle with BUFF and a banged up TB.

We've done one chop and one more possible before Sunday.

Will hedge with bets on CAR and NYJ to let me walk away with some dough if there is an upset of one or both.

There will definitely be entries that go 2-0 as some of the 13 with TENN will partner with someone else with TENN, then play both sides of the same game as their 2nd pick. Should drive winning entries down into single digits hopefully.

Smoke 'em if you got 'em. Sunday afternoon will be one for the ages...

Comment

• mtheller
          mtheller commented
          Editing a comment
          But they will all lose when Houston pulls the upset!!! "Houston, we have a problem!"

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Loves me some Texans and Giants!! Even Pitt! Throw in some Falcons for good measure... 😁

Seahawk - Make sure you call in sick to work tomorrow so you can ponder your picks and dream about what Liz will do with you when you are a millionaire!!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol!!! I'll be on a jet to London Sunday night if I won it all!

I think I am more excited then Rick.How good is Tenn,they beat a average Miami team and May think they are SB champs.Houston gets a lucky break and those not on Titans split the pot,GL my man,you could make the cover of Vsin next week.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Volo!!! 2-0 is all I want with the rest being gravy on my mashed potatoes!!!!

At end of day I decided to go with Tampa in one pool and Tennessee in the other. My 2 picks have a “value” of approximately 45k so will be heading to recoup maybe 1/4 of that. Even though hedging less costly with Houston plus 420 Carolina plus 320 what pushed me to split the picks is the 1pm game versus 4pm. Over 1/2 of people on Tennessee in both pools so if Tennessee loses at 1 at least I get my hedging dollars and the “value” of my Tampa pick will more than double and I can then decide at 4 how much to hedge Tampa.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          A man with a plan!!! Good luck!

My BUFF and TB games are in the afternoon so I'll need to medicate heavily as I'll be at the Seachickens game in AZ.

I expect a number of others will have gone 2-0 in the morning and will know what's at stake by kickoff.

13 out if 20 on TENN with a few teaming up most likely to cover both sides of a 2nd game.

A day it will be...
          Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 01-06-2022, 01:46 PM.
      Working...
      X