Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 NFL P.O.W. Playoffs (Post Wild-Card Plays Here or follow the contenders!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL POW 11 points

Tampa -8 (5 units)

This is a lot of points to give on a wildcard weekend where dogs have been barking the past few years but this is a terrible match up for Philly. Their regular season wins are not impressive - 4 against Wash, NYG; and then they beat the unimpressive list of NO, Car, Det, NYJ, Atl, and Den…. not a winning record among that group. They will not be able to run against the TB defense and Hurtz is serviceable but can’t keep up with TB. On defense, Philly secondary is questionable which plays right into TB’s hands. Lastly, TB appears to be getting healthy at the right time (and there is a joke in here somewhere about their mental health getting better without AB). I see a 10+ point victory.

Best of luck to all this week.

Comment

Playoffs POW 11.5 points
      Tampa Bay -8
      stake 5 points
      I wanted to take a dog, but which one? I find betting football the biggest
      problem is which team is going to show up?
      So why not go with the guy who does it year after year after year after year after year - you get the picture.
      He'll be ready and he'll make sure everyone else is too

Comment

nfl pow 11 points

Buffalo under 44 Risking 5 units

With the weather being this cold I think NE will try to repeat their last effort at Buffalo when they didn't have to throw. Barring turnovers neither team will be able to move the ball and the under should be easy,

Comment

POW 11 points
          San Francisco +3.5 5 point risk
          Taking the city where in the 50's Tony Bennett left his heart in and in the 60'sPhilip Wallach Blondheim aka Scott McKenzie had a one hit wonder in the 60's where summertime will be a love in there.
          Sunday road NFC teams have been terrific, going 12-8 SU and 14-5-1 ATS in the last 20.
          No. 3 underdogs or favorites of fewer than three points have lost 10 straight games outright while going 1-9 ATS, scoring just 13.4 ppg in the process. That would be Dallas. Per online NY Post article.
          San Francisco is 7-0 ATS in their previous seven games in January.
          Dallas is 1-7 ATS in their previous eight games in January.
          Good luck to all.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            Gonna place a side and ML bet on Dem 9ers!

NFL POW 10.5 points
          Being on the bottom of the standings means I'm going to have to be aggressive to win this, I'm going to go all in right away in hopes of leap frogging a few in the standings.

49ers +3.5 (5 points)
          I think the 49ers offense vs Cowboys defense is favorable match up for the 49ers, I see a lot of success on the ground for the 49ers they should be able to run the ball down their throats & keep the Cowboys offense off the field, If the running game is in fact successful that could up the middle of the field (Cowboys soft spot on D) later for the 49ers passing game, The Cowboys have a weak home field advantage & I feel like their Defense is kind of over rated with a lot of fortunate turnovers going their way, I do have a couple of concerns Jimmy G's bad thumb although he looked fine last week I know it's not 100% & could flare up & if they fall behind I could be in big trouble trying to catch up because the Cowboys will pour it on if given the opportunity, If the 49ers run game is successful I shouldn't have to worry about that worst case scenario. Cowboys have a weak home field advantage as well

Cardinals +4.5 (5 points)
          I'm taking a risk here as the Cards are not as good as they were early in the season, but they are getting back JJ Watt for at least a half load, I think losing the final game of the season has worked out to their advantage they get to travel to LA for this and they have a strange knack of playing really well on the road (most of their loses coming at home) & against a team that does not have a particularly strong home field advantage with some very strong wins on the road over some good teams (Cowboys, 49ers, Rams & Titans), I also like having Kyler Murray on my side if I need a backdoor cover that guy is just a bulldog & will fight for every point & take over the game with his feet if the Rams start playing soft D late in the game & as cliche' as this may be I just don't have any confidence in Matthew Stafford although he has a loaded line up I've always considered him to be a stat monster more than a quality NFL QB & I dont see him just setting the world on fire in the spotlight of a standalone Monday night playoff game a role that Kyler Murray can thrive in.
          best of luck to you all.

Comment

• Bucky
            Bucky commented
            Editing a comment
            That isn’t allowed in the rules. You’ll need to pick one or the other.

POW 12 Units
          Eagles +8.5 (5 Units)

Going to go against the field a bit here and ride with Philly. Yeah Tampa has the experience edge for sure, but they certainly aren’t playing their best football. The last good win was over a month ago against the Bills in OT. Since then they’ve beaten a bad Panthers team twice, beat the Jets on a last minute drive, and got shut out by the Saints. Now with fewer weapons on offense they will have trouble pulling away. Hurts ought to move the chains with his feet and the Eagles run game is for real. Close game.

Comment

NFL POW 10 pts

Pats for 5 points Tuley the Tout…. Cold weather, means defense and a turnover will decide this. I’ll go contrarian and take the rookie QB and wise teacher in a 17/13 type game. Pleasure to participate in maiden season with y’all.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
              NFL POW 10.5 points
              Being on the bottom of the standings means I'm going to have to be aggressive to win this, I'm going to go all in right away in hopes of leap frogging a few in the standings.

49ers +3.5 (5 points)
              I think the 49ers offense vs Cowboys defense is favorable match up for the 49ers, I see a lot of success on the ground for the 49ers they should be able to run the ball down their throats & keep the Cowboys offense off the field, If the running game is in fact successful that could up the middle of the field (Cowboys soft spot on D) later for the 49ers passing game, The Cowboys have a weak home field advantage & I feel like their Defense is kind of over rated with a lot of fortunate turnovers going their way, I do have a couple of concerns Jimmy G's bad thumb although he looked fine last week I know it's not 100% & could flare up & if they fall behind I could be in big trouble trying to catch up because the Cowboys will pour it on if given the opportunity, If the 49ers run game is successful I shouldn't have to worry about that worst case scenario. Cowboys have a weak home field advantage as well

Cardinals +4.5 (5 points)
              I'm taking a risk here as the Cards are not as good as they were early in the season, but they are getting back JJ Watt for at least a half load, I think losing the final game of the season has worked out to their advantage they get to travel to LA for this and they have a strange knack of playing really well on the road (most of their loses coming at home) & against a team that does not have a particularly strong home field advantage with some very strong wins on the road over some good teams (Cowboys, 49ers, Rams & Titans), I also like having Kyler Murray on my side if I need a backdoor cover that guy is just a bulldog & will fight for every point & take over the game with his feet if the Rams start playing soft D late in the game & as cliche' as this may be I just don't have any confidence in Matthew Stafford although he has a loaded line up I've always considered him to be a stat monster more than a quality NFL QB & I dont see him just setting the world on fire in the spotlight of a standalone Monday night playoff game a role that Kyler Murray can thrive in.
              best of luck to you all.
              Sorry I misread the rules ill just take the 49ers pick, if thats not ok ill let the judges decide which game I get.

Comment

• Ray
                Ray commented
                Editing a comment
                NFL POW 10.5 points
                I misread the rules ill just go with the 49ers pick if Ive screwed this up to the point of DQ I understand....my apologies.

49ers +3.5 (5 points)

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                Doesn't matter, bottom dwellers like us have no shot with max 5-point wagers. It would actually be a contest if we could bet whatever we wanted. No Cinderella stories in this thing.

CINCINNATI BENGALS -5.5 (5 Points)

Feels way too chalky but to be honest the rest of the games stink IMO. The game I'm most confident in is Cincinnati winning so barring a backdoor touchdown I feel like this is my best shot of having conviction on a side. The Bengals should be able to put up points and if they can keep the Raiders running game in check with everything riding on Carr and the entire stadium knowing Waller is the only real threat then I would suspect turnovers as well. Feels too shalky but I just think the Bengals are rolling right now and eventually those last second wins the Raiders always get has to even out. Bengals 27-21

Comment

I guess I should say I have 15 points.

Comment

Super Wild Card POW season record (12-7)

Philly beagles +8.5 @ the yuccaneers

Not often a line moves so quickly and drastically a couple hours prior to kickoff of a playoff game. What is the story here? This whole slate of games the weekend I am on the side of the favorites which goes against the grain of the past 4 season's of the wild card games. Can't be this easy, I must be missing something but as I watch this move guess I will bite. What I don't understand is how can this number be the same with tampa hosting as it was when they played earlier this season in philly. 28-22 then, with the beagles sneaking in the backdoor late. Sounds like there will be some weather challenges today, which in theory should benefit philly. Sure looks like a buy low spot on tampa, and hurts v brady, come on! I do think philly will be able to run against this tampa D, but even w/the injuries in tampa's receiver room brady and his tight end trio will thrive. Not a ton of conviction with this play, just buying the number is all. More points than expected, how about 30-24 buccaneers.

Comment

• Aztec10
                    Aztec10 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Have to rant for a minute, knowing this is a biased opinion. Jalen Reagor, really? Why is he on the field? Where is Minshew? Hurts is not a NFL QB! Coach Siriani is a genius? Apparently not. This game was over after the 1st drive, but anybody watching this game can see tampa is hanging on by a thread. One of the worst game plans I have ever watched. Philly had a couple of opportunities at end of 1st half, didn't take advantage. Perfect example of a rookie coach in a playoff game against the defending champs. I definitely misjudged this game. Oh well....

• Seahawk Rick
                    Seahawk Rick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How do you really feel Aztec?!?! LOL!!!!

• Bucky
                    Bucky commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah i had the same thoughts pregame and the same feelings post game. Tampa left the door wide open,but Philly tried to use the window.

NFL P.O.W. (12-7-0)

SF PLUS 3 1/2 (TULEY)===5 Points

San fran should win this thing--

Since week 9 they are Number 1 in Off YPP--4TH in def YPP--AND 1ST in new YPP
                  Dallas is 13th, 28th and 19th comparatively--
                  Strength of sched almost same--
                  So I get 3 1/2, with a better running game--
                  I'll take em and hope for the best!!

PS-- Thanks to Mr C and all his fellow admins for a great year-
                  And of course, Mr Dave-
                  Best of luck to all

I

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                    Seahawk Rick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    WIth ya brother....I put a nice chunk on them on the ML. As long as Jimmy G doesn't make us go "Geeeeeee, Jimmy, why did you throw 3-picks," they've got a chance.

• Aztec10
                    Aztec10 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Boy, sure seems a whole lot of 49ers love today. Go get 'em!

• Seahawk Rick
                    Seahawk Rick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Up to Jimmy G... Good Jimmy can win, not so good Jimmy can't. SF DBs are the weak link IMHO.

2021 NFL P.O.W. [10 points]
                  Risking 5 Points
                  Philly/Tampa Bay Under 48.5

Philly needs to run the ball to keep Brady off the field and that is there bread and butter, which will shorten the game. It's also a book need so I'll go with the side of the book while getting an extra point and a half. GLA

Comment

2021 NFL P.O.W. [ 10 points ]

49er's/ Dallas over 49.5 ( 5 points )

I would have rather have had the option for the first half, so I could play Dallas but this is fine, plus I'm just lucky to be here anyway.

I know there's a lot of love for the 49er's which is a part of the reason for this play, but I just think that the Boyz will have a big edge playing at home.
                    and Can you really trust JimmyG and his hand?
                    Last year these 2 teams met and even though each of the team's starting QB's didn't play, the Cowboys won in a shootout.

I just have this feeling that there will be points scored from both sides and I'm will to chance it with a lot of healthy players on both teams

Good Luck

​​​​​​​

Comment

NFL POW Playoffs
                      11 points - Risking 5

Rams -3.5

I am a perfect 5-0 ATS on sides so far this playoffs. So, of course, I know this will be my only losing play. Rams are better and will show it here

Comment

Working...
                      X