Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 NFL P.O.W. Playoffs (Post Wild-Card Plays Here or follow the contenders!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL POW 11 PTS
    RAMS -3.5 RISKING 5 pts

Rams have the cards number over the last few years , cards stumbled down the stretch, if Stafford can avoid throwing a pic 6 rams have a big shot to win and cover.

Comment

Originally posted by J.herb View Post
      NFL POW 11 PTS
      RAMS -3.5 RISKING 5 pts

Rams have the cards number over the last few years , cards stumbled down the stretch, if Stafford can avoid throwing a pic 6 rams have a big shot to win and cover.
      Sorry, J.Herb, but I have to void this pick as the deadline was the 5:15 p.m. PT scheduled kickoff of the Cards-Rams game and this wasn't put in until 5:53 p.m. PT (Rams might even been up 7-0 already).

Anyway, you're still eligible to keep playing as you don't lose any points and still have 11.

Comment

Seahawk Rick commented
        01-15-2022, 08:53 PM
        Doesn't matter, bottom dwellers like us have no shot with max 5-point wagers. It would actually be a contest if we could bet whatever we wanted. No Cinderella stories in this thing.

Seahawk Rick loves busting my balls on this rule, but several things wrong with his argument:

1) "No shot"? This assumes that if you go 4-0 that someone above you will go 4-0 and beak-block you? No guarantee of that, but, hey, if you go 4-0 and no one above you does, there's your Cinderella story. Very possible.

2) Every knows coming into the season that the people who have the best record and accumulate the most units will have those units for the playoffs. If someone had a better record than you and goes 4-0 in the playoffs, they deserve to win over you.

3) It's like whining in a Survivor pool that it's not fair that you can't win just because you lost 1 game than the winners and don't have a way to "go all-in" to catch up. The rules are the rules and actually quite fair

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Amen brother...

• Bucky
          Bucky commented
          Editing a comment
          Or 5 units per day would work rather than per weekend.

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          Bucky, that is a GREAT compromise. Makes the leaders have to make more picks and show why they are the leaders!

Here are the updated standings after the wild-card round. Top 4 all won...overall record was 17-8 (68%) with 2 "No picks".

The new thread will be posted Wednesday night/early Thursday morning with the divisional playoff lines for the sides and totals just like the wild-card round"
        VFV Handle Units Wild-card Pts Divisional
        2HOLLYWOOD2 15 CIN 5 20
        JIMMYJAM4508 13 CIN 5 18
        JPDAWG 13 TB 5 18
        JSCHANILEC 13 PHITB UN 5 18
        COMPASS ROSE 12 SF 5 17
        MTHELLER 12 CIN 5 17
        ROCKMAN IN PA 12 CIN 5 17
        SENATOR L 11.5 TB 5 16.5
        ARCHIE8 11 SF 5 16
        DAVEY SHINES 11 BUF 5 16
        DEANO 11 TB 5 16
        WINKYDUCK 11 LAR 5 16
        RAY 10.5 SF 5 15.5
        BARNSTORM 10 BUF 5 15
        BUCKEYEFAN80 10 PHITB UN 5 15
        CASEINPOINT 10 SF 5 15
        SEAHAWK RICK 10 KC 5 15
        J. HERB 11 No pick 11
        PHATMAN 15 11 No pick 11
        BIMMERCANDO 13 NEBUF UN 5 8
        AZTEC10 12 PHI 5 7
        BUCKY 12 PHI 5 7
        MRVOLO 12 LV 5 7
        STEVIEV 11 NEBUF UN 5 6
        GENZO 10 NE 5 5
        ICE TEA 2 10 SFDAL O 5 5
        TEXAN 73 10 DAL 5 5

Comment

I'm a little confused ,

My pick was put in well before kick,

Do I get to throw the challenge flag?

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            Says 5:53pm on your time stamp JHerb, BUT, the time stamp on my comment is an hour later than Pacific Time when I wrote it...It appears to this bottom dweller that you made your bet at 4:53pm Throw the flag!!!!
            Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 01-19-2022, 06:23 PM.

Let's see what time comes up when I post this.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTuley View Post
            Let's see what time comes up when I post this.
            Wow...the time came up as 9:37 when it's only 8:37 here in Vegas.

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW, MY RULING IS REVERSED AND J.herb WILL GET CREDIT FOR HIS WINNING PICK.

Thanks to Seahawk Rick for the assist...I'm guessing I never noticed the site's clock didn't "fall back" when Daylight Savings Time ended. Gonna have to check the settings.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              The Russians had something to do with it...

Originally posted by DaveTuley View Post

Wow...the time came up as 9:37 when it's only 8:37 here in Vegas.

AFTER FURTHER REVIEW, MY RULING IS REVERSED AND J.herb WILL GET CREDIT FOR HIS WINNING PICK.

Thanks to Seahawk Rick for the assist...I'm guessing I never noticed the site's clock didn't "fall back" when Daylight Savings Time ended. Gonna have to check the settings.
            Seems your days of the week must be off too, since it is now Thursday and you didn't post this weeks lines on Wednesday......lol.

Comment

Thanks Mr.Tuley and to my new BFF Mr.Seahawk Rick (Tickets to Saratoga race course plus lodging for two nights including some meals are yours if I somehow win this contest), Air fare not including sorry.

Am I now out of challenges!!!!!! ????

Watching the 1973 movie The Sting

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                Lol! Sign me up!

You still have a challenge left since you won this one!

King Cotton is asleep at the switch, still mourning his Falcon's sucky season and Ohio St losing to Michigan. 😁

I know... Seattle teams have limped through their season's, but the Mariners are gonna win the World Series to make up for it! Lol!

• mtheller
                mtheller commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, the Mariners will win the World Series............probably not in my lifetime though.

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Mr. Buzz Kill!! 🤯

Nothing gets by my friend Rick.GL J.herb,do you live in Saratoga?Spent a day or more at track for 66 straight years.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                LOT'S of things get by me Volo, but thanks for having my back! 😁👍

Weather Reports. Only Green Bay is going to be a factor.

Nashville, TN, Saturday afternoon, 4:30 PM: 35, very little wind.

Green Bay,WI, Saturday night, 8:15 PM:10 degrees, a little wind at 10 mph and a Real Feel of -2. Everybody here on VFV is gonna be on the Packers, especially if -5.5 is offered. It seems to be -6 across the Board, and will probably go up depending on Jimmy G., Bosa and Warner injuries. Even -6 seems cheap given all that and the extra rest GB has gotten.

Tampa, FL, Sunday 3 PM: Sunny and 60 degrees.

KC, MO, Sunday at 6:30 PM: Cloudy and 36 degrees. A heat wave for the Bills!
              Last edited by barnstorm; 01-20-2022, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                Like LAR/BUFF/TENN/GB as of now depending on injury news.
            Working...
            X