Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020-21 NFL P.O.W. Playoffs (Post Divisional Plays Here or follow the contenders!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020-21 NFL P.O.W. Playoffs (Post Divisional Plays Here or follow the contenders!)

Here's the P.O.W. thread for the NFL divisional playoff for the P.O.W. contest for the 2021-22 season. As stated last week, we had a record 27 qualifiers this season (compared to 12 last year!) who earned 10 points (1 point per win, half-point per push, plus a 2-point bonus in Week 18) during the regular season, so congrats are in order just for making the playoffs. And then our qualifiers went an impressive 18-8 ATS (69.2%) in the wild-card round, so congrats also on that.

As we made clear in the Week 1 thread at the start of the season and in last week's wild-card thread, these players now use their number of points as units in the playoffs. We keep this as a P.O.W. contest as you make just 1 play per weekend (with reasoning for your play, please, as that's where most of the followers get the most value from these threads). You can bet a maximum of 5 units (wagers graded at even-money for contest purposes) and only use whole numbers. Deadline is the scheduled kickoff of the game you use.

I couldn't find where I promised what I was providing as a prize (so please someone send me a link if you find it LMEAO), but barring any change we'll go with the standard 1st-place prize of a 2-night stay at a Las Vegas hotel (sorry, you have to get yourself here), plus dinner for 2 with yours truly, plus a VFV shirt and a $100 online gift certificate to NFL.com goes to whoever has the most units after the Super Bowl (we'll determine a tiebreaker in addition to Super Bowl pick of those in contention when we get to that point -- usually a 2nd pick of the side/total that they didn't use for main pick).

Here are the updated standings after the wild-card round:

VFV Handle Units Wild-card Pts
    2hollywood2 15 CIN 5 20
    JIMMYJAM4508 13 CIN 5 18
    JPdawg 13 TB 5 18
    jschanilec 13 PHITB UN 5 18
    Compass rose 12 SF 5 17
    mtheller 12 CIN 5 17
    rockman in pa 12 CIN 5 17
    Senator L. 11.5 TB 5 16.5
    Archie8 11 SF 5 16
    DaveyShines 11 BUF 5 16
    Deano 11 TB 5 16
    Winkyduck 11 LAR 5 16
    J.herb 11 LAR 5 16
    Ray 10.5 SF 5 15.5
    barnstorm 10 BUF 5 15
    Buckeyefan80 10 PHITB UN 5 15
    Caseinpoint 10 SF 5 15
    Seahawk Rick 10 KC 5 15
    Phatman 15 11 No pick 11
    bimmercando 13 NEBUF UN 5 8
    Aztec10 12 PHI 5 7
    Bucky 12 PHI 5 7
    Mrvolo 12 LV 5 7
    steviev 11 NEBUF UN 5 6
    Genzo 10 NE 5 5
    IceTea 2 10 SFDAL O 5 5
    Texan 73 10 DAL 5 5

It looks like everyone is following the format, so here are the sides and total of the 4 divisional playoff games (which allow for line-shopping as we offer the best widely available line for each side of the 8 betting options this weekend)...contestants have until 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT on Sunday to submit your P.O.W. in case you miss the earlier deadlines GLA:

Bengals +3.5
    Titans -3
    Over 46.5
    Under 47.5

49ers +6
    Packers -5
    Over 47
    Under 47.5

Rams +3
    Buccaneers -2.5
    Over 47.5
    Under 48.5

Bills +2.5
    Chiefs -1.5
    Over 53.5
    Under 54.5

Contestants went 18-8 (.692) ATS in the Wildcard Round (with 1 non-selection). Pretty much shows why all of you are in the playoffs and I'm not, lol. Good luck this week to all!

Comment

POW 7
      5 units SF +6 I guess you can call this my Hail Mary play.I happen to think SF can keep this close and with the weather I think their running game should help them.Another factor and I could be wrong but think a lot of those ahead of me will be on GB so my only chance to advance is go against the flow.I posted early so now I can count the GB plays,and I also see the line dropped to 5.5.GL and enjoy the games.

Comment

• barnstorm
        barnstorm commented
        Editing a comment
        Line drop due to Jimmy G., Nick Bosa and Fred Warner cleared to play. Even with that, it only dropped a half a point, although -6 to -5.5 fairly significant.

2021 POW

CINCY Over 46.5

5 points of 17

Henry is back for Tennessee and Cincy will have trouble playing the run. Cincys receivers will put on a show and score plenty to stay with Tennessee. This game gets in the 50’s. Cincy 31 Tennessee 27

Comment

POW 15
        risking 5 units
        Buffalo +2 1/2
        Last game of the day and should be the best. The Bills have seemed to gell offensively, but they are facing a red hot team in the Chiefs. I think Josh Allen will be the difference here, so I’m circling the wagons because it’s the Buffalo Bills.

Comment

POW 16 Cincinnati +3.5 5 pts. Sure King Henry is back and well rested but he'll be playing with a plate in his foot. One wrong step or twist and he might be done. He might be a little extra tentative as a result. The Bengals are playing with confidence and Joe Burrow is exhibiting that swagger that separates the good from the great. The Bengals have arguably the best WR group in the league and the rapport between Burrow and Chase is rivalled only by Rodgers and Adams. Think the Bengals will put enough points to outlast the Titans and will gladly take the points with the hook.

Comment

• Mrvolo
            Mrvolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Game has started but looks like 8 Tenn and 1 Cinny.GL

2021 NFL P.O.W. [18 points]
          Titans -3 (wagering 5 points)

The Bengals Defense is a bit banged up and are not a good matchup for this physical Titans offense. I expect AJ Brown to have a big game. I also think that the Titans D is a bad matchup for Cincy as well. They will rush 4 and still get to the QB. I expect Burrow to be flustered and make a few mistakes.

Comment

• Aztec10
            Aztec10 commented
            Editing a comment
            Unbelievable how poorly coached a game this was on the tennessee sideline!

NFL P.O.W. (5 POINT LEFT)

TENNESSEE -3 (5 POINTS)

I never should have taken Dallas last week. They dislike me as much as I dislike them, but not all is lost, They get to watch the Super Bowl just like me. On to this week. Tennessee is rested, playing at home, and has their running backs healed. Tennessee can control this game
          and keep Burrow and Company on the sidelines. Cincy is new to this, Tennessee has been here before. Las Vegas had success running the
          ball on Cincy and could have won, but multiple holding penalties sunk them. I see a celebration on the Cumberland River this week. The Titans introduce the Bengals to a little "Country", Nashville style.
          "Do what is right . . . and suffer the consequences" Sam Houston

Comment

NFL POW 5 pts

Tenn -3 / 5 units

Joe Cool and Chase have been money but a rested unsung no 1 seed getting healthy and Oh Henry return spells a Titans win for survival 😄

Comment

• Aztec10
              Aztec10 commented
              Editing a comment
              No COY for you Mike Vrabel!

17 Points

Green Bay -5 5 Units

Packers have home field with rest. They also have Rodgers who should have a few explosive plays against this defense.
            Garoppolo will not be able to put together four mistake free quarters which would be needed to beat GB. A few special teams
            lapses will add to niner troubles. Garoppolo has never started a game below 43 degrees. The gametime temperature will be
            below 43 degrees.

Comment

2021 POW

TENN -3

5 points of 15...Even though I'd like to bet 15

The trenches my friends, the trenches are where this will be won...TENN is bigger and badder along both lines. Mr. Mixon will find tough sledding. CINN O-line is going to make Mr. Burrow feel more than uncomfortable a good portion of the game as they will allow more pressure than LV gave him. Yes, King Henry plays, and will be a factor, but he won't be in top form and won't get as many snaps as normal but TENN had a decent run game going without him...He's icing on the Divisional cake, which of course will be chocolate...Is there any other flavor?

Between weeks 9 and 18, all without Henry, TENN gave up more than 30-points just once. They averaged just 17.4 points allowed in those games.

Coaching goes to Vrabel and his crew as they've been in the playoffs with this kind of pressure. Burrow is good, and might be great some day, but as we've seen so many times, the team on the rise can look good, but needs a few playoff games to take it to the next level. That will be CINN NEXT year, not this year. A good story it is, but the curtain falls Saturday on the Bungel picture show...Roll the credits. THE END.

Sorry Mtheller!

Comment

• Aztec10
                Aztec10 commented
                Editing a comment
                And Zac Taylor playing for a 50+ yard field goal! Genius, thankfully no super bowl for them.

POW
              Believe I have 8 points now after last week's point fest.

So I'll go with an OVER in Buff/Kc.
              What else can happen in this battle.
              Air balls and picks etc etc

So 5 points on the OVER 53.5

Comment

NFL POW

18 Points

2021 Champion

Remember the Titans -3

Oh Yes the KIng is Back! King Henry returns and I believe hes fully ready to go. This tenn team I feel gets No respect. Yes like many other teams they went through the ridciuous 17game schedule with many ups and downs including losses to the Jets and Texans(they were shorthanded in both those defeats). However when they were fully healthy they beat the Bills, Chiefs, Colts, and Rams in 4 straight weeks during their season long 6 game winning streak. I believe they will make a run to the big dance this year. Head Coach Mike Vrabel is also 5-0 Straight up after a BYe week during the regular season so he knows how to get a team ready. Cincy has had a nice season and big playoff win But you saw Zac taylor last week almost blow that game and now they travel vs a #1 seed after a home WC win, Not a successful pattern in NFL history. I alos think Titans are much more physical than Bengals. And all I here is how great Jamar Chase is....Well Aj Brown and Julio Jones are pretty damn good recievers too. Send it in on the Titans as theyroll on here to AFC Championship Game....

Comment

• Aztec10
                  Aztec10 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tennessee didn't call a time out in the last 2 minutes, yet again let tannehill throw the ball! WOW!

• barnstorm
                  barnstorm commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lucky for him. I expect if you don't put any amount in, it goes for one unit like during the regular season. Or maybe no play?

• DaveTuley
                  DaveTuley commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually, my ruling is that JIMMY JAM4508 meant to go with a 5-unit play, so I'm docking him the 5 units (he can appeal like J.herb did last week and I'll hear his argument). Even though he didn't specify his number of units, the spirit of competition has been everyone going with 5 units, including JIMMY JAM4508 last week and also every week last year in his run to the P.O.W. title. If he had previously used a lower number, then I could buy that he intended to do that here. However, from reading his write-up, including "Send it in on the Titans," that sure sounds like someone confident enough to bet the max amount. I know I'm playing King Solomon here, but if the Titans had covered and JIMMY JAM4508 came to me and said he meant to risk 5 units like he always had, I would have believed him and given him the 5-unit win, so I'm confident I'm making the right call here.

POW 16.5
                KC -1.5 bet 5 points
                It's simple - KC has too many weapons and BUF relies on Josh Allen to win the game
                I would like Buffalo to win I just don't see it. Until Buf gets a big bruising back they'll
                be close but no cigar. I think KC wins by double digits

Comment

NFL P.o.w.(17 points)

SF PLUS 6(Tuley)

Everybody’s playing for SF
                  Feel they’ll cover here using their run game vs a GB team who doesn’t defend the run
                  line should be closer to 31/2 so feel getting value with the 6

Playing 5 units

Comment

Working...
                  X