USFL Week 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USFL Week 5

Well, we hit the midway point of this first season. Not sure what the O/U was on weeks played, but I think we are trending towards the over, lol.

Another good week last week on sides, totals we are treading water most weeks.

Reporting this week from the beaches of Southern NC, so we will see how the salt air does to my selections, lol.

Sides (11-5 YTD)
    Tampa Bay -2.5***W***
    New Orleans -3***L***
    Philadelphia +6.5***L***
    Houston -5.5***L***

Totals (10-6 YTD)
    Tampa Bay OVER 33.5***W***
    New Orleans OVER 36***W***
    Birmingham OVER 36***W***
    Houston UNDER 33.5***L***

Best of luck to all this week!
    Last edited by gcotton; 05-15-2022, 04:33 PM.

Nice way to start Week 5. Good comeback.win for Todd Haley and his Bandit team on Friday night. Very good game all around. Was impressed a little by Jeff Fishers MIC team.

One game this afternoon and then 2 more on Sunday to close out the weekend action.

Comment

• DaveyShines
      DaveyShines commented
      Editing a comment
      You are hotter than Georgia asphalt in August! I haven't watched any of the games so can't comment on the quality of play. How would you rate it relative to the CFL in terms of skill level? That is, if you watch the Canadian league---can't imagine too many Americans turn their eyes north in the summer. 3 down football on a much larger field takes some getting used to. But Joe Theismann came directly from Notre Dame to the Toronto Argonauts and Warren Moon won 5 Grey Cups with the Edmonton Eskimos (Elks). And Doug Flutie was outstanding and won Cups with 3 different teams!

• gcotton
      gcotton commented
      Editing a comment
      Davey....I have been a big fan of the CFL for many years. We (OSU) have had several players go up North to play, so that keeps me invested. Actually have a girl that used to work with me, her son played LB for Mich St and has had a couple seasons playing for Hamilton, so that also keeps me viewing. He actually just signed with New Orleans of the USFL this past week. Name is Chris Frye.

As for comparison of the two leagues, it's hard to do so. I think the play of the CFL is ahead of the USFL right now. More veterans in the CFL compared to this new league. And that shows, to me at least. I really hope this league gets a second season. And gets to play in home markets. I think that is really hurting this season, but I totally understand why they are doing the hub thing in Birmingham.

And thanks as well for the props. I just hope others have jumped on and been able to cash a couple of tickets on this thing.

Ugh!!!! What a bad beat in the final.game of the week...horrible defense by HOU on the final play to lose

Comment

Working...
    X