Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where are All Our Canadian Folks .....the CFL Starts This Week!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are All Our Canadian Folks .....the CFL Starts This Week!!

After a bit of a delay and a very short training camp, the 2022 CFL season got underway last night. I feel bad cause I'm usually up on this league to start the season, but with the labor issues and focusing on the USFL each week, I really haven't had time to do much research.

Any help from my Canadian friends would be great. Will start paying more attention after next week's final USFL regular season.

Sorry GCotton but I have zero interest in the CFL. Most of my buddies don't follow either but are all-in on the NFL. Wasn't always the case for me. I supported the Argos back in the 70s and 80s and up through the Rocket Ismail years. My Dad used to tell me that back in the late 50s and early 60s the CFL was big and many NFL stars left for Canada where they could make as much if not more money. That changed pretty quickly once TV took more interest in pro sports.

Comment

I have been a big fan of the CFL for mutiple years as I think the lack of coverage in the U.S. has helped those of us who follow the sport. I stopped posting on Dave's site at the end of 2019 since I had my first lousy year in college football going 1-6. It was embarrasing. However, that year I went 8-1 in the CFL. I never have many bets but I have always ended up ahead in the CFL. Therefore, I encourage others to take a look at it. For years, I have sent my plays to Phatman15 as he always wants to know when and on whom I'm betting. Of course, no one knows for sure how the future will turn out I would also encourage participants here to take a look at the WNBA. Fewer teams, great resources, strong home courts, and easy ways to check whether the injury of a player is critical. Once again, I believe the lack of interest in this sport also helps those who follow it. The same can be said about the USFL as "gcotton' can attest. If I had to rely on the NFL for success, I would probably be homeless. Take care.

Comment

• bullybeater
        bullybeater commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Dog, I'm interested in any and all your picks

Dog, would you happen to know what was up with the line on the Winnipeg game last night (Fri)? The line opened up at minus 9 1/2 but by
      game time it was minus 6 on Draftkings. I couldn't find out what would cause such a big move. Winnipeg did win but no cover 19-17.

Comment

I tried to answer Rockman in a private message. A last thought: In the WNBA, I made a line on our LV Aces v the LA Sparks today. My per game stat line was LV -13 and the 100 possession line was LV -17.3. LV won easily by 17 even though the Vegas line was LV -7 when I bet it. With that variance, it was a nice win for me. I'm not a regular poster here anymore after my college football failure in 2019 (ATS 1-6), but as I mentioned sometimes these outlier sports are the place to be. With respect to the USFL, I did take one bet in WK 9 tomorrow as New Orleans -3. My line, with MOV, PYPA, YPP, total off yds, adjusted for their oppostion is NO -8.2. No guarantees, but it is enough variance for me in a meaningful game. IMO, TB has been over-rated all season.

Comment

Thanks for answering. I was just curious.

Comment

A couple.that I went to HS with, one of their sons has bounced around the CFL/AAF/USFL since playing at Michigan St. I asked his dad yesterday if we had any rooting interest in the CFL this season, and he said to wait a couple days, lol. His son was recently signed by the New Orleans Breakers about a month into the season, and has seen a bit of playing time at LB.

He was with Hamilton for a couple of seasons before the pandemic shut things down up there. Hope the kid gets a chance because he is really really good. Name is Chris Frye. I purchased a Ti-Cat shirt when he signed up there, so I hope he goes back to Hamilton or I may have to get another shirt, lol

Comment

I have no interest in minor league football. My main focus is college football, with the NFL in second place.

Comment

TARB, I'm not an elitist about any sport or anyone here who is trying to exploit a weakness in any line offered by the bookmaker. We are just trying to make some money consistently whenever the opportunity presents itself. You may consider the CFL as "minor football", but to the Canadians with their history of this league going back to 1958, I do not want to be one to put them down. I would say the same thing about those who might find line weaknesses in the UFC, Nascar, horse racing, the WNBA, etc. I'll gladly take the money in the WNBA yesterday and in the USFL today.

Comment

• DaveyShines
                  DaveyShines commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The CFL may have started in 1958 but the Grey Cup goes all the way back to 1909. Just a few years older than the Super Bowl 🙂
              Working...
              X