No announcement yet.

How long will Watson's suspension last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will Watson's suspension last?

The NFL should suspend Watson for the whole 2022 season. However, I will predict a 10-game suspension, as a minimum. Maybe, he gets a 12-game suspension? What do you think is appropriate?

Good thing you’re not judge and jury since none of us know all the details. Only what media decides to tell us, like a lot of other things…
    Pretty sure the browns knew it would happen since they guaranteed him just $1M in the first year out of his $200M+ contract.

Comment

There is a report out that the NFL is seeking an indefinite suspension that lasts at least one year. That would cover the NFL if additional women decide to sue Watson.

Comment

I think that it would be in Watson's interest to negotiate the best deal that he can get from the NFL on his suspension, even if that means a one year suspension.

Comment

I agree with Buckeyefan that we only know what media tells us but I see one year as a minimum with conditions that there is no more suits coming out.Curious how much he settled for.I read they originally turned down 100K.Also wonder how much advise lawyer gave them as he is ready for nice payday.Back in old days NFL banned Paul H and Someone else for 1 year for betting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrvolo View Post
            I agree with Buckeyefan that we only know what media tells us but I see one year as a minimum with conditions that there is no more suits coming out.Curious how much he settled for.I read they originally turned down 100K.Also wonder how much advise lawyer gave them as he is ready for nice payday.Back in old days NFL banned Paul H and Someone else for 1 year for betting.

Vincent, the other guy was Alex Karras.

Comment

• Mrvolo
              Mrvolo commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks

The Watson hearing is the first test of the new arbitration process. I think that Judge Robinson cannot just give what the NFL wants, which is an indefinite suspension that lasts at least one year.She also cannot exonerate Watson with no suspension. I think that she must suspend Watson for somewhere between eight to twelve weeks. Watson would be smart to accept such a suspension and not appeal it. I think that Goodell should also accept it and not appeal. Anything less and the commissioner should appeal and anything more Watson should appeal.

Comment

Read something tonight that the league said they would not appeal a suspension of 8-12 games.

Comment

After listening to Mike Florio this morning, I think that the NFL might have blown its case against Watson and that Judge Robinson's decision will probably be anywhere between exoneration and at most a four game suspension. The punishment, if there is one, could even be no games and just a monetary fine. The final decision is expected to arrive on or about July 25, 2022.

Comment

Why is it taking so long for Judge Robinson to release her decision?

Comment

• DaveyShines
                    DaveyShines commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Heard she had a massage appointment today 😆

Originally posted by TARB View Post
                  Why is it taking so long for Judge Robinson to release her decision?
                  The sense is she is giving the league and NFLPA a chance to negotiate a settlement.

Comment

My guess will be 1 year at first, they will appeal and he will get 8-10 weeks, if nothing new comes to light.

Comment

I think she'll recommend 6 and that will be it.

Comment

Could it be as many as twelve games? I hope so.

Comment

GOOD READ

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/...88rrfpcmyx6psc

Comment

Working...
                          X