No announcement yet.

How long will Watson's suspension last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that the decision will be announced on Friday, July 29, 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
      I think that the decision will be announced on Friday, July 29, 2022.
      Agree 100%.... probably about 5pm local time...the good old Friday evening news dump

Comment

Guess I was wrong about the Friday night news drop, lol

Comment

The judge's decision is expected to be released on Monday, August 1, 2022. The consensus seems to be about eight games.
          Last edited by TARB; 07-31-2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
            The judge's decision is expected to be released on Monday, August 1, 2022. The consensus seems to be about eight games.
            I hear that, too...but something about NFLPA statement today made it sound like maybe it was preparing public that they might not feel the penalty is enough.
            “In advance of Judge Robinson’s decision, we wanted to reiterate the facts of the proceeding,” the statement began. “First, we have fully cooperated with every NFL inquiry and provided the NFL with the most comprehensive set of information for any personal conduct policy investigation. A former Federal Judge - appointed jointly by the NFLPA and NFL - held a full and fair hearing, has read thousands of pages of investigative documents and reviewed arguments from both sides impartially.

“Every player, owner, business partner and stakeholder deserves to know that our process is legitimate and will not be tarnished based on the whims of the League office. This is why, regardless of her decision, Deshaun and the NFLPA will stand by her ruling and we call on the NFL to do the same.”

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...conduct-policy

Absolutely blows my mind… Gambling gets you a year suspension but this only 6 games.

Last edited by jdmoose1950; 08-01-2022, 06:02 AM.

Comment

It all matters as to when it happens.If it we’re back when the gamblers were suspended he would be banished for life.

Comment

ADDED FOOTNOTE:

Josh Gordon was suspended for 78 games by the NFL for smoking weed. Calvin Ridley was suspended for at least 1 full season for making a bet that his team will win. Vincent Jackson was suspended for 3 games because of unlicensed driving. Plaxico got 4 games for shooting his leg

JUST MY OPINION BUT I THINK THIS WAS PREDETERMINED...NO WAY BROWNS JUMP IN AND OFFER HIM THAT KIND OF MONEY WITHOUT A GUARANTEE THAT THE PUNISHMENT WOULD ONLY BE A SLAP ON THE WRIST...THE FIX WAS IN!

Comment

• Mrvolo
                    Mrvolo commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also his salary this year is 1M plus then big numbers hit.He loses like 60,000/ game.Like a friend of mine said,he got one year for taking bets on sports in NJ in 1975.Now the State gives you a license.How times have changed.

The Commissioner has three days to appeal the decision. I expect him to do so and then increase the suspension to between eight to twelve games. I think that a lot depends on how the public views the six game suspension.

Comment

Just my 2 cents.....The NFL keeps pushing me away. I wager but dont pay any money to watch or attend games . Commish is a joke.

Comment

Six games is much too lenient. Goodell has to impose a harsher suspension. When negotiating, Watson would not agree to more than eight games and the NFL would not agree to less than twelve games. Maybe, Goodell should split the difference and impose ten games?

Comment

The NFL cares more about gamblers than masseuses. The reasons why are obvious. Anyway, Watson will keep all of his $45 million signing bonus and the Browns will muddle through until he returns, leaning heavily on their defense and excellent running game. Still think they should make the playoffs in an ultracompetitive division and conference. This whole situation has been given far too much attention. It's a tempest in a teapot. At least now any future massage therapist will know what and who they're dealing with------an alleged serial creep who can't keep his weiner in his pants. Can only imagine the heckling he'll receive in visiting stadiums

Comment

I think that the NFL, having this new process of a neutral arbiter hearing the case, cannot impose the one year suspension that it wants after the arbiter imposed only a six game suspension. That sentence is obviosly too lenient. A ten to twelve game seems appropriate to me What do you think?

Comment

From all that was out there on ESPN etc.last night it seems the obvious is for NFL to appeal but being the contrarian I say they will let it go as is.We do not know what deals are tied into this by both sides.The NFL wants this behind them and a appeal only drags out how F—- Up they really are.
                            We shall see.

Comment

I think that the NFL, having this new process of a neutral arbiter hearing the case, cannot impose the one year suspension that it wants after the arbiter imposed only a six game suspension. That sentence is obviosly too lenient. A ten to twelve game seems appropriate to me What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X