No announcement yet.

How long will Watson's suspension last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must go higher.....it just has to.....8-10 maybe?

Comment

Big Ben and Zeke each got the same 6 game suspension as Watson...only difference, both of them had 1 single accusor....Watson has close to 30. Needs to be a full season in my mind or the NFL is gonna lose a ton of female fans....if that is something they even care about.

Comment

Right color, right time. Nobody does time anymore. Mutts in office, wee.

Comment

He ready lost an entire season I think this 6 game
          susp sticks not sure NFL wants to risk appealing and losing

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
            He ready lost an entire season I think this 6 game
            susp sticks not sure NFL wants to risk appealing and losing

How could the NFL lose when Goodell will be making the decision upon appeal?

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
              I think that the NFL, having this new process of a neutral arbiter hearing the case, cannot impose the one year suspension that it wants after the arbiter imposed only a six game suspension. That sentence is obviosly too lenient. A ten to twelve game seems appropriate to me What do you think?
              My official stance is I prefer to let these things play out and wait to handicap the players/teams that are on the field on a week-to-week basis...but I do think it's silly that the arbiter has this job because the NFL was so bad at policing itself before, yet they're basing the penalty on the precedent set by the former flawed system. Makes no sense, but it is what it is. I'm guessing they try to put it behind them as quickly as possible to not distract from preseason games starting.

Comment

• Mrvolo
                Mrvolo commented
                Editing a comment
                Driving around and heard on SiriusXM if NFL appeals Player Association brings all the dirty laundry to the table,Redskins owner,Kraft,Ross etc.The deal nobody knows is set,as I said,no appeal and in a couple of weeks nobody will remember the Arbitrator etc.

On another note,Vin Scully RIP
                Last edited by Mrvolo; 08-03-2022, 09:57 AM.

It's official, the NFL has appealed the six game suspension. Goodell or whoever he designates will undoubtedly increase the suspension. The NFLPA has until Friday, August 5th to respond. So, the decision on the length of the suspension should be announced sometime next week.
              Last edited by TARB; 08-03-2022, 01:46 PM.

Comment

It looks like that the NFL will impose an indefinite suspension lasting at least one year. However, before the judge imposed a six game suspension, the NFL proposed a twelve game suspension in addition to an $8 million fine. Watson should now accept that, if it is still on the table. That was proposed during negotiations by the NFL. At that time Watson was proposing an eight game suspension.

Comment

Guess I was wrong again.

Comment

There will be no oral hearing. The NFL and the NFLPA will issue written responses to Goodell (or his designee) as to what the sentence should be. I think that the NFLPA should propose the twelve game suspension and the monetary fine that the NFL proposed to Watson during negotiations before the case went to Judge Robinson.

Comment

Wonder why the judge imposed such a measly penalty? Was it to allow the NFL to appeal and put it back under Goodell's control? Lots of grandstanding ahead. This could be tied up in federal court for many months. I agree with TARB. Watson should cut bait and accept the rumoured settlement already proffered by the NFL.

Comment

The NFLPA has already said they will issue a court order to hold off the suspension if the NFL extends it past the 6 games. Which could really cost Watson money if this suspension holds up (full season, 12 games) and it extends into the 2023 season when his pay really sky rockets.

The other thing the NFL is wanting with the indefinite suspension, is that this would require Watson to apply for reinstatement in 2023 with no guarantee it will be granted.

I think this dude may of played his final regular season game in the NFL at this point.

Comment

Goodell will not handle the appeal. It will probably handled by Mary Jo White or Condolleezza Rice. They are supposedly independent of the NFL. So, now, I think that the one year suspension is very unlikely.I now expect eight to ten games.
                          Last edited by TARB; 08-04-2022, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I prefer White over Rice. Whoever it is, I'm hoping for twelve games.

Comment

Goodell has appointed former New Jersey Attorney General Peter C Harvey to hear the NFL's appeal. He previously heard the appeal of Dallas Cowboy running back Ezekial Elliott.

Comment

Working...
                              X