No announcement yet.

How long will Watson's suspension last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodell has appointed former New Jersey Attorney General Peter C. Harvey to hear the NFL's appeal. He previously heard the appeal of Dallas Cowboy running back Ezekiel Elliott.

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post

How could the NFL lose when Goodell will be making the decision upon appeal?
      I was not fully aware of the strange appeal process when I posted that. I dumbfounded that the players association would agree to this but it appears as tho it this is n the agreement the NFL has worth the players, I would think this changes in the next contract.

Comment

Watson should negotiate with the NFL before Harvey lowers the hammer on him.

Comment

So, are Watson and the NFL negotiating before Harvey drops the hammer on Watson?

Comment

Time is running out on Watson. He needs to negotiate a settlement with the NFL before Harvey lowers the boom on him.

Comment

I am expecting Harvey's decision by Friday, August 12th, at the latest. Probably. a one year suspension starting immediately, which would stop Watson from playing in the preseason will be the decision.

Comment

Watson has just said that he would accept an eight game suspension in addition to a five million dollar fine. If he is attempting to negotiate a settlement at this late date, he should make a more realistic settlement like twelve games plus a fine. The NFL would never accept his minuscule offer. Too little, too late!
                Last edited by TARB; 08-12-2022, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Harvey did not release his decision Friday. This is probably to give Watson and the NFL time to negotiate a settlement. I do not expect a settlement mainly because Watson has shown no sign that he is seriously negotiating. I think that it is time for Harvey to drip the hammer on Watson and suspensionpend him for a full year. In my opinion, a serious negotiation by Watson would be willing to accept a twelve game suspension.
                  Last edited by TARB; 08-13-2022, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X