• Show
Clear All

• barnstorm
    commented on 's reply
    Agree.

• RacingCat
    replied
    Originally posted by Mrvolo View Post
    Seems all problems start with early Sunday betting and lines that are questionable.We are only having fun in this contest and sharing winners and info.Why not say,betting starts noon Monday,PT.
    I am commenting on this topic well after the fact, but I think this is a great idea by Mrvolo. I think part of the issue in the past is some of the plays that were posted my some participants on Sunday evening were quoting lines that were not truly available at the time the post was made. I'm certain I saw someone post a play based on the Westgate line which was obviously the look ahead number from earlier in the week but clearly was not something Westgate was offering late Sunday afternoon or evening. In the end, the point of this contest is largely to share logic and information regarding selections so I will certainly follow the rules whatever is ultimately decided.

Leave a comment:

• DaveTuley
    replied
    I know we have some very vocal dissenters, but the playoff question was put to vote a few years back and the majority wanted to keep it with a 5-unit cap and straight bets. It is still the "Play of the Week" contest and should be just each person's best bet of playoff weekend and not a parlay or a 10-unit all-in play that gives that pick so much more weight than at any other time in contest.

I know it's frustrating to "basically be eliminated with one loss"...but with a field of 12-15 or so, you should have to run the table in the playoffs to be the champion. And if multiple people go undefeated and the champion basically wins the tiebreaker because they had the better record in the regular season, again, I have no problem with that. Seems totally fair to me.

Leave a comment:

• Senator L
    replied
    You run a great contest G Cotton. Kudo's to you and Dave and thanks for all the work

Leave a comment:

• Genzo
    replied
    Looking forward to 2022 NFL🏈… happy to return and thank you Cotton for heading the pack for the people.

Leave a comment:

• Xavier Rob
    replied
    This has always been a fun diversion so whatever you want to do is fine with me. My only comment is if you're thinking of changing the post-season, maybe increase the point value bet you have to make each round. For example, first round 2 points, second round 4 points, etc. You must bet each round and if you lose the bet those points are deducted. It still gives an advantage to those who did well in the regular season but allows those behind a way to catch up. I'm not a fan of multiple bets/parlays in the playoffs - since the format is always the one game you are most confident about it should stay that way all season.

Leave a comment:

• Buckeyefan80
    replied
    So with preseason wrapped up and it being week 1 are we waiting until Sunday night to open the contest or will it be opened before?

Leave a comment:

• Buckeyefan80
    commented on 's reply
    Fair enough, I haven’t really looked at other threads discussing it. Like you said, it’s cottons contest and theres not big money so however he wants to do it is fine with me.

• barnstorm
    commented on 's reply
    That's in this thread only. In the past more said we could easily eliminate the flaw in the contest by just waiting until Monday. Name another Contest anywhere that opens up on Sunday night? Hey, I'm just trying to eliminate a flaw in the process that has been abused by a few posters over the years.. No big deal. It'a Cotton'a contest and it's free and no big prize. Its real value is the reasoning for picks.

• Buckeyefan80
    replied
    Originally posted by barnstorm View Post

Really? Despite most saying we should wait until at least Monday? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤷🏻
    Only 2 people said to wait til Monday and 3 were wanting to start on Sunday, everyone else that voiced there opinion said they were good with whatever the consensus is.

Leave a comment:

• barnstorm
    replied
    Originally posted by gcotton View Post
    I think we will still go with Sunday evening as a start time for the new week, since it seems that's when most books are opening their lines.
    Really? Despite most saying we should wait until at least Monday? 🤦🏻‍♂️ 🤷🏻

Leave a comment:

• TARB
    replied
    This survey gas been up forever and it should now be shitcanned.

Leave a comment:

• FreeJack
    replied
    Im good with whatever you guys decide for the lines. As for the playoffs Im cool with the no limit but i dont think we should get into parlays, teasers, etc. Just straight bet.

Leave a comment:

• barnstorm
    commented on 's reply
    Agree.

• Seahawk Rick
    commented on 's reply
    Good riddance to little Russy...He got too big for his britches, and would have been traded after this year no matter what...We got a lot for him, including Denver's 1st round pick this year, so suck Russy, suck!
Working...
X