Week 4 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

ARE THE SHELVES EMPTY AT THE BOMB STORE??........

We thought it could happen, but you never know until it actually happens. I, along with others on the board were very leery of LAC with Herbert needing a gallon of 'fun juice' pumped into him to play...Nothing fun about the game for LAC as JAX is moving from the rear, and looking for the lead. INDY, who I didn't have any faith in at the beginning of week, but came around to after Compass Joe told me he actually put money on them to cover, and even win! Not sure if there is truth to the rumor he got the wager cash from Brett Farve.

With that, a double bomb day that took 50% out of most pools. Will it slow down, or are pools going to done by Halloween?! Who the hell knows! I'm just happy to still have some entries left. Had PHILLY and BALT, but had NO on one pick as I just couldn't keep myself on CLEV last Thursday, and freaked myself out like Chucky was chasing me...Not the movie one, Gruden! Dumbass...Both of us.

MINN could have added to the fireworks but DET went for the long FG instead of trying for the 4th and 5, which they were converting all day...Still lovin' dem kitties though.

Adam is down to 14%
    Million Dollar is down to 18%
    Circa is down to 25%

These numbers are through Week 3, NOT Week 13! Madness I tell ya!

Alright, now to the part of the show where yours truly makes some off the cuff takes on games that I have no idea of who's in or out of on the player side for the most part, I haven't looked at stats, and my head is still spinning from the whacky weekend it was! Feel free to jump in with your thoughts on games I don't mention, or even the ones I do mention. Bring up the injuries you think are important too!

Let's help each other keep this party going!

QUICK LOOK...

[email protected]CINN? MIA is a juggernaut! MIA just went through a very emotional game vs the team they are trying to become, BUFF. Slugfest it was, and Tua knocks himself silly and should be in protocol, not getting ready for a TNF game. Back injury, yeah right. Protocol would have had him miss the game, why do you think they're all lying about it. CINN still hasn't shown much, but this might be there spot to take down the kings of the AFC East...For a few days anyway.

[email protected]BUFF loses a tight one to the MIA Liars, and is realllllly banged up. They have to be beaten up even more after the dogfight in Volo's backyard. BALT O is looking good, but can they stop a BUFF O that was lights out for two weeks, but not as effective vs MIA. A little clock management might have gotten them a W.

[email protected]Division game that the Commandos circle on their calendar says MtHeller's friend who's a fan. I say you can draw all the circles you want, but Carson Wentz is your QB...Cooper Gold Rush is getting it done for dem boys. Seems like an X is more apropos. Nuff said.

[email protected]I'm actually thinking of going on the DET...I think I heard Monday that RB Swift is out for the game, but need to check that. Their backup RB is good too. SEA D is not good, and Goff is playing well this year so far, and the home cooking only helps. Gonna think about it.

[email protected]HOU isn't JAX, but LAC is losing key parts of the roster. They lost their LT Slater who protects Herbert, and Bosa is out a few weeks at least. They've lost their center, WR Keenan Allen and CB Jackson. Some might get back, but the LAC run game has been sucking and you have a QB that is a hit away from a stretcher. Yeah, HOU not great, but their best effort will come out at home. JAX gave them hope that LAC can be slayed.

[email protected]Great win by INDY, but don't forget about TENN, as King Henry is still running hard and can't be counted out. Will INDY have a KC hangover? I think it will be a close one.

[email protected]Compass Rose, our resident Gmen lover isn't all that high on the New York Football Giants, but they are playing inspired football, and Barkly is running hard. Jones at QB isn't Josh Allen, but seems like he's making less mistakes. CHI got their ass kicked by GB and just edge out HOU. A step down in class for NYG. I'm gonna look hard at this one.

[email protected]I've loved PHILLY since I saw them game one, and there's nothing to keep me from thinking they can beat an up and coming JAX team that is all full of themselves after a great start to the season. PHILLY won't take them lightly. They are playing a team with confidence though, so could be closer than you think.

[email protected]Well, with pools getting closer to the 'I think I have a chance' level, more picks will flow to BIG favorites, and GB will be the biggest most likely with Mac Jones out at QB. Brian Hoyer?! Not a rookie, he's got that going for him. GB could get complacent after heavyweight fight vs Tommy Boy last Sunday. If GB takes them seriously, I can see the win going the Packers way, but NE gave BALT all they could handle, and Rodgers isn't Lamar so NE won't need to worry about chasing a cheetah all day. Can Hoyer do enough to keep them in it...We'll see. I'm gonna stay away as I just don't want to be on an unthinkable bomb...Don't tell me it can't happen after what we've seen the first 3-weeks.

[email protected]My under the radar play of the week is PITT at home off a mini-bye where they let Trubisky throw more, and they aren't up against the big boy running game that CLEV pummeled them with. Wilson might be back at QB for NYJ. JETS D and DBs can be thrown on.

MINN/NO is London game.

Get your ideas out there and the reasons the you are picking teams. Coming on here and just posting 'I'm taking ______ and _____ doesn't do anybody any good. Just write a little something about why you like a team or don't like another. The thread is meant to try to keep us off upsets and find teams to get us to the next week.

ADAM 2 starts WEEK 5!!!!! Get your money to him sooner than later as running these things isn't easy. If you need sign up info for Adam's pool, I'll post it here.

Good luck, and get your place-holders in!!!
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 09-27-2022, 05:08 AM.

When I was in the clubhouse last week lol I peeked at this weeks game and ugh the Stillers gravitated towards me but like hawk said their one of those teams they usually put it to me either way butttttttt this year week one I locked both my picks in on cincy over pitt but the last second i said oh shit it’s the Stillers they will put the screws to me lol so I switched Both picks to ravens..

then they blew the game against the clowns to let me get to this point lol so do I ride them this week at home against the crop dusters? I mean it might be the last game they win for the next month.

Green Bay probably be the toast of the town but mr bill will have the pats ready to go but not sure it will be enough .

cowpokes look better with gold rush at qb and they are playin the wtf team that looked so bad at home last week and not so good the prior week at det..so Dallas looks like a gimmie right?..Dallas is famous for playing down to their opponents at home

philly at home.so enticing against jax coming off a big win on the road .

I wouldn’t touch lac this week at all

I’m torn between the PA teams .do I save philly for later and go with pitt hmmmm and for some reason that dude on my shoulder is sayin Raiders ughhh .they need to pick it up with all that offensive talent,and Russ coming to town with that boring playing calling.

to be continued…. Lol

Comment

Pitt could be the play of the winners of Adams Pool,if they win.Picking them frees up a lot of good teams.GB,Eagles to name 2.Comments

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        Vauagly...

If Flacco starts, I'd lean to using them. Wilson could have rust though. They step down in class here, and I think they can make hay! Pondering...

I'm not going on GB.

• Aztec10
        Aztec10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Minkah Fitzpatrick in concussion protocol

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        IFFF I take PITT, I'll gamble Minkah with the extra time will be cleared by Sunday. I've got one pick in Adam, and two in the Million. Can wait until Sunday morning in that one to see who will be active.

Dallas is also an interesting option. I will stay away from LAC with Herbert's rib injury. HOU is playing hard for Lovie. And the Jags scare me and Pederson returns to Philly so they will be fired up. Hoyer is possibly an upgrade over Jones and something is out of sync witjh the GB offense. Rodgers looks unhappy and uncomfortable. Their defense is stout but it will be the top pick I think.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        No way I could make myself take HOU, but do agree that they know they have a very wounded animal coming into town that will give them the feeling they can win. I was way more confident that JAX had a chance to win last week, but HOU can give them a fight.

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        I like DAL too Davey.

Some PFF numbers of note:

Passing: Wash +8 - 63
        Run: DAL +16 -79
        Def: DAL+10 -66
        Pass rush: DAL +23! -86

Numbers play out where it might be similar to DAL/NYG game where DAL runs on WASH and gets pressure/sacks on a less mobile Wentz like PHILLY did.
        Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 09-28-2022, 08:34 PM.

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        Davey, on the PFF numbers, I didn't have DAL next to two of them. The first number is how much their score is ahead of WASH, and the second number is their rating on PFF for that catagory.

I locked in philly with my two plays on adams pool,they updated the forecast for the hurricane to hit venice which is two towns above me so if I don’t see y’all rest of week.good luck!

Comment

• Captainchaos
        Captainchaos commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank ya hawk

Maybe I will be able to do a little more study depends on how tomorrow goes

Good luck with the storm!

I'm a Eagle lover... Hard to tell how good Jax is yet, but they are playing inspired football for Pederson. Homecoming for him.

Comment

With Mac Jones out, Green Bay will destroy New England. By far, the safest play on the board. If GB already used, I think that you have too take your chances with Philadelphia.

Comment

If Tua is out Thursday, is CINN a play? We will know Wednesday if it's gonna be a gimpy Tua or Teddy two gloves. Teddy wouldn't have much, if any solid practice time as they are traveling.

CINN becomes a team to look at IMHO.

Opinions?

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            Are they better with a broken Tua or Teddy with no practice?

• mtheller
            mtheller commented
            Editing a comment
            I do not think Tua is that good of a quarterback. He has play makers to throw to and that makes him look a lot better than he is.

• Aztec10
            Aztec10 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe miami has a tough time recharging the engine traveling on a short week. I think bungles are going to win the game as don't see dolphins a 4-0 team. Buffalo dominated the game, yet somehow found a way to get beat. Coach McDaniel definitely a step up over both flores and gase running a game, just think they spent a lot of emotion the past 2 weeks with the comeback v the ravens and then beating their division rivals that they have been chasing the last few season's. We'll see.

No way GB for me either.Looking at Pitt and Giants,Dallas,Detroit

Comment

• Mrvolo
            Mrvolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Their coach who I like said when he went in to be examined their Dr. and a independent league Dr cleared him and he is fine and practicing.He also said do you think I would play him if he was not OK.Also line would be 7 if he was out.The More I think about this game Miami may be right side.Will let you know if I hear anything.Interesting when team leaves,I assume they have a chartered plane or their own because we are getting a lot of rain in Miami.

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            The coach is a liar... You saw the video. Most coaches lie, but to say his back was the issue when he walked like Mike Tyson just hit him with a punch is asinine.

I'll monitor.

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            He was listed as 'limited' in practice, and a reporter at his press conference said he walked on off the podium like a guy with a stiff back. He didn't sound too confident in his answers, but will give it a shot. They leave Wednesday morning for CINN...

I agree Rick His head snapped back and hit the ground pretty violently. I'd think he'd also have whiplash. I can't believe they let him back in the game. Shows you what they think about his future as their franchise qb.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            I saw him in his press conference Tuesday...When asked about his head, he avoided with the look/sound of someone that was hiding something.

More I think about it I'm starting to lean Pitt. They have had 10 days off and Trubisky is showing signs of life. Not sold on Zach Wilson. He might be rusty. Missing TJ Watt is tough and Fitzpatrick is listed as quest with a concussion. Even so, Tomlin is one tough dude and he gets the best out of his players. A true motivator and one of the best stares/glares in sports

Comment

• mtheller
            mtheller commented
            Editing a comment
            Pittsburgh is 0-6 when Watt does not start.

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            So, they're due!! 😁

SURVIVOR GRID...

I would have thought GB might have gone 45-50%, but PHILLY is in the spotlight, and grabbed a decent chunk. NYG and PITT show up on the board. CINN and MIA right next to each other. Almost indicates a stay away. I like CINN, but how much do I like them. I can't see Tua being anywhere near 100%. IFF I hear he isn't going to play on Thursday, CINN becomes much more interesting...

Click image for larger version

Name:	gridw4.png
Views:	186
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	28732

Comment

I can not believe what i am thinking.Was saving GB for next week (giants) or Jets after that but just saw that NYG is in London and Jets right after that.After Jets GB looks like no easy games so maybe I use them here.I hate to be on the most used team.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              Do whats you gotta do!

Not a total sin to be on big fave... Just not a good long term strategy.

I'm looking at DAL more. Pitt and NYG some too.

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              CINN too if I see that Tua is out... Maybe even if he's in.

• Mrvolo
              Mrvolo commented
              Editing a comment
              Right now looks like Tua plays but why is line only 4.Miami coming off very tough game,Tua banged up,short week and line stays at 4.I used Cinny last week so I do not have to think about this one.Jax in eye of Ian after landfall and players have to be concerned about families,girlfriends,boyfriends,etc.Tough to get ready.Maybe Eagles becomes play.

I've been zig zagging all over the place but have most likely settled on the Bengals. With Adam2 starting next week I'm gonna take a flyer. Miami is coming off 2 emotional wins and their defense was on the field for 40 minutes against the Bills. With the short week, travel and Tua's uncertain health status I think the Bengals get it done. They seem to have shrugged off the remnants of the Super Bowl hangover and Joe Brrr has shaken off the rust and the after effects of the appendix surgery. They will be heavily motivated to squish the Fish and get back to .500. Good luck all

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking at them... Not sure if it's better to have gimpy Tua or fresh Teddy with no practice. Like DAL too more and more.

Wilson likely to start for NYJ.

How does that change to equation?

Comment

Working...
            X