2022 NFL P.O.W. Contest Week 9 (Nov 3-7); Post Selections Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win,Lose,Lose,Lose,Lose,Lose,Lose,Lose= 1-7

I surrender, capitulate, give in, yield, concede, submit, give way, acquiesce, back down, cave, relent, relinquish, succumb,
    crumble and QUIT!!

Nah I don't. I'm in this to the bitter end. Atlanta +3.5 South Point.

Atlanta rush offense vs LA rush defense pretty much says it all.

Comment

• bimmercando
      bimmercando commented
      Editing a comment
      It's as difficult to pick 7 of 8 losers as it is to pick winners.
      Well Done!
      I should fade your picks but law of averages state you'll win one this weekend.
      GL !

• Seahawk Rick
      Seahawk Rick commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the tenacity... 😁

Nov 6 - Week 9
    POW - 6-2-0 = 6

The leader had me looking at the numbers and I just
    love going against Indi ref offence and especially away games.
    These "Dead Bolts" ( offense only ) averaged 1.5 pts of offence
    in the 1st half when on the road. They upped it to avg 5.4 pts
    for all 8 games 1st half.
    The 1H totals ( Indi vs _ ) averaged just over 17 pts in 8 games.
    In away games the total avgd 13 pts for the 1H.
    5 of 8 1st halves played Under the total. 3 of 3 away games Under 1H.

On the Baaaahstan front,
    NE avgd 9.9 pts offence in the 1stH in 8 games.
    In Home games avgd 14.3pts of offence.
    Only 1 of 3 Home games went under 1H whereas 6 of 8 1stH totals
    played Under the number for 1H.

I'm banking on Dead Bolt missfires early and going UNDER 1st Half
    as don't want to fight the contest leader just yet. I see a 24 -13 game
    and a 13-6 1st half score. ( That's with giving 3 points extra buffer to Indi !)

Indi-NE 1st H UNDER
    19.5 - WYNN
    Last edited by bimmercando; 11-04-2022, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• chamoinla
      chamoinla commented
      Editing a comment
      I am glad I got your interest in this game.I agree with you,The Colts are doing pretty bad.New England allow 20 points per game this season though,If The Colts can score 6 in the 1st half and one Td in the 2nd half I like my chances.Looking forward to get it on with you soon!GL!

0-4

BUFF -11.5 Westgate

Buffalo is on a mission this year. I like the Bills to go into NJ and embarrass the Jets, Zach Wilson is not going to score with Allen and will make mistakes. This one could get ugly fast.

Comment

3-5

HOUSTON TEXANS +14 (CIRCA)

Just as stinky as my record is the Texans. Why on earth would someone take this team against the only undefeated team in the NFL so far? Because it is the NFL and books do not give out free money. I see a closer game than expected as the Eagles cruise in undefeated and maybe throw in a cluinker that is good enough to win but not cover. Philly 24-13.

Comment

POW (5-3)

Eagles/Hou under 45 1/2 ... (South Point)

I think if the Eagles get out to a nice lead they will start running the ball more. And the only way Houston can stay in the game is to run the ball, with no WR Brandin Cooks or Nico Collins. Look at many of the total score lines for Houston games, many of them fail to even get out of the 20's. Eagles win like 33 to 10.

Comment

POW (5-3)

Seahawks/Cardinals under 50 ... (Caesars)

These 2 teams played 3 weeks ago and scored a combined 28 points. I think I will take the under this week and see if they can do it again

Comment

NFL POW (4-4-0)

Philly -14 (across the board)

It's an awful lot of points and maybe a trap game, but I'm not enamored with the other games this week so I'll ride with the only undefeated team left. Texans without Collins and with the Philly defense can't see Texans doing much. Plus, double-digit favorites are 19-7 ATS (73%) on TNF since 2000. The short week typically favors the better team and that is definitely the Eagles.

Comment

NFL POW 5-3-0
              Texans +14 (Circa)

See a sleepy game in Houston tonight with all attention on World Series. Mills can do enough to keep within # and of course backdoor always open. Line has jumped 5 points from open. How bout 27- 17

Comment

NFL POW (4-4-0 YTD)

eagles -14

Sneaking this in just minutes before the game kicks off. Laying 14 points on the road is by far the heaviest favorite I’ve ever taken but I’m okay with it in this spot. Sorry for the short explanation I just wanna make sure I get this off on time

Comment

Since I got that off in time I will add to the above. I think the eagles formula travels well (strong defense and run game) and I’m hoping that the changes to the Texans offense with their trades will be difficult to adjust to after just 3 days. I also like the under.

Comment

3-5
                    Bengals -7 Westgate

After getting embarrassed last week on national TV, Bengal are for sure the more superior team. just when you thought they were pulling it together from the super bowl appearance hangover, they lay a dud. Carolina is terrible and will continue to trend downwards. I like Cincy to win by double digits even without Chase in the lineup.

Comment

P.O.W. 4 - 4
                      Patriots -5.5 Colts
                      Once again, the Colts are playing without a QB. Ehrlinger sure isn't the answer and playing in New England, seven points should be enough for the Pats, shutting out Indy is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Comment

POW 4-4
                        New England -5.5 Caesars

It's NE last game before their bye.
                        According to the sports geek.com: New England is 30-11 ATS in its last 41 games vs. Team with a Losing Record.
                        Bill Belichick is 28-9 SU and 24-12-2 ATS after facing the Jets over the last 20 years, including 10-1 SU and 9-2 ATS since 2016 per Action Network.
                        Mac Jones just had his 1st ATS cover last week.

Teams met last year & NE covered as a 1 point favorite.
                        A second year QB facing Bill B. for the first time.
                        That usually does not end well for the QB.

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (4-4-0)

Las Vegas -2 (Circa)

Raiders were skunked last week and have to be red-faced after that one. Carr usually bounces back after a bad performance
                          and lights it up. Jags are slumping and should have some jet lag from the London trip. Lawrence has not been franchise QB
                          quality of late either. Big Raider rebound here.
                          The man on the mountaintop didn’t fall there. . . . Vince Lombardi

Comment

Congrats to those that took the horrible Texans and the 2 TD's.... Nice cover and contest win!

Comment

Working...
                            X