Tennessee at Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee at Georgia

This game seems to be an elimination game from the playoffs for the loser. Actually, Tennessee might survive a loss since Tennessee has beaten Alabama.If 1-loss Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC Championship game and Tennessee has only 1 loss to Georgia, Tennessee would probably make the playoffs as the Blogs seed. That being said, I like Georgia -8 over Tennessee. I think that Georgia rushes for about 250 yards, keeping QB Hooker on the sidelines and its defense fresh. Georgia by 10 to 17 points. How about Georgia 38 - Tennessee 24?

This game is hard for me to gauge. Tenn defense will give up some points. Is Georgia's defense more superior than Tenn offense? Does the Bulldogs mentality of "been there, done that" carry them with experience or is Tenn hungry to be at the top of the food chain? I think this game is decided on either a few busted plays on defense that leads to Tenn points or a few big defensive turnovers that lead to points for Georgia. I know this does not say much about the spread, but I feel like this is the biggest test for both Tenn offense and Georgia's defense. I'm torn, but I will bet the game, just don't know which direction yet.

Comment

I thought going into the intitial rankings last night that Tennessee is the better team and the polls agreed. Tennessee has shown they can win (5 W's against Top 25). Their offense has shown they can score. Granted UGA hasn't given up many points this season, but this will be the fastest offense they have faced. If the game was in Knoxville, I would take Tenn. ML. In Athens though, I take the points as this is going to be a final possession game.

Comment

With Alabama and Tennessee losing TCU which I know nothing about except they are undefeated should move up a few spots.We May see some new faces in playoffs this year.

Comment

• Mrvolo
          Mrvolo commented
          Editing a comment
          Just looked at rankings and TCU should be number one this week and if they win out are in.
          Right now Georgia,Ohio State ,Michigan,TCU and if UCLA,Oregon and USC win out it will get interesting.

Meant no. 4

Comment

Not going out on a limb here for this coming week
          Georgia
          Ohio State
          Michigan
          TCU

Comment

Obvious top 3 not sure how they look at schedules but I will say Oregon jumps TCU just on appearance that the pac 12 has look better than the big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by steviev View Post
              Obvious top 3 not sure how they look at schedules but I will say Oregon jumps TCU just on appearance that the pac 12 has look better than the big 12.
              Can't agree.

49-3.

'Nuff said.

I can't put a team that lost by a million ahead of an unbeaten Power 5 team. Just can't do it.

The way it looks now:

SEC will probably get a spot
              Ohio State/Michigan gets one
              TCU wins out they get one (I do not think they will but if they do)

As for a 4th spot:

If GA wins SEC and Vols win out I can see Vols being strongly considered
              If USC/Oregon win out I can very easily see the Pac-12 winner getting a spot

Comment

Originally posted by Winkyduck View Post

Can't agree.

49-3.

'Nuff said.

I can't put a team that lost by a million ahead of an unbeaten Power 5 team. Just can't do it.

The way it looks now:

SEC will probably get a spot
                Ohio State/Michigan gets one
                TCU wins out they get one (I do not think they will but if they do)

As for a 4th spot:

If GA wins SEC and Vols win out I can see Vols being strongly considered
                If USC/Oregon win out I can very easily see the Pac-12 winner getting a spot
                I agree with you, but let's remember the committee's favorite phrase "The body of work". Oregon was supposed to get killed and they did. But let's be honest when was a number 4 seed even close to competitive in the final 4. Big reason why no expansion is needed. TCU will be pretty big underdog against Texas so that tells you all you need to know about their schedule and what oddsmakers think of the big 12 is weak. The committee is big on how they are playing at end of season. I hate to say it but other than Ohio State and Michigan the best teams are in SEC. I would say if Alabama played TCU Alabama would be favored by 17 or 18. Shows the huge difference in the SEC and then everyone else.

Good conversation. It will be interesting if TCU wins Saturday that's for sure.

Comment

Working...
                X