Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 11 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

SEE YA LAS VEGAS LATERS!!!...

Does Robert Kraft have a plane fueled and ready to pick up Joshy Boy McDaniel's after that abomination vs INDY?! Bad enough they lose a bunch of games they had a lead in, but now they lose to a coach who has very pretty eyes among other things...NFL coaching experience isn't one of those other things. What a way to go out of a pool.

DET beats CHI, PITT beat NO, CAR beat ATL...Not major upsets, but enough to knock a few out of pools, and every player out, gets you closer to Chopsville! SF gave Davey and VOLO and anyone else on them some hypertension with that game Sunday night. Part of the fun boys, part of the fun...

The Vikes might be better than we thought they were...Is GB still in it to make a run for a wild card?...MIA looked like a team that could win the East...Steelers just won't go easily...

I don't think we have any other people in bigger pools on the board, but these guys are in a dogfight.

Every week will be tougher and tougher after watching good teams lose, or be in close games the week before. Time to do some bargain hunting here and there as these pools might go into December without any big favorites that will take out 60% of a pool in one game. Not the worst thing to do to get some light mapping going.

Sooooo...Here we go!

QUICK TAKES...

[email protected]Baker Boy is back at QB, not that it matters a huge amount as he probably has a slight concussion after all those head-butts with guys wearing helmets last week! Hard to pick against them, but see how many others have BALT to use, as it might be a stay away to be off the big pool-buster.

[email protected]I think BUFF will be just a little salty after losing the MINN game a few times. I'd put a few American dollars on them to beat the Elfs.

[email protected]This isn't LVR INDY is playing this week...Writing this as MNF is at halftime. If PHIL wins a close one or gets upset, They'll come out like a Game of Thrones Dragon who got his tail stepped on!

[email protected]Division game, and PITT has the faith to beat CINN off the bye one more time.

[email protected]LAC lost to SF, but played well enough to win. They'll bring the A-game vs Patty and the boys. I'll take this KC offense over the SF one.

[email protected]9ers made a nice showing in the LAC game and fought hard to get the W. ARI got a win over a Staffordless RAMS team, but SF will have more to bring to the table in this one.

Not seeing a lot of other shiny objects to latch onto. NO is a possible under the radar play. Maybe Great Clips Davis will fire Josh and hire the scoreboard operator!

Look hard at the injuries boys, and run scared. History remembers the bold! That win...Not the bold guys that lose, they are just remembered as donkeys!

GOOD LUCK!!!!
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 11-14-2022, 07:59 PM.

Here we are in week 11 and running out of teams to pick.Somehow I have Eagles left and right now that will be my play this week.Have a,as
    Rick says,light map and some tough weeks ahead.Will be happy to get there.More Thursday.

Comment

Of the teams on your list, BAL is the only one available to me. The other options are lukewarm at best: NO NYG ATL. I'm 90% on the Ravens. As I stated in a previous post, if I'm going to go down in flames, it'll be on a double digit home fave. IMHO, this isn't the time to get too cute or clever. Plus, as volo says, most of the time the decision is made for you as you start running out of teams. I can see this pool getting to January before the chop comes. I have mapped out a path to week 17 that looks plausible but then things will get real dicey. But as the great Scottish poet Robbie Burns said: "The best laid plans of mice and men are apt to go astray."

Comment

• DaveyShines
        DaveyShines commented
        Editing a comment
        I agree wholeheartedly on the luck factor. I think these pools are a 50/50 split on luck and skill or whatever you want to call it. I also agree that there is no such thing as a lock. I think we've all watched enough football over the years to realize that. But to me it's all about playing the percentages and firing your best bullet.

• Mrvolo
        Mrvolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Eagles open at 6.5 and I now re thinking pick.Stay tuned in.

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        TP King Swagger theory in play on Philly?

Just curious. In these contests what happens if you take Buffalo and they get 2 or 3 feet of snow and the game gets canceled or
      re-scheduled?

Comment

• Mrvolo
        Mrvolo commented
        Editing a comment
        If game is re-Scheduled you move on to next week and continue.When game is played if you win OK,if lose you go back to original week and you are out.If season ends and game is not played it is a loss.

• DaveyShines
        DaveyShines commented
        Editing a comment
        There would have to be 6 feet of snow for them to cancel. Those Western New Yorkers are a tough breed. πŸ˜„

SURVIVORGRID.COM....

WOW, I didn't think we'd see a giant favorite the rest of the year, but ass-cheeks get tight when the numbers of entries get low, and people run to the what they think is the safe pick. Not blaming anyone for taking BALT, they have as good or bad a chance to win as we've seen upset after upset. BALT is rising and just a few bad plays from having a couple more wins. SF is actually the bigger favorite ATS, but may have been used by now in most pools. BUFF will be in a snow bowl says the weather report.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2022-11-16-14-49-17-35_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	30380
      ​
      Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 11-16-2022, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• DaveyShines
        DaveyShines commented
        Editing a comment
        The ass cheeks are getting so tight they're starting to squeak. πŸ˜†

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        Believe me, after going through it last year in the million. Dollar pool, I couldn't even breathe the last week!

So, how many are alive in Adam 1?

Comment

Locked and loaded on the Ravens. πŸ€πŸ€ž

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        You go boy!!!

• Mrvolo
        Mrvolo commented
        Editing a comment
        GL,on Eagles and hope to put a pick up next week.

• DaveyShines
        DaveyShines commented
        Editing a comment
        Same to you sir. Let's get to week 12.

Everyone who could take BAL took them. 12 for 12.

Comment

ADAM SUMMARIES...

Wow, 70% on BALT in Adam 2. The Commandos and the Pack get some love too. A lot of eyes on those Ravens this week, with Davey already lining up his pharmaceuticals to have them ready to take by the hand full! Volo will have his own fun with the Eagles and see if they can start flying again after their wings got clipped.

Welcome Back, My Friends, to the Show That Never Ends...
        O
        O
        ADAM 1 ADAM 2

Name:	adam1 w11.png
Views:	93
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	30419 Click image for larger version

Name:	adam 2 w11.png
Views:	71
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	30420

Comment

• DaveyShines
          DaveyShines commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that ELP reference. Nothing but rosary beads and holy water for me muchacho.😁

The way that Washington ran the ball on Philadelphia last week makes me worried that the Colts can do the same thing. Philadelphia picked up two veteran defensive linemen this week to shore up its defense, Joseph and Suh. I need Philadelphia to keep winning to secure my play on the Eagles to win the NFC East Division.

Comment

ELIZABETH HURLEY SURVIVOR FANTASY PICK...

Three in-a-row! With Thanksgiving almost here, I'm going to try to treat my 'bird' over in London town to a fine night out on the town! I have a feeling I'll be treating myself to a pint of warm beer and stale nuts...Cuz my nuts won't be getting a treat from my Queen! Ugh.

BALT...Baker Boy at QB...That's all I need to go BALT, who is on the ascending part of their season. They will be a tough out by the time the playoffs get here and they've hit their grove.

WEEK 1: NO - W
          WEEK 2: DEN - W
          WEEK 3: PHILLY - W
          WEEK 4: DAL - W
          WEEK 5: JAX - L
          WEEK 6: MINN​ - W
          WEEK 7: NE​ - L
          WEEK 8: BUF - W
          ​
          WEEK 9: KC - W
          WEEK 10: SF - W
          WEEK 11: BALT

Cocktail time...I'll feed her olives

Name:	lizw11.png
Views:	84
Size:	402.2 KB
ID:	30438
          ​

Comment

Just read that Buffalo may not be able to get out of Buffalo and there is talk they would forfeit game.This would be interesting.Anybody know about this?

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              From the photos and video I've seen, I don't know how they get to an airport. The airport isn't open, so I'd think they need to drive to a different one. They really can't move the game to a different day with BUFF playing Thursday. If I was on BUFF in Survivor, I'd be freaking out!

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              They could even fly out on Sunday morning and delay the game even to later in the day. The NFL DOES NOT want a forfeit.

CIRCA SUMMARY...

Falcons get on the board along with NO & Commandos. GB already knocked out 3.

Name:	Screenshot_2022-11-19-20-03-54-10_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	30460​​​​​​​

Comment

CONGRATS to Volo and Davey for some gut-wrenching wins!

Now have a Oxycolada to bring your blood pressure back down!

NYG knocks a few out...

Comment

• DaveyShines
                DaveyShines commented
                Editing a comment
                Ravens looked discombobulated for 3 quarters. I'm sure volo was suffering some palpitations with the Eagles in the 4th quarter. Don't forget that next week's deadline is Wed at 8pm PST because of Turkey Day. On to week 12.

• Mrvolo
                Mrvolo commented
                Editing a comment
                Congratulations Davey,to win on last play was very exciting in our house.Right now looking at Seattle in week 12.
                Will talk more in week 12.

Houston is really bad. You could do worse than picking against them for the rest of the season. 2nd play of the game is a pick 6 for the commandos. Outcome was never in doubt.

Comment

Working...
              X