Any Soccer fans in here?The World Cup 🌍 start today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Soccer fans in here?The World Cup 🌍 start today

The biggest sporting event in the world starts in less than 3 hours.

1. The FIFA World Cup

For about one month every four years, most of the world's inhabitants stop everything they're doing to watch 32 qualifying countries battle it out for supremacy.

The flag-thrusting, fire-starting passion of the fans and the breathtaking foot skills shown on the pitch mesh to create the most beloved tournament in the world.
    ​
    First match:Ecuador+123

GL

Ecuador+123 Winner!

Comment

Nice job, chamoinla!

Comment

Look forward to more plays...hoping my old friend Rob Auerbach pops in (trying to remember his old VFV posting handle). I know he recommends looking for spot to bet the Draw in these early pool games.

Comment

I got the Ecuador 2-0 correct score hit to start the tournament at 9-1 odds... Nice to start up +900 on the month, lol..

Also have a couple of plays on both USA and Canada making it to the round of 16. Canada at +400 and USA at +225.. hoping to cash both. Will try and post my plays daily. Not sure if it will be on each match, will at least have 1 of the 3 matches in play each dayπŸ˜‰

Comment

Nice to see our mentor response and stamp of approval.From now on I will be posting more plays.Today I’ve already hit England at -1.5 and Netherlands at -1.5.Nice job Gcotton! I will watch the USA team 1st match against Wales,They are very similar in talent.Although It remind to be seen how the USA team defense will perform at this level.A small lean to the under 2.5 goals.Tomorrow plays,Denmark -1 and Poland +185.

GL​

Comment

Hey, guys...I'm in VSiN's BetsGiving contest where I'm taking on the broadcast shows (and was dissed with odds of 16-1 by Circa Sports, but I love being the dog LMEAO). Anyway, I'm obviously going with my own football picks on Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday...but we have to make a bet on the USA-England game on Friday, so would love any input from VFV Nation!!!!! I want to stick with my "dog-or-pass" philosophy but wondering if USA worthy of a play at around +500 in 3-way betting (odds can be from any market on DraftKings) or if I should go with maybe +1 -120 or Under 2.5 EV or if the play should be on the Draw around +325...thoughts?

Comment

Well, after the USA debacle on Monday, they need probably 4 total points to advance. Which would be at least a draw and a win in their next two matches. I'm sure they will get the "W" against Iran next week, which means they need to at least get a draw on Friday.

I know they will do whatever they can to get the outright win, but a draw is what I am seeing at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by gcotton View Post
                  Well, after the USA debacle on Monday, they need probably 4 total points to advance. Which would be at least a draw and a win in their next two matches. I'm sure they will get the "W" against Iran next week, which means they need to at least get a draw on Friday.

I know they will do whatever they can to get the outright win, but a draw is what I am seeing at this point.
                  If they Draw vs. England (and Wales also plays them to a Draw or they both lose), it'll come down to goal differential so hopefully Wales doesn't rout Iran like England did.

Comment

Crazy day at the WC today so far. If not the biggest upset in the history of the WC, one of them for sure. Saudi Arabia put together two great individual pieces of play to get their two goals within a blistering 5 minutes and then hung on for dear life. Denmark had another shutout – their 9 in their last 11 matches. But it wasn’t enough as they couldn’t put together enough creativity to break down the stubborn Tunisian defense.

Yesterday the USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ For the first 35 minutes, were really good. They employed β€œpressure”, not necessarily a press, but every time the back two of Wales had possession in their own third just outside of the box – Weah, Seargent, and Pulisic gave them zero room to operate.but The USA never really adjusted to Moore’s hold up play and started to be sloppy in possession. It is inexcusable at this level of play. Dave of all your bet choices I will lean to the under 2.5 goals. England already has a 6-2 win on the board, and if they beat the US, they will likely rotate the squad for the final match against Wales. Which means Wales could likely face a weaker England than the US does compromising The US qualification to the next round.

GL.
                    ​

Comment

France -1.5 vs Australia

Comment

It was only fitting the World 🌎 champs will show up to restore order. Australia score first…. Alarm bells go…. And then get blitzed.

There is one major takeaway here even for the most casual of fan. Speed and ball movement of France is the best we have seen by far.

Germany vs Japan under 3

Japan play together a lot and are organized and can defend.

Spain-2 -112

Costa Rica really cant match up at all with Spain and will likely bunker in and be defending all match.

GL.
                        ​

Comment

You had that Costa Rica call pegged. They had ZERO shots on goal.
                          And Germany spent more time preparing their protest then they did preparing for the match with Japan.

Comment

Thanks rockman in pa for the nice comment.And Happy Thanksgiving to you all!πŸ¦ƒ

On to Thursday pick.

Switzerland / Cameroon – Under 2 +127 This is a tough group with Brazil(My pick to win the cup)and Serbia.Cameroon really is on a bad run of form,but unlike the Cameroonians of the past they tend to play a very compact style,which should suit them here for their game against Switzerland.I think this matchup is two very similar styles,with both strengths being the defensive core and based on the nature of this game in the group both should come out very tight.

Thursday leans;

S Korea + 0.5 +121

Brazil -1 -148

GL
                            ​

Comment

• chamoinla
                              chamoinla commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Switzerland / Cameroon – Under 2 +127 Winner.

Korea is lucky not to be down 1-0.I see Uruguay attacking more in the 2nd half.Uruguay +102 live.

GL.

No writeups. Thanksgiving. Family. πŸ¦ƒ

Senegal -151

England -1 -122

GL.

Comment

Working...
                            X