Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 13 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

YAWWWWWNNNNNNNER...

Which is a great thing if you are in a pool getting down to the few, the proud, the survivors. Great job by Volo and Davey to keep their trains on the tracks with games that didn't make them sweat, unless they were running off pregame stress on their treadmills!

Seattle losing (UGH) and NE knocked a few out, but another week without the big kahuna being blown out of the water. BUFF's near miss would have dented Circa as they have the Thanksgiving 'mini-week', but Joshy boy had enough game to get them into FG position with a throw only he and a few others can make.

Enough crap about last week...Lets get our boys to Week 14 by finding some winners. They posted in the Week 12 thread who they have left they like, but we can knock them around here.

QUICK TAKE...

[email protected]Road/division game. NE D is decent, and Lord Bellllycheat always has a few wrinkles. Volo and Davey don't have BUFF to use I'm pretty sure.

[email protected]I think this is a dangerous spot for MINN facing a Jets team that has a QB giving them a spark, and a defense that can slow down Captain Kirk and the boys.

[email protected]If it's a game about who's QB can go more nuts on Twitter, BALT wins! DEN would be a AFC force if they could score 20-points in all their games so far. I know, they didn't, but the D is good, and maybe DEN throws the kitchen sink at BALT in desperation mode with their offense. The issue is BALT's D has risen to 9th in the PFF rankings. I'm hoping DEN loses so the draft picks they give the Seachickens this draft are even better!

[email protected]Can King Henry make a difference in this one and take PHILLY boys down. TENN 3rd in run D with PHILL at 9th on PFF. PHILL 3rd in passing, and with Hurts running so well, I'd ride the home team in this one.

[email protected]Well, a brand new QB in a sense will lead CLEV on the road to his old stomping grounds to see if Watson can massage a victory against his former home boys. It's a bet against HOU has much as it is a pick on CLEV. HOU will give their best shot to not give the Elf's a happy ending...Yeah, I know, just had to do it though!

[email protected]I know SEA will play better D, as they can't play any worse than they did vs LVR. Damn...Smoke would have slowed them down more. The offense was fine, even though the run game wasn't strong. I know they will improve on the run D, and with Stafford most likely out along with Kupp and Donald on D, it sets up for a SEA W. Hard to belive they are 8-point faves on the road. Check for injuries on this one as late as you can on Thursday.

[email protected]Hard to back the Saturday crew, cuz they are playing on Sunday! DAL needs wins to hand close to PHIL in the division, and the home cooking against a lackluster Dolts offense will setup well for the Da Boys.

[email protected]I feel TB is getting the engine running and know they can get the division with solid play and bump up their seeding if they keep winning. As Davey said in the Week 12 thread, NO is TB's kryptonite for the most part, even though TB beat them in the voo-doo dome earlier this year. If I was to bet $1, I'll take TB. SF only scored 13 on the NO D and the TB D ranks 19th in PFF, not 3rd like SF's...

Read, watch, listen to all you can in the next few days and a team will appear for you to ride the Week 13 rollercoaster with!

GOOD LUCK BOYS!!! ​
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 11-29-2022, 08:32 PM.

Could use a few more like week 12. Almost an anti-climax. My initial instinct is to take Cleveland. My other options are Seattle and TBay on MNF. So far, going with my gut has worked and I don't see any reason to change unless something drastic arises in the next 48 hrs or so. I think there will be an interesting spread of picks this week and possibly a couple of upsets. Lucky #13? Let's hope so.πŸ˜€

Comment

I'll fix some of the text that turned into links up above at some point. The editor doesn't like a hashtag. #

Comment

I guess you and I will split this pool as I have Cleveland also with Seattle next week and TB in week 17.Looks like Cleveland will be top pick.
        Never a good spot to be in.

Comment

GL to us. I will wait to see if I survive this week before getting down to mapping in Week 14. 6 teams have byes next week but none are them are currently in a playoff spot so it really won't have a significant impact. Seattle will be facing a fiesty Panther team that'll be coming off a bye. I will be watching the Seahawks closely this week to see if their defense improves, especially against the run.

Comment

• Mrvolo
            Mrvolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Looks like Cleveland will have twice as many picks as Seattle and how do we know Watson will be 100% in return.Will look a little longer.

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't see CLEV playing worse with Watson in. HOU knows him well, but playing against him for the first time, not knowing how they'll use him will be tough on the defense. I think he sparks CLEV, and his legs make the difference in the Elfs rubbing out the Texans!

SEA is one where I see they can bounce back as their offense isn't the issue, it's focusing all week on the run defense that was atrocious. They've played some decent D just a few weeks ago, and they'll improve against a very banged up LAR team. Like Davey eluded to, CAR is feisty, and could be a handful for SEA next week, but lets see how they play this week.

Yes I am conflicted too but have decided to stick with my gut and stay with the Browns. GL with your decision.

Comment

SURVIVORGRID.COM...

CLEV on top as we knew would happen, but not as many as I would have thought. Lot's of teams down to the 1% cutoff. SEA and LAR get action and playing each other. If pools dilute themselves like this, a number of players will be going bye-bye!

Click image for larger version

Name:	gridw13.png
Views:	144
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	30794

Comment

That LAR stat is a real head scratcher. 8 point dog at home??

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                Seahawk Rick commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't dug in to see who's out besides their star players. SEA is pretty healthy. They need to find a giant tube of hole filler on the defense.

4-points is a hellava jump.

• DaveyShines
                DaveyShines commented
                Editing a comment
                I mean, who in their right mind would take an 8 pt dog as their pick??? That must be a serious computer snafu.

Going with Seattle,GL and see you in week 14.

Comment

• DaveyShines
                DaveyShines commented
                Editing a comment
                πŸ€žπŸ™πŸ€

ADAM POOL SUMMARIES...

The Elf's take the top spot this week as we knew they would, not other wood the Watson was going for during is massage table sessions. Couldn't resist. Good luck on them Davey!

Those crazy Seachickens are picked by a good number of people hoping they find a giant band aid to put on that gaping wound in their defense. I haven't been following it all season, but 'Stanford Steve' on ESPN is still alive in their pool that's down to .06 of the players left. He doesn't like to take road teams whenever possible, but this week, his pick is SEA. You're running in good company Volo!

A few people must have seen my POW pick on the Deeeeetroit Kitties as they grabbed a vote in both pools. Not sure I've ever seen a true underdog picked in a pool, but there's two.

Lot's of action in Adam 2 with 12 teams picked. Another dog in ATL picked. MINN gets a vote in both pools, but watch out for those pesky JETS.

We're gonna lose some players this week, how many, nobody knows!
              O
              O
              ADAM 1

Name:	adam1 w13.png
Views:	114
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	30834
              ADAM 2

Name:	adam2 w13.png
Views:	106
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	30835

Comment

ELIZABETH HURLEY SURVIVOR FANTASY PICK...

Five wins in-a-row should make Lizzy want me more than ever! She keeps saying just one more, just one more...Hmmmm...She's not playing is she? I don't care, use me baby, use me!

SEA...LAR is a rusty bucket of bolts right now with more guys on IR than there are Kardashians... SEA just has to slow down the Lambs run game, and they can grab a W.

WEEK 1: NO - W
                WEEK 2: DEN - W
                WEEK 3: PHILLY - W
                WEEK 4: DAL - W
                WEEK 5: JAX - L
                WEEK 6: MINN​ - W
                WEEK 7: NE​ - L
                WEEK 8: BUF - W
                ​
                WEEK 9: KC - W
                WEEK 10: SF - W
                WEEK 11: BALT - W
                WEEK 12: NYJ - W
                WEEK 13: SEA

Like a summer day...

Name:	lizw13.png
Views:	95
Size:	975.5 KB
ID:	30850
                ​

Comment

CIRCA...

JAX and MINN huh....Those could be heartburn makers.

Name:	circaw13.png
Views:	78
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	30927

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                    Seahawk Rick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CLEV is creating an ulcer for Davey in the 2nd qtr. Lots of football left...

• Seahawk Rick
                    Seahawk Rick commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A little tense, but a W it is Davey... Good win!

• DaveyShines
                    DaveyShines commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Whew, I was reaching for the Pepto Bismol in the first half. But the punt return and 2 defensive scores were enough. Watson looked like a 3rd stringer. I guess not playing in a real game for 2 years has taken a toll. On to week 14 where I have 3 options SEA LV and TENN. Right now, my gut is telling me the Seahawks. Rick's team is playing tough, inspired football. Even with their problems at rb and Carolina off the bye, I like their chances in front of a raucous home crowd. Now, the line has dropped from -7 to -5 but I think it'll tick back up. I can't trust the Raiders and Tennessee is perhaps best saved for week 16 at home vs Houston.
                    Last edited by DaveyShines; 12-05-2022, 05:27 AM.
                Working...
                X