Final Week of ViewFromVegas NCAA Contest as we crown champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Week of ViewFromVegas NCAA Contest as we crown champion

zorba62 has been our leader most of the season and he's closing in on the title, though two contestants (Joey the Wise and phatman) are still mathematically alive to catch him and force a tiebreaker next week during Championship Weekend! Congrats to all of our top contenders on a fine season, including Jlbowls2 who is technically in second place right now but doesn't have enough plays left to catch Zorba:

zorba62 56.0...5-2...55
    NEBRASKA ***WIN***
    VIRGINIA ***LOSS***
    WASHINGTON ***WIN***
    OHIO ST. ***WIN***
    PURDUE ***WIN***
    TULANE ***LOSS***
    USC ***WIN***

Jlbowl2 48.0...4-2....52
    MEMPHIS ***WIN***
    VIRGINIA ***LOSS***
    WASHINGTON ***WIN***
    MICHIGAN ***LOSS***
    UTAH ST.
    KANSAS ST. ***WIN***
    PURDUE ***WIN***

Joey The Wise 49.0...2-3...51
    OKLAHOMA ***WIN***
    BOISE ST.
    BYU
    STANFORD ***WIN***
    MARYLAND ***LOSS***
    TEXAS A&M ***LOSS***
    ARIZONA ST. ***LOSS***

phatman 48.0...3-4...51
    WAKE FOREST ***WIN***
    WISCONSIN ***LOSS***
    FLORIDA ***WIN***
    MARYLAND ***LOSS***
    KANSAS ST. ***WIN***
    NEVADA ***LOSS***
    ARIZONA ST. ***LOSS***

Congrats to zorba62 as our ViewFromVegas NCAA Contest Champion...I believe he clinched when the Big Ten losses by Maryland and Wisconsin went final to eliminate Joey the Wise and phatman from being able to catch him, but he pretty much assured himself of the title with a very solid season (55-28, 66.3% going into final play) and finishing strong down the stretch, including solid 4-2 so far this weekend to keep his cushion.

zorba62 wins 2 nights at the Westgate plus dinner for 2 with yours truly on his next visit to Vegas (and this reminds me I still owe him a ViewFromVegas shirt from his weekly win earlier this season

Congrats to all our weekly winners as well...and we'll recap this again with the weekly results thread next Tuesday along with the NFL contest that is ongoing. GLA

Comment

Pending a final audit, here's the unofficial Top 10 with ties...zorba62 finishes 56-28 (66.7%)...nice late run by TEXAN73 and Lancelawson to crack the Top 5:
      zorba62 56.0
      Joey The Wise 53.0
      Jlbowl2 52.0
      TEXAN73 52.0
      Lancelawson 52.0
      phatman 51.0
      tjsfinest 50.0
      juicebox 50.0
      rich2357 49.0
      afelder 49.0
      brandonvanhoesen 49.0
      Strmchsr1 49.0
      Archie8 49.0

Comment

Thanks Dave for hosting,, always good times,, and something to look forward to on Friday nights!! Congrats to Zorba for winning!! Way to finish Zorba,,, always hard to find games that would allow to move up in the standings,, and obviously I did not do a very good job!!

Comment

Congrats Zorba!!! I have said for a few years now that this CFB contest is one of the toughest in all of sports. When you have a limited card each week, it really makes you look at games, that maybe weren't on your radar. So to hit at an almost 67% clip is really impressive!

Comment

Great job Zorba! Raid the mini-bar at the Westgate when you go there, it's on Cotton's account! LMEAO!

Comment

Working...
            X