Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 13 (Nov 29 - Dec 3 ) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 13 (Nov 29 - Dec 3 ) Post Plays Here

This is the thread for the 2018 VFV NFL P.O.W. contest. The following are the rules for this year (the same as in the past):

1. All contestants must be a member in good standing with VFV
    2. Players make one (1) single play ATS each week during the NFL regular season
    3. A correct play results in one (1) point being awarded. A "push" or tie, results in a half point (1/2) being awarded
    4. An Incorrect play results in zero (0) points being awarded
    5. All lines MUST be taken from the following website each week: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
    6. All lines must be -110 or less (must be posted on above site...no buying 1/2 point)
    7. Only Vegas Sports Books listed on the VI website will be allowed
    8. The following Books will NOT be allowed: VI Consensus, BetOnline, PepperMill, Atlantis Reno
    9. The following selections are allowed: Full Game Side, Full Game Total, First Half Side, First Half Total (NO MONEYLINES ALLOWED)
    10. Plays MUST be submitted each week by kickoff of last scheduled game.
    11. Plays must be in the following format (or close to it):

2018 NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0 (post your current record here))

Atlanta Falcons +3 (Golden Nugget)
    (This is where you will post your reasoning for this selection. It doesn't have to be a book or even a full paragraph, but more than just "I think the Falcons are better.")

12. Myself, Seahawk Rick (the artist formerly known as Cybergolf) or any other I deem so, will have final ruling on if a play is valid (ie: Wrong line, Wrong Book, Not enough reasoning given, etc)
    13. The first couple of weeks I will give the benefit of the doubt to any newcomers on here...veterans, you know the rules, LMEAO
    14. To qualify for the playoff round of this competition, players must have a total of 10 points by the end of the regular season (week 17)...important note: your points will be the number of Units you start with in the playoff portion of the contest that runs through the Super Bowl)
    15. Prizes to be determined by DaveTuley....we've had fellow posters offer up prizes in the past, so please let me know if anyone has anything to offer or ideas for yours truly (yes, this is an edit by DaveTuley I'd like to have a prize for the person earning the most points during the regular season...and then the overall champ after the Super Bowl (and perhaps a runner-up prize).
    16. NO EDITING!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and best of luck this season!

*****ONLY PLAYERS WITH AT LEAST 5 POINTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE IN THE CONTEST*****

In week #12, we went a combined 20-23-0 (.465) ATS

Thru 12 weeks, we are now a combined 333-302-21 (.508) ATS

FLORABAMABOY now has some company in the playoff waiting room, as EAST COAST got win #10 last week. We can add 4 more this week with wins or ties.
    Name Win Loss Tie Total
    EAST COAST 10 2 0 10
    FLORABAMABOY 10 2 0 10
    DAVEY SHINES 9 2 1 9.5
    FREEJACK 9 2 1 9.5
    MR.VOLO 9 3 0 9
    RACINGCAT 9 3 0 9
    COACHV29 8 3 1 8.5
    2HOLLYWOOD 8 4 0 8
    BLUEANDGOLD65 8 4 0 8
    CAP32 8 3 0 8
    ERMINE 8 4 0 8
    MCGRATH 8 4 0 8
    MTHELLER 8 4 0 8
    PHATMAN15 8 4 0 8
    TEXAN 73 8 4 0 8
    JDMOOSE1950 7 5 0 7
    JUSTJULIE123 7 4 0 7
    LEGZ_AKIMBO 7 5 0 7
    PITTSBURGH 7 5 0 7
    STRMCHSR1 7 5 0 7
    DUKOWSKI 6 5 1 6.5
    J.HERB 5 4 3 6.5
    MR. PIXTER 6 5 1 6.5
    RAY 6 4 1 6.5
    ROCKMAN IN PA 6 5 1 6.5
    TAKETHEREDEYE 6 5 1 6.5
    CHAMOINLA 6 6 0 6
    SKULLF 6 4 0 6
    BUCKEYEFAN80 5 6 1 5.5
    GCOTTON 5 6 1 5.5
    NINERUTEFAN 5 6 1 5.5
    AARON24 5 6 0 5
    AMAZINGMOM 5 6 0 5
    MARCBRYANJACOB 5 7 0 5
    MR. OUTSIDEVEGAS 5 6 0 5
    SEAHAWK RICK 5 7 0 5
    STR8OUTTADURANGO 5 7 0 5
    TARB 5 7 0 5
    XAVIER ROB 5 7 0 5
    YISMAN 5 5 0 5
    Last edited by gcotton; 11-27-2018, 03:13 PM.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (5-7 YTD)

Carolina Kitties -3.5 (Stratosphere)

I only have to win the rest of the way to get in the playoffs, just like CAR. They should have beat my Seachickens by 20 the way they moved the ball with McCaffrey and Cammy running all over them, plus McCaffrey catching passes to pile up the all-purpose yards for over 250. CAR lived in the Redzone but SEA D got a few key tackles. TB isn't going to be so fortunate, as they don't have little Russell that is finding his comeback magic again, and TB defense sucks. CAR will run all over them and will stop TB rush game like they did with SEA stacking the box and forcing Senor Crablegs to throw to win.

It's a win-win in that I really don't want CAR to win because it helps SEA with their WC chances, BUT, CAR is still in the WC hunt, and they need this win badly to stop a 3-game skid they are one where they've lost close ones. Kitties by 10.

Comment

Don’t know yet if I qualify for o a week 13 pick but if I do I’m taking Indy. I wanted to get this in before the line changes

Indy -31/2 MGM

Jax has no OC,no Qb and no Fournette. So how are they going to score

Indy on th other hand had their hands ful with the Dolphins but that had more to do with 5 turnovers in ist half

2 ints, I fumble,1 blocked punt and one missed Fg. Don’t see a repeat of that outlier.
        "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
        “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

• Caseinpoint
          Caseinpoint commented
          Editing a comment
          BarryT... it appears that you were eliminated.

POW 8-4

COWBOYS +7.5 (Jerry’s Nugget)

Over many years, home dogs of 7 or 7.5 points have been a reliable bet, at least in my experience. I don’t have the data, but would be shocked if betting this angle blindly over 25 years did not show a flat bet profit. Here the Cowboys have some icing on the cake not often seen in a home dog of a TD. They are tied for first place, have won three in a row and are a different team than earlier in the season. The ATS mastery of the Saints has to stop somewhere, and this feels like a good spot for it.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (10-2 YTD)

Broncos -3.5 (Westgate)

The Marvin Lewis era is finally collapsing in epic fashion. The addition of Hugh Jackson is more like subtraction. The attacking Broncos defense should have little trouble with Driskell and his limited playmakers, and the Broncos owe the Bengals some payback for a loss last year at home. Broncos did get a bit lucky last week with the Steelers turnovers inside the red zone, but I thought Case Keenum might have played his best game all year, and now he gets to face one of the absolute worst defenses in the NFL. Broncos by double digits as the Bengals fans boo their team out of PBS.

Comment

Updated standings now listed above.

Comment

• florabamaboy
              florabamaboy commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for all your work on this contest gcotton!

• gcotton
              gcotton commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks my friend and best of luck the rest of the season!

POW 8-4 (8-points)

Dal/NO Over 52-1/2 (MGM

Dal may be able to keep it close and get a cover as the home team on a Thursday Night, but NO will still be able to put up at least 35 points. In order for Dallas to keep it within the number, we are looking at a total of 60+ points. Lets go for a shootout!!

Comment

NFL POW (5-6-1)

SAINTS O 52 (MGM)

Im just going to put myself out of my misery and play the Thursday over. Only reason is bc i dont want to lay 7.5 even though i think its good and i want to know if im in or out after tomorrow. GLA

Comment

NFL POW. 8-3-1

OVER 51.5 Pittsburgh/ LA Chargers ( Wynn LV)

Even with Gordon out for the Chargers their Offense is still high powered. Rivers has never played better and he will exploit a Defense that can be beaten. The home team Steelers should bounce back with a much better result than last Sunday in Denver. Big Ben performs leaps and bounds better at home and on national TV I look for him to throw it all over the yard. I see this one close to 60.

GL to all

Comment

Gary, got off to too bad of a start this year to recover. Thank you for all your hard work again.

Comment

POW 9-3
                    LA Rams -9.5 (Stations)

Perhaps a square play but hard to see where the Lions points are going to come from with all of the injuries at the skill positions. Stafford's career record versus winning teams has always been very poor. Rams coming off their bye week and should take control early. Rams should be able to run the ball all day against the Lions poor rush defense. Perhaps I get backdoored but I really think the Rams win this game by 17 to 21 points.

Comment

POW 9-3
                      Houston -5 1/2 Westgate
                      This time of year things shake out and teams that are playing for something pull it out.Houston on a roll and could be a 1 seed if they win out or possible a 2 if they lose once.Clevland’s QB is saying all the wrong things and is still a Rookie.Good vibes from Texans and Volo is due to cash on a favorite.GL to all and let’s fight it out in playoffs.
                      If you want a dog look at Chargers.Pitt low # at home on Sunday night.

Comment

NFL POW 7-5-0 7pts ytd

Steelers -3.5 westgate

Ben is a different animal at home, the Chargers coming a long way to not have a play action game without Gordon. This is going to be like Steelers at home to panthers 3 weeks ago, not even close

Something like Chargers 17 Steelers 45

Comment

NFL POW 7-5

Houston -5.5 Westgate

Houston is playing very well right now, winner of their last 8 games. Watson is starting to play with more confidence since his knee injury. If you look back at his college injury, it was the same case. He gradually got better as more time passed after the injury. Mayfield talking about his old coach all week is a distraction for the Browns and I think he should just keep his mouth shut and play. I see the Houston defensive getting to Mayfield often and teaching him a "welcome to the NFL" lesson.

Comment

Working...
                          X