Which team gets the #4 spot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which team gets the #4 spot?

If the committee decides to pick the best team to fill out the playoff card, my vote would be Georgia. On a neutral field, I would make Georgia a 4-point favorite over both Oklahoma and Ohio State. I think that the committee will probably take Oklahoma. I think that Ohio State will absolutely not be picked. I say that the choice is between Georgia and Oklahoma, not between Oklahoma and Ohio State. What do you think?
    Last edited by TARB; 12-01-2018, 09:56 PM.

Well said all around. Agreed, it can't be Ohio State. I will predict Oklahoma is #4, but Georgia is truthfully better than both.

Comment

Georgia is probably better than both but if they lost a different way rather than letting up 21 straight points they may get in. But now on the outside looking in at Oaklahoma

Comment

Georgia was so impressive yesterday, but I agree that the 2 loss team just won’t get in over the 1 loss Sooners.
        Im thinking OU gets in and will be a 2 TD dog vs Bama.

Comment

I think we all agree that the 1-loss BIG 12 winner gets in ahead of the 2-loss SEC runner up, even though Georgia is the better team. Here are my lines on the games:

Oklahoma
          Alabama 14

Notre Dame
          Clemson 13
          Last edited by TARB; 12-02-2018, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Hey guys,

Long term member from the old site, hope all is well.

First off, Great call on the SEC game Tarb!!!

I dont follow college like I use to, But wouldnt the committee want Ohio St And Urban Meyer(3 National Championship Head Coach) in the Playoff?

In My Opinion, if Urban gets in he wins the National Championship. The guy doesnt loose as an underdog, I believe 7-0 with 7 outright wins and i am confident that trend will continue...

also Bama vs. Oklahoma and ND vs. Clemson is horrible, Do they really want Clemson and Bama in the title game again......

Ok, well we will see at 12 noon......

Comment

The whole “best team” talk is stupid af. We wont get the best team to win it until they go to 8 teams. Georgia just had their chance to show they were one of the best teams and blew it so why should they get another chance? No 2 loss team should be ahead of an undefeated team regardless of conference. Do they want the teams that are hot or the teams that were consistent all year? Only 4 teams are undefeated so those are the only teams that have been consistent all year. In the NFL the teams that are hot at the end of the season are the teams that make a run. As I’ve said before I’m torn on wanting OSU in, you want to be in to have a chance, but don’t want to get embarrassed either. No one gave them a chance to beat Bama in 2015 so anything can happen. They also really need to do something about having a month off between games too.

Comment

If somehow Georgia is invited, it will be to the #3 spot to avoid a rematch with Alabama. That would be a slap in the face to Notre Dame, dropping to #4 and being Alabama's sacrificial lamb in the opening round.

Comment

• TARB
                  TARB commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Then my lines on the games would be:

Notre Dame
                  Alabama 17

Georgia
                  Clemson 6

Being Mr. conspiracy, I think they put ohio state in ahead of oklahoma. Just seems in the politics of college football, it always works out for SEC and Big 10 (12). We shall see, they probably wish they could drop notre dame to 5😂😂

Comment

Originally posted by TARB View Post
                  I think we all agree that the 1-loss BIG 12 winner gets in ahead of the 2-loss SEC runner up, even though Georgia is the better team. Here are my lines on the games:

Oklahoma
                  Alabama 14

Notre Dame
                  Clemson 13

Oklahoma is in at #4. Georgia is #5 and Ohio State is #6.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeyefan80 View Post
                    The whole “best team” talk is stupid af. We wont get the best team to win it until they go to 8 teams. Georgia just had their chance to show they were one of the best teams and blew it so why should they get another chance? No 2 loss team should be ahead of an undefeated team regardless of conference. Do they want the teams that are hot or the teams that were consistent all year? Only 4 teams are undefeated so those are the only teams that have been consistent all year. In the NFL the teams that are hot at the end of the season are the teams that make a run. As I’ve said before I’m torn on wanting OSU in, you want to be in to have a chance, but don’t want to get embarrassed either. No one gave them a chance to beat Bama in 2015 so anything can happen. They also really need to do something about having a month off between games too.
                    I gotta disagree with the notion you have to go to 8 teams to get the best team to win it. What does that mean? Who would the #8 team even be, Michigan, UCF? To me it doesn't matter, bottom line, whoever you feel #8 team is, they are probably a 21 point underdog to Alabama. How does going to 8 teams validate that the best team wins it? Besides, no matter where you cut it off, the next team that gets left out will feel they didn't get their chance. This is actually where D-1 college football gets it right over college basketball, the regular season really does matter.

Comment

It means the BEST team will have to win 3 in a row. You and I both know, well at least I do, Vegas wasnt built on faves winning all the time. That's why they play the games. It's really not that hard to figure out. D1 football is the ONLY sport that doesn't know how to come up with a legit playoff. Mike Leach has it figured out...https://youtu.be/Y5gvMYd4E9c not hard!!!

Comment

8-team playoff, which would have been outstanding this year.
                        5 major conference winners get automatic bids, which enhances the conference championship games. (this year Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State & Washington)
                        the best team from the 5 lesser conferences gets a bid (think UCF this year)
                        2 at-large bids (this year Notre Dame & Georgia)
                        This year, the team which would be #9 and out would be Michigan, which would be about a 10-point favorite over UCF.
                        Last edited by TARB; 12-05-2018, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Buckeyefan, if you want to say an 8 team (or more) playoff is compelling, that's fine. However, to say it ensures the best team wins is folly. Why not 16 teams then, or 32?

If you're going to expand to 8 or more teams, then do it like basketball where all conference champions qualify, including leagues like the MAC, AAC, etc. If you don't want to do that and only want power conference teams, then why even play the regular season? The BCS system when two teams were picked was awful, but 4 is a reasonable number.

Comment

I don't disagree with that. I'm definitely not saying only power 5 teams should qualify. I don't know why they didn't just keep the BCS and take the top 4 from that, it would've taken ANY debate out of the equation. Or even do what TARB said. It's all about a power thing with D-1 football. It appears they just want to be different.

Comment

Working...
                            X