Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 14 (Dec 6 - 10) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 14 (Dec 6 - 10) Post Plays Here

This is the thread for the 2018 VFV NFL P.O.W. contest. The following are the rules for this year (the same as in the past):

1. All contestants must be a member in good standing with VFV
    2. Players make one (1) single play ATS each week during the NFL regular season
    3. A correct play results in one (1) point being awarded. A "push" or tie, results in a half point (1/2) being awarded
    4. An Incorrect play results in zero (0) points being awarded
    5. All lines MUST be taken from the following website each week: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
    6. All lines must be -110 or less (must be posted on above site...no buying 1/2 point)
    7. Only Vegas Sports Books listed on the VI website will be allowed
    8. The following Books will NOT be allowed: VI Consensus, BetOnline, PepperMill, Atlantis Reno
    9. The following selections are allowed: Full Game Side, Full Game Total, First Half Side, First Half Total (NO MONEYLINES ALLOWED)
    10. Plays MUST be submitted each week by kickoff of last scheduled game.
    11. Plays must be in the following format (or close to it):

2018 NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0 (post your current record here))

Atlanta Falcons +3 (Golden Nugget)
    (This is where you will post your reasoning for this selection. It doesn't have to be a book or even a full paragraph, but more than just "I think the Falcons are better.")

12. Myself, Seahawk Rick (the artist formerly known as Cybergolf) or any other I deem so, will have final ruling on if a play is valid (ie: Wrong line, Wrong Book, Not enough reasoning given, etc)
    13. The first couple of weeks I will give the benefit of the doubt to any newcomers on here...veterans, you know the rules, LMEAO
    14. To qualify for the playoff round of this competition, players must have a total of 10 points by the end of the regular season (week 17)...important note: your points will be the number of Units you start with in the playoff portion of the contest that runs through the Super Bowl)
    15. Prizes to be determined by DaveTuley....we've had fellow posters offer up prizes in the past, so please let me know if anyone has anything to offer or ideas for yours truly (yes, this is an edit by DaveTuley I'd like to have a prize for the person earning the most points during the regular season...and then the overall champ after the Super Bowl (and perhaps a runner-up prize).
    16. NO EDITING!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and best of luck this season!

*****ONLY PLAYERS WITH AT LEAST 6 POINTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE IN THE CONTEST*****

In Week #13 we went a combined 20-19-0 (.513) ATS

Thru 13 weeks, we are now a combined 353-321-21 (.508) ATS

Congrats to both Mr. Volo and Racingcat for making it to the "second season". This brings our playoff field to a total of 4 entries after 13 weeks of action.

Three other entries can join the playoff field with a tie or win, and 3 others can get in this week with a win.

A total of 31 entries are still alive for the playoffs with 4 weeks left to play.
    Name Win Loss Tie Total
    EAST COAST 11 2 0 11
    FLORABAMABOY 11 2 0 11
    MR.VOLO 10 3 0 10
    RACINGCAT 10 3 0 10
    COACHV29 9 3 1 9.5
    DAVEY SHINES 9 3 1 9.5
    FREEJACK 9 3 1 9.5
    CAP32 9 3 0 9
    MCGRATH 9 4 0 9
    PHATMAN15 9 4 0 9
    2HOLLYWOOD 8 5 0 8
    BLUEANDGOLD65 8 5 0 8
    ERMINE 8 4 0 8
    JDMOOSE1950 8 5 0 8
    JUSTJULIE123 8 4 0 8
    MTHELLER 8 5 0 8
    PITTSBURGH 8 5 0 8
    TEXAN 73 8 5 0 8
    MR. PIXTER 7 5 1 7.5
    RAY 7 4 1 7.5
    LEGZ_AKIMBO 7 6 0 7
    STRMCHSR1 7 6 0 7
    DUKOWSKI 6 6 1 6.5
    GCOTTON 6 6 1 6.5
    J.HERB 5 5 3 6.5
    NINERUTEFAN 6 6 1 6.5
    ROCKMAN IN PA 6 6 1 6.5
    TAKETHEREDEYE 6 6 1 6.5
    AARON24 6 6 0 6
    AMAZINGMOM 6 6 0 6
    CHAMOINLA 6 7 0 6
    MARCBRYANJACOB 6 7 0 6
    SKULLF 6 5 0 6
    TARB 6 7 0 6
    YISMAN 6 5 0 6
    Last edited by gcotton; 12-05-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (11-2 YTD)

Broncos -5.5 (Westgate)

These Broncos seem to be coming together at the right time. They took advantage of the inept Bengals like I thought they would, and now get to play a SF team that is giving up over 30 points a game last 3 games and with one of their best remaining tacklers, SS J Tartt, just declared out with a shoulder injury for this Sunday. Broncos balanced offense & solid defense against a team fading will lead to another Broncos cover, who are now 6-1 ATS last 7. 49er's appear to have given things up now, and their sole victories in 2019 are against Oakland and Detroit! Give me a team on a run & fighting for a playoff birth - Broncos by double digits as they pound the run game and play action. Grabbing this line now at key number before it moves past 6.
      Last edited by florabamaboy; 12-04-2018, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Congratulations on leading the pack with Eastcoast.I also use teams fighting for playoffs in my $ bets but your pick looks too easy but not playing game so rooting for you.

Comment

• florabamaboy
          florabamaboy commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Mrvolo. If I had a crystal ball before I made this pick and knew Sanders was going to blow out his Achilles on Wednesday at practice I probably would have taken the Eagles instead. That was my 2nd favorite play this week. Sometimes catching early lines helps, sometimes it don't, thats why they call it gambling :-)

2018 NFL P.O.W. (7-6)

Atlanta + 6 (Wynn LV)

Once again The Las Vegas Math Model has Atlanta winning straight up. Green Bay interim coach Joe Philibin ( he of a failed regime in Miami) doesn't inspire much confidence in the Packers .Skidding Atlanta not much to recommend either. But any strike force with Matt Ryan and Julio Jones shouldn't be this bad should it?

Atlanta 23- Green Bay 21

Comment

NFL POW 9-3-1

OVER 51 Pittsburgh/Oakland [CGT]

Neither team hangs it's hat on Defense. Oakland can't stop anybody with any kind of skill players. Even without James Conner Pittsburgh will be able to exploit the lack of pass rush that Oakland has and Ben will carve up the secondary. As bad as Oakland has been, QB Carr has played quite well his last 6 games or so. He will need to keep up with Pittsburgh's scoring and he shouldn't have a problem putting up at least 3 touchdowns. I see this one in the high 50's.

GL to all

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (8-5-0)

Tennessee -4 (MGM Mirage)

Titans are at home, need a win badly to stay in wild card race. Jax played a great defensive game last week, won't be able to repeat it. Cody Kessler won't help on the offensive side.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (9-3-1 YTD)

JAX +5 (CG TECH)

I like Jacksonville in this spot. Fournette will be coming back from Suspension and giving life to the anemic offense. Titans look banged up and will Mariotta make it through the entire game? He certainly wont be 100%. I thin the front 7 of Jax are starting to get their swagger back and will have a great game. Jax defense will keep this one close with Jax getting the upset, 17-14.

Comment

Updated standings are now posted above!

Comment

2018 NFL POW (8-4-0)

Philly +3.5 (MGM)

Never back Jason Garrett as a favorite. Teams are who we thought they were, when the season started. The Eagles will take control of the division.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (6-6-1 YTD)

Carolina Panthers -1.5 (William Hill)

Once again, like last week, this is more of a play against CLV then it is a play on CAR. While CAR's defense isn't as good as HOU (14th vs 10th), it certainly isn't as bad as KC, ATL, TB and CIN. Teams that Mayfield had a measure of some success against this season. Cam was picked 4 times last week in TB, the first time that has happened since his rookie season. It won't happen again.....at least not this week. The weather won't be an issue either, as the temps are supposed to be in the upper 30's with sun, light winds and no precip. I hate taking a team in the second of B2B road games, but I will stake my playoff hopes on Cam and his Panther buddies.

Carolina Panthers 31
                    Cleveland Browns 14

Best of luck this week to all!

Comment

POW 9-4

Indy/Hous OVER 49 (South Pt.)

Per my numbers, both of these defenses have played a collection of the leagues worst offenses this season. This gives their defenses an aura of strength which is largely unearned. Moreover, I’ve got both Indy and Hous as being relatively prolific, top ten offenses. So, good offenses playing overrated defenses. Sounds like 60 points to me.

Comment

6-7
                        Jaguars +5.5 ..... Westgate
                        The Jags pitched a shutout last week and I will go with the team with the better defense. Tennessee has much more to play for, but this is a division game and I will take the generous points.

Comment

NFL POW (8-5 8-points)

Jax/Tenn Under 37-1/2

Jax O has been horrendous. In order for the over to hit, Jax D needs to score and Tenn needs to put up 27 points. Hopefully neither happen and tonight is a snooze fest.

Comment

• mtheller
                            mtheller commented
                            Editing a comment
                            William Hill for the line, or anywhere for that matter.

P.O.W. 7 - 5 - 1
                          Jags - Titans Over 37 (Caesars)

Two team who can't score of late have to sometime or another. Why not on a Thursday nite when who knows what can happen. Both defenses will be tired on only four days rest and a combined five TD's and two FG's should be easily attainable.

Comment

Working...
                          X