Ohio State

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State

Urban Meyer will retire after coaching Ohio State in the Rose Bowl. He will be replaced as head coach by OC Ryan Day.
    Last edited by TARB; 12-04-2018, 09:44 AM.

Tarb, what would your line have been if Ohio St was 4th and played Bama? That would be a MUST SEE game especially now with Meyers retirement.

meanwhile Boy, IMO the committee really screwed this up...Bama will crush OU in a unwatchable game and who wants to see Bama/Clemson round 3 without Watson wont be much of a draw.......

Comment

• TARB
      TARB commented
      Editing a comment
      Alabama has trouble with quarterbacks who can both pass and run. Kyler Murray can do that as well as Watson did. I do not see a total mismatch. OU should be competitive for at least the first three quarters. Maybe, Alabama pulls away late or maybe Oklahoma takes the game down to the wire.

I happen to think that Clemson versus Alabama will be a very competitive game. I would make Alabama -4 over Clemson. The current line at Westgate on the possible Championship matchup is Alabama -6 over Clemson. My line on Alabama / Ohio State would be Alabama -14, the same as Alabama / Oklahoma. The current futures at Westgate are:
    Alabama -225
    Clemson +250
    Oklahoma +1400
    Notre Dame +1400
    Last edited by TARB; 12-04-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

• Buckeyefan80
      Buckeyefan80 commented
      Editing a comment
      I would’ve LOVED OSU as a 14 point dog to Saban on Urbans way out. ML! ML! ML! For some reason Urb doesn’t lose as a dog. Just my $.02

Ok interesting stuff..thanks for the details.

You have been very accurate with your college analysis especially involving bama over the years and last week.

the only thing I would add in is Clemson defense is a hell of a lot better than Oklahomas and that's going to be key.....

I guess
    I am just disappointed i couldn't catch Urban 1 last time as a Dog.....

Comment

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they can send Urban Liar out the door on a verrrrry sour note...Probably won't happen as the UW offense isn't gangbusters by any means, but a boy can dream!!!! I will be going to the game, and win or slaughter, the Rose Bowl is the BEST venue in sports on Rose Bowl day!!! WOOF!

Click image for larger version  Name:	uw logo.jpg Views:	1 Size:	34.0 KB ID:	3755
      Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 12-05-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

IF OSU would of gotten the #4 spot, and I don't think they deserved it, there is not a chance in HELL that Urban would of announced his retirement this week. He would of waited until after the ass kicking by Bama and then walked away. I had about a 99.9% idea he was leaving after the Rose Bowl, but I figured he would of told the team the night before and then made the official announcement after the beat-down of the Huskies.

And as for the Rose Bowl.......I actually feel sorry for the Huskies, because it will be balls to the wall in Pasadena. Urban will not let up if given the chance. I wouldn't be surprised to see this line climb upwards to over 7 by game time. This team will be driven like none other. Bucks will win by 30+!

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          I will take the 30!....Whats the bet cocky boy?!

• TARB
          TARB commented
          Editing a comment
          I bet Ohio State -4.5, when the line opened. If the line had opened Ohio State -8.5, I would have bet Washington plus the points.
      Working...
      X