Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coachv29
    replied
    Thank you barnstorm.....it sure as heck is NOT scientific.......I do follow some trends....I very rarely crunch numbers or follow or devise some sort of system......I watch a ton, pay attention a ton, and I do listen to what my larger than it should be gut says....glad I'm helping.....GL to all

Leave a comment:

• barnstorm
    replied
    Originally posted by Coachv29 View Post
    NFL 71-42-7. +24.10

Over 51 Pittsburgh (2u)
    Miami +8
    Dallas -3
    Bears +3
    Houston -4
    Over 51 Green Bay
    Under 47 Carolina

NBA. 90-79-3. +6.40

Over 225 Charlotte
    New Orleans-1

CBB. 73-53-3. +14.10

St. Louis-3
    Iona -2.5
    Under 159.5 Gonzaga
    Over 140 Purdue

GL to all
    Nice day yesterday, Coach. I tailed you on some of them and went 5-1.

Can I ask what your method is?
    Do you follow trends?
    Do you crunch numbers or go by some system?
    Or do you watch a lot of games and go by your gut?

Whatever it is, it is working pretty good. GL!

Leave a comment:

• Coachv29
    replied
    Originally posted by gcotton View Post

Coach I was with you on the IONA play. Not sure if you saw the game, but they started like 2-9 from the field and didn't score their first points until about 4 mins into the game. Still came back and had the lead at a couple of points in the 2nd half, just couldn't put Columbia away.
    I saw the last 7 minutes or so....I liked the play, but Colombia made enough plays and free throws to come out on top.....oh well

Leave a comment:

• gcotton
    replied
    Originally posted by Coachv29 View Post
    NFL 71-42-7. +24.10

Over 51 Pittsburgh (2u)
    Miami +8
    Dallas -3
    Bears +3
    Houston -4
    Over 51 Green Bay
    Under 47 Carolina

NBA. 90-79-3. +6.40

Over 225 Charlotte
    New Orleans-1

CBB. 73-53-3. +14.10

St. Louis-3
    Iona -2.5
    Under 159.5 Gonzaga
    Over 140 Purdue

GL to all
    Coach I was with you on the IONA play. Not sure if you saw the game, but they started like 2-9 from the field and didn't score their first points until about 4 mins into the game. Still came back and had the lead at a couple of points in the 2nd half, just couldn't put Columbia away.

Leave a comment:

• florabamaboy
    commented on 's reply
    Their Power Play calls for a score of 25-17 in Denver/SF game, 42 points, yet they have a 3* on the over in the same game totals recommendation (which is around 45 in most books). Must be some fine print somewhere lol.

• jdmoose1950
    replied
    Pointwise phones
    3-ny giants
    3-buffalo
    3-la rams
    3-la chargers
    2-pittsburgh
    2-new orleans

Leave a comment:

• CEK3
    replied
    thx,JDMoose for your work. AND your 'rubber band" games....IF you come across Ness Legend or Root GOY it'll be appreciated. good luck to all.

Leave a comment:

• jdmoose1950
    replied
    JD MOOSE "RUBBER BAND" GAMES

Colts +4.5

Bears +3

GLTA!

Leave a comment:

• jdmoose1950
    replied
    Lean – Under (47) – New England (-7.5) at MIAMI

There’s plenty of talk about a trap game for the Patriots in this spot as they’ve lost in Miami 4 out of the last 5 seasons. However, it’s easy to get stuck in recency bias and worth noting New England won 4 games there in the five years prior. The Patriots are gaining 6.3 yards per play since adding Josh Gordon in week 4 and he will have a favorable matchup this week with Dolphins top outside cornerback Xavien Howard expected to miss the game. Howard is surrendering 1.09 yards per cover snap (33rd), which is much better than the rest of a secondary that ranks among the league’s worst. I think New England is making a conservative effort to limit Rob Gronkowski’s usage in the regular season as he’s averaging just 6 targets per game and I expect him to become a focal point in January, but Miami’s defense is horrible and the Pats have done quite well without their talented tight end for parts of the season.

There is rain expected in the forecast and this feels like one of those classic December divisional games where Belichick focuses on limiting the plays he shows opponents before the playoffs by running the football. The Patriots average 32.5 rush attempts in late season divisional games during the Belichick era, more than 2 attempts above any other team in the league, but Miami’s 10th-rated rush defense could be up to the challenge.

New England’s defense thrives on taking away what their opponents do best, but that could prove difficult against a scheme dependent Dolphins offense that doesn’t revolve around individual talent. This line has moved down from the advanced spread of Patriots -10, which is in step with our model. There may be some value on New England if we knew they wouldn’t play conservatively, but as it stands we’ll pass on the side and lean with the Under, which applies to a 708-509-16 divisional game under situation.

Leave a comment:

• jdmoose1950
    replied
    DR BOB

Lean – NY Jets (+3.5) over BUFFALO

This game features two rookie quarterbacks selected in the top 10 last May. Sam Darnold will return from injury after missing the last 3 games and he will have a tough matchup versus the Bills 9th-rated pass defense led by second-year cornerback Tre’Davious White, who is holding opposing receivers to an NFL-low 0.46 yards per cover snap. Darnold hasn’t shown the maturity needed to perform in enemy territory in the NFL gaining just 5.0 yards per pass play on the road compared to 6.7 yards per pass play at home. I do not expect the 21-year-old quarterback to have his best stuff in his first game back.

We saw with Mitch Trubisky out the last couple weeks how the market doesn’t fully account for the added dimension a quarterback with scrambling ability can bring to an offense and Josh Allen is another great example in Buffalo. Allen has 234 rushing yards in the last 2 games since coming back from injury and now ranks 4th in the NFL with 24.3 points added on the ground, behind only Todd Gurley, Philip Lindsay, and Trubisky. Allen ranks last among qualifying quarterbacks with just 4.9 yards per pass play, but the value he adds with his legs gives this Bills offense a boost they didn’t have with Nathan Peterman, Derek Anderson, or Matt Barkley under center. Buffalo did release Kelvin Benjamin after trading 3rd and 7th-round picks for him last year, but I don’t think it will make an impact on their offensive production. Benjamin was gaining just 1.13 yards per route run, which ranked 4th-worst among players with at least 50 targets.

Our model favors the Bills by just 2 points but the line is about right with Darnold’s trend of playing worse on the road. However, the Jets apply to a 110-39-5 ATS road underdog situation and the road dog is generally the side to be on in games involving two bad teams. I’ll lean with the Jets.

Leave a comment:

• jdmoose1950
    replied
    Northcoast Newsletter Keys
    Power Plays:

4* Buffalo 23 Jets 16
    3.5* Denver 25 San Fran 17
    3* Dallas 23 Philli 15
    2* New England 29 Miami 18
    1* Houston 30 Indi 22
    1* Cleveland 25 Carolina 22

Power Sweep: