Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 15 (Dec 13-17 ) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL P.O.W. (9-5-0)

Seattle -3.5 (Westgate)

Seahawks can get into the playoffs with a win here and so can I. Started the season off 0-4, so I am lucky to still be in the contest. Seahawks soundly beat up SF not long ago and usually figure this as a revenge spot. It could be, but the season is almost over and SF has to stop a great run game, a very fine QB, and figure out how to score on a very good defense. I would expect that Pete Carroll will have the tight end covered in this one. No 200 yard receiving game this week. Seattle wins and covers, but maybe not real big. KC up next.

Comment

POW 9-4-1
      DEN -2.5 William Hill

Its still CLEVELAND....The Baker phenom has been fun but that ends in MIle High. The broncos looked horrible vs the 49ers and they right the ship here at home. Mayfield with depleted O2 to the brain will try to hard and will turn the ball over. Broncos def is banged up but they have enough peices to keep the explosive plays in check. The Broncos get the win here by at least a field goal.27-21.

Comment

NFL POW 8-6-0 8pts ytd

Bills -2.5 wynn

Detroit without Kerryon Johnson and nothing to play for. Lost 5 of last 7. 1 victory by single pt against banged up Cam so do not be fooled by last weeks "2 bald men fighting over a comb" bowl victory against the appalling Cards.

Bills still playing hard and will bounce back from Jets defeat to get well against a dome team out in the cold who struggle to move the ball

something like Lions 6 Bills 24

Comment

POW 9-4-1 New England -2 1/2 Wynn Patriots need a win to keep pace with Texans in battle for the #2 seed. They will be pumped up to rebound following the Miracle in Miami. Steelers in disarray and on a 3 game losing streak and about to be passed by the Ravens. No Connor is a big blow which means that Belichick will force Big Ben to throw the ball and he will throw multiple picks as he tries to force it in to JuJu or AB. GL all.

Comment

POW 6-5-3
            N.O/CAR over. (49.5 Wesrgate)

Taking the over here . Last 3 games when these two meet have gone over the total.
            Last 3 home games for the panthers have gone over the total.
            The over has hit at 64% in games when a team has played 3 straight road games over the last 12years,Saints fit the bill here as it
            Is their 3rd straight road game.

Comment

POW 7-6-1 (7.5 pts)
              Titans +1 (jerrys nugget)
              Looking for Tennessee to grab early lead then play control game. If Henry can come anywhere close to the 234 yds vs jags last Thurs (mini buy). Versus common opponents Ten 4 – 1, NYG 1 – 4

Note: Hope that Jerrys Nugget is a valid book. If not then will take the -1 available every where else

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (7-7-0, 7 points ytd)

Sea -3.5 Westgate Superbook, and others

Weighted DVOA for Seahawks is top 10, offensive DVOA and special teams DVOA both top 10 as well. For the Niners, their weighted DVOA is second worst, and their offensive DVOA and special teams DVOA are both bottom 10. The Niners defensive DVOA is 11th worst, just missing the bottom 10. The Seahawks have been peaking at a good time, their offensive ppg up from 9th on season to 2nd in past 3 weeks. Seahawks defensive ppg has improved from 6th best to 3rd best over past 3 weeks. Niners 6th worst offensively, 8th worst defensively. Over past 3 weeks Seahawks have best scoring margin in league at 14.7 ppg, while Niners 3rd worst margin at -13 ppg. Takeaways for Seahawks are 1.6 avg on season 1.7 avg past 3 weeks. Niners have league fewest takeaways on season with none in past 3 games. All signs to a blowout like the 27 point Niner loss to Seahawks 2 weeks ago. Factoring in division rivalry game and home field far too generously (Niners 0-4 SU and ATS in divisional games this year, and 1-8 SU and ATS in conference games this year), and sayinsaying Niners keep it to a loss by a touchdown...that's twice what the spread is. Sounds game of the week to me.

Comment

N.F.L. P.O.W. (9-5-0, 9 pts)

Sea -3.5 Westgate Superbook

Agree with Strmchsr1. Clearly one of the most lopsided matchups this week. Seattle has performed better against common opponents and playoff contenders...Niners haven't even performed well against bad teams, let alone playoff contenders. Seattle 3-1 ATS in division, 2nd best ATS in league for entire season (SF 3rd worst ATS this season). Easy 2 touchdown win and cover.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (9-5-0)

Miami Dolphins +7.5 (William Hill)

It's as simple as this: the Vikings are mediocre at best and if the Dolphins can't get up for what essentially amounts to a Playoff game for them after that gigantic emotion adrenaline burst last week and give their best today with 2 winnable games remaining on their schedule than they need to absolutely clean house. Fire entire coaching staff, front office, Tannehill and any player over 28 and all the cheerleaders. The Vikings are only ok. The Dolphins are every bit as average as they are and this line is over a touchdown. The ONLY reason I think Miami won't cover is because that line is so inflated it makes me think Vegas is beging us to take the Dolphins - always a bad sign. Even so... I'm taking the cheese. I think Miami will have an opportunity to win this game outright in the 4th. If nothing else... a back door cover. MIN 23-20

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                      Seahawk Rick commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Leave the cheerleaders out of it!!! They are hard working girls that give it their all and don't ask for much besides new hairdryers and some makeup!

POW 7-5-1
                    Buffalo -2.5 (South Point)

Bills have finally found a QB that can move the ball a little i know it’s mostly with his feet but that combined with damp chilly outdoor stadium playing against a very bad Lions team with such few options to score and having nothing to play for,I think he bills will build some momentum going into next season by beating up pathetic lions team. I just don’t see where the points or motivation for will come from in the game. I have Bills grinding out an ugly win 22-15

Comment

POW 12-2
                      San Fran +4 @Wm Hill & MGM , I do follow the supercontest consensus picks and Seattle is a top 5 pick at a point higher, more overall tickets out on Sea so I'm going contrarian here as Seattle has won 12 of last 15 SU also, the line just don't make any sense to me especially Russell Wilson vs the SF QB.. Plus I really don't have a game I really like this week, so it's the 49ers for me.

Comment

• Mrvolo
                        Mrvolo commented
                        Editing a comment
                        GL,one of my top plays today.

No Phatman15?

Comment

8-5-0

I suck...Carolina plus 6....Rivera's last stand and Saints different team on road

Comment

POW 10-4

Over 49 1/2 Carolina/New Orleans (MGM Mirage)

Got stuck out of town over the weekend, and my laptop went down, so without passwords, I am left trying to sort the game out tonight. The Saints have been a covering machine this year, going 10-3 ATS, (and they lost their first two games of the season ATS) including 6-1 on the road. So I was leaning toward playing them, but this is Carolina's last hurrah, and I believe they might keep the game close. So, since I am conflicted on a side, I will take the over in the game. The Panthers have been over the total in six out of their seven home games, so hoping that trend continues this evening.

Coincidentally, I did have Dave's email and sent him the following email on Saturday night, in hopes he could post my play, but he did not open the email until Sunday evening. C'est la vie!!

POW 10-4

Tennessee -1 (MGM)

Something smells rotten here,, line was Giants -2 1/2, and OBJ is declared out,, and the line jumps 3 1/2 points?? I think the right side is favored now, as I had them -3.5 on my ratings differential,, obviously, I would have preferred taking them getting points, but I think Tennessee will find a way to win by at least a field goal. Tennessee has already beaten Philly and Dallas this season in the NFC East, and Sunday they will go for the trifecta.

Comment

Originally posted by phatman15 View Post
                            Coincidentally, I did have Dave's email and sent him the following email on Saturday night, in hopes he could post my play, but he did not open the email until Sunday evening. C'est la vie!!
                            phatman, sorry I didn't see your email Saturday or normally I would have had plenty of time to post it for you...but since it wasn't posted in this official thread prior to the game we can't count it so thanks for posting another play. GL

Comment

Working...
                            X