Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 13 & 14 results of the ViewFromVegas NFL (Bowl contest later today)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 13 & 14 results of the ViewFromVegas NFL (Bowl contest later today)

Hello...this is the weekly thread that we post to give the weekly winners and update the leaderboards of our popular NFL & NCAA contests that we host at our dedicated contest site at http://contests.viewfromvegas.com

I dropped the ball last week as I was swamped with getting ready for our VSiN Bowl Guide that came out today, so we have two weeks to recap here as well as update the NFL standings with 3 weeks to go in the season! In addition, please note that I'll be opening the Bowl ATS contest with a new thread in which we'll also be tracking the standings through the three tiers of bowl games (make 7 ATS picks per tier...we have to hand-grade the cumulative scores separately here as they'll be getting added to the season records on the site and the bowl contest is totally separate...you'll see how it works when I post the OFFICIAL contest thread for that).

In Week 13 of the of the NFL contest, we five players go 5-0 (phatman, sidewinder105, tospeke, Wes.Tijuana and yisman), so we go to the tiebreaker of whose teams covered by the most combined points and that goes to yisman at +54. He wins dinner with yours truly or a ViewFromVegas shirt if he's not coming to Vegas anytime soon. Congrats to all those with perfect marks for that week:

In Week 14 of the NFL contest, we had just two playeres go 5-0 (Bama06 and Philly107), so we again go to the tiebreaker and Bama06 is our weekly winner by a score of +44.5 to +39.5. Again, congrats to both.

Here's the ViewFromVegas NFL Contest leaderboard with Top 10 plus ties as phatman (who went 4-1 in Week 14 in addition to his 5-0 in Week 13) has moved into first place with 45 points, just 1 point ahead of gofer2. As you see, we have 13 (including a nice mix of longtime members of VFV Nation and some newbies, many of which have been hot lately) within 4 points of the lead with 3 weeks to go:
    phatman 45.0
    gofer2 44.0
    r00seman 43.5
    Ermine 42.5
    patkeats 42.5
    yisman 42.5
    tospeke 42.5
    Archie8 42.5
    TEXAN73 41.5
    Coachv29 41.0
    dubgee2002 41.0
    Jahiegel 41.0