No announcement yet.

2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 16 (Dec 22-24) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 16 (Dec 22-24) Post Plays Here

This is the thread for the 2018 VFV NFL P.O.W. contest. The following are the rules for this year (the same as in the past):

1. All contestants must be a member in good standing with VFV
    2. Players make one (1) single play ATS each week during the NFL regular season
    3. A correct play results in one (1) point being awarded. A "push" or tie, results in a half point (1/2) being awarded
    4. An Incorrect play results in zero (0) points being awarded
    5. All lines MUST be taken from the following website each week: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
    6. All lines must be -110 or less (must be posted on above site...no buying 1/2 point)
    7. Only Vegas Sports Books listed on the VI website will be allowed
    8. The following Books will NOT be allowed: VI Consensus, BetOnline, PepperMill, Atlantis Reno
    9. The following selections are allowed: Full Game Side, Full Game Total, First Half Side, First Half Total (NO MONEYLINES ALLOWED)
    10. Plays MUST be submitted each week by kickoff of last scheduled game.
    11. Plays must be in the following format (or close to it):

2018 NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0 (post your current record here))

Atlanta Falcons +3 (Golden Nugget)
    (This is where you will post your reasoning for this selection. It doesn't have to be a book or even a full paragraph, but more than just "I think the Falcons are better.")

12. Myself, Seahawk Rick (the artist formerly known as Cybergolf) or any other I deem so, will have final ruling on if a play is valid (ie: Wrong line, Wrong Book, Not enough reasoning given, etc)
    13. The first couple of weeks I will give the benefit of the doubt to any newcomers on here...veterans, you know the rules, LMEAO
    14. To qualify for the playoff round of this competition, players must have a total of 10 points by the end of the regular season (week 17)...important note: your points will be the number of Units you start with in the playoff portion of the contest that runs through the Super Bowl)
    15. Prizes to be determined by DaveTuley....we've had fellow posters offer up prizes in the past, so please let me know if anyone has anything to offer or ideas for yours truly (yes, this is an edit by DaveTuley I'd like to have a prize for the person earning the most points during the regular season...and then the overall champ after the Super Bowl (and perhaps a runner-up prize).
    16. NO EDITING!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and best of luck this season!

*****ONLY PLAYERS WITH AT LEAST 8 POINTS WILL BE ALLOWED TO CONTINUE IN THE CONTEST*****

Saved for updated standings on Wednesday

Comment

Just a reminder folks that there is no TNF game this week and 2 games again on Saturday.

Comment

POW 8-8 for 8-points

Da Bears -3-1/2 (westgate)

The Bears still have a shot to get to the #2 seed (and LAR is playing at the same time). SF just played their Superbowl beating SEA for the 1st time in 10 tries. Let down game for the 9ers while Chicago is still playing for the homefield. Chicago by a TD plus.

Comment

POW 12-3
          Ravens +4.5 (Westgate)

Ravens manned up and eventually ran the ball down the throat of Tampa on Sunday, and with each game Lamar Jackson looks like he is coming into his own. Very very hard to defense/scheme against a dynamic player like this, and unlike the mostly one dimensional Chiefs that the Chargers beat last week, this Ravens squad can maul you to death on offense while putting the leagues #1 defense against you on the other side of the ball. They completely shut down the Buccaneers top rated passing offense, and had the type of multiple lengthy time eating drives that will limit Rivers opportunities.

Baltimore still fighting for playoff birth (and a shot @ AFC North title), and have to remember how they epic failed end of last year to fall out of playoffs in week #17 when they appeared all but in. Their maligned red zone defense showed marked improvement last week, and the Ravens are 3-0 ATS as road dogs this year. Meanwhile, the Chargers and their not really home field home field advantage has them at 2-5 ATS as home favorites; with those only spread wins coming against Arizona and Oakland - ummmmm, last time i checked those teams totally suck....

Give me the barking road dog vs the already clinched but unlikely to get a top seed Chargers coming off a highly emotional comeback win @ KC. Remember that come December, defense travels - Ravens in a mild upset, 23-20, but I will take the 4.5 points just in case and cash my ticket. At +$1.60 or so not a bad money line play for 25% of my action.

Comment

• Mrvolo
            Mrvolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations on last week.Went 3-1 but my loss was POW.My betting rule this year is only bet Dogs and doing very good.
            Received great news Friday,our grandson was accepted at ND and for a Catholic HS Italian from the Bronx,believe me this was a big one.

• florabamaboy
            florabamaboy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thats fantastic Mrvolo! Thats like hitting a 4 team parlay :-) Major accomplishment on your grandson's part, you must be very proud. Good luck this week!

NFL POW 10-4-1

Miami -4 [Westgate]

This is more of a go against the Jags than anything else. I don't like to say that athletes quit playing hard, but it appears that way in Jacksonville. Miami still has a heartbeat as far as the playoff picture goes. It is a feint heartbeat but it still is one. Jacksonville has seen everything go wrong this season and now they are going to finish the season looking at some of their younger less accomplished players. Adam Gase will get his players to finish with some pride. Can't say the same about Jacksonville. The number is short enough for me to take the Dolphins in their last home game. I can see the Defense scoring in this one. Miami by 10.

GL to all

Comment

• Mrvolo
            Mrvolo commented
            Editing a comment
            I think Dolphins gave up too.Talk down here is whole offensive line is gone next year and you have a problem giving a ticket away.Anyhow GL

POW 11-4
          This one for Rick,Seattle +2 1/2 all over
          They clinch wildcard with a win and love Home team in late Sunday game between 2 top teams.Ried looks like he is ready to float away and do not trust him in a
          Stadium going nuts on every play.My Dogs this week SeattleandRavens

Comment

• Mr Pixter
            Mr Pixter commented
            Editing a comment
            Damn....Notre Dame...the Mecca of the college experience. I was always in awe during the few times I walked the campus and attended a football game. In three years I hope my grandson can be so fortunate. I can only imagine the pride you feel.

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            OK Grandpa Volo, I hope my Seachickens can bring home the eggs this Sunday night, BUT, they will be severely test by the Mahomeanator. Safety McDougald is likey to play after some voo-doo knee therapy he had this past week. Their monster O-Line guard is a game time decision. His replacement cost SEA the game vs. SF in many ways last week along with Seabass that didn't think contact was a part of football on the KO runback. KC D sucks, and can be run on, which SEA leads the league in...Just a matter of not letting KC score on every drive. The chickens play well on primetime and the place will be on tilt as it will feel like a playoff game, even though they can lose, and still get in with win over ARI next week. A win over KC would be huge, but a loss isn't a killer...WIN YOUR PICK!!!

• Mrvolo
            Mrvolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Mr Pixter,still on a high.Merry Christmas,Volo

POW 13-2
          Buffalo +13 Wynn. going with the good pass defense of the Bills and now hearing of the possible suspension of Josh Gordon is my other reason for trying to jump ahead of a possible dip in the line

Comment

9-5-1
            NO -5.5 (William Hill)

Saints return home to face the Pitt Steelers. Saints are a different team at home and the home crowd is going to be LOUD as the Saints try to secure home field advantage through the playoffs. The steelers are going to try and piece together a run game with a hobbled conner, high ankle sprain and wasnt able to go Wed... Big Ben is going to be a sitting duck for a defense that is starting to hum on all cylinders. Big ben throws at least one pick. Saints win and answer the question as to what is wrong with the offense lately, nothing.... 34-17

Comment

NFL P.O.W. (9-6-0)

Baltimore +4.5 (Stations)

Ravens have a strong run game, a good defense (in LA's neighborhood), and a slippery QB who is looking more confident each week. They may not win, but I see a close, low scoring game maybe decided by a timely turnover. Chargers just came off of a big game win and may not be as focused on this non-division foe. Baltimore is in a dog fight for a playoff spot.
              "Do what is right . . . and suffer the consequences" Sam Houston

Comment

POW 11-4
                Oakland +3 (MGM)

An unattractive MNF game but I think the Raiders show up in what will likely be the their final home game ever in Oakland. If this game was part of the normal Sunday afternoon window, I wouldn't like it as much. Being a stand alone game on Monday should give the Raiders an added boost to make a good showing in the final game in Oakland. I do worry about the Raiders offensive line against a strong Broncos defensive front but why trust the Broncos to do anything on offense either? Denver just had their playoff hopes eliminated last week, I don't think they show up. Bottom line, all the intangibles point to the Raiders in my view, I think they win outright in what could be an ugly game.

Comment

2018 NFL POW (8-6-0)

Texans +2 (Westgate)

Texans need to keep winning to secure #2 seed. Pats have the tiebreaker

Comment

POW 9-5-1 Eagles -1 1/2 Mirage It's like deja vu all over again. It's December and Foles Magic is back in time for Christmas. Coming off their huge upset of the Rams in LaLa Land, Philly looks to keep the good times rolling. They put a lot of pressure on Goff and should be able to get after Watson who has a tendency to hold on to the ball. And his number one target Hopkins is on the injury report. GL all.

Comment

P.O.W. 9 - 5 - 1
                      Giants +9.5 Indy (Westgate)

Giants still have some life left in them despite being eliminated from any playoff possibility and should give the Colts a close game. Indy needs this win and may play a very conservative game if they get up a few points. They're emphasis will be on just winning not blowing out the opponent.

Comment

NFL POW 8-7-0 8pts ytd

Dolphins -3.5 westgate

Kessler on the road. I've enjoyed another year with you guys and learnt a lot from some great opinions. It therefore seems peverse to put my participation at risk with the Dolphins but really has any team team given up with more aplomb than the Jags. Miami have been outscored on the advance metrics week after week but coming home they can get right against the absolutely appalling Jags. If i go out good luck to all and especially to my magnificent resurgent Bears as they tear through the NFC playoffs

something like Jags 9 Dolphins 21

Comment

Working...
                        X