Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Week 16 results of ViewFromVegas NFL Contest (and grading Week 17 through a champion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 16 results of ViewFromVegas NFL Contest (and grading Week 17 through a champion)

Hello...this is the weekly thread that we post to give the weekly winners and update the leaderboards of our popular NFL contest that we host at our dedicated contest site at http://contests.viewfromvegas.com (note: the NCAA regular-season contest concluded on Thanksgiving Weekend with zorba62 as our champion...the ViewFromVegas ATS Bowl Contest is being held now but check out the dedicated thread for that contest as we're updating the standings there as we go). As for this contest, I'll add the leaders' selections on Saturday and then we'll grade the results and track it until we have a champion, just like in the "real "SuperContest.

In Week 16 of the NFL contest, we had five contestants go a perfect 5-0 (Jay the Wise, perrintn, russell_90, Stan254us and TARB), so we go to the tiebreaker of whose teams covered by the most combined points -- and, in a three-way battle, TARB prevailed at +38.5 (thanks mostly to the Ravens covering by 16.5 points as 4.5-point dogs to the Chargers last Saturday night and Vikings +12.5 in their 27-9 rout of the Lions on Sunday) over perrintn at +36 and Stan254us at +35.5, so TARB wins dinner with yours truly or a VFV shirt.

Here's the ViewFromVegas NFL Contest leaderboard with Top 10 plus ties heading into the final week of the season as gofer2 went 4-1 last week to tie phatman for the lead with 51 points, while Archie8 and Ermine have the most realistic chance to catch them as they're both just 1.5 points back. Again, we'll post the plays of those in contention on Saturday afternoon and grade throughout the day on Sunday...note: in case of a tie, we'll use the SuperContest tiebreaker of "best record over last 3 weeks of the season" so we mirror their rules as much as possible. GLA:

phatman 51.0
    gofer2 51.0
    Archie8 49.5
    Ermine 49.5
    TEXAN73 48.5
    yisman 48.5
    patkeats 47.5
    Td11 47.5
    TheMusch 46.5
    tospeke 46.5
    Joliesdad 46.5

Here are the play for the Top 10 in our ViewFromVegas NFL Contest...GL

phatman 51.0...COWBOYS...CHIEFS...PANTHERS...FALCONS...BIL LS
    gofer2 51.0...COWBOYS...SAINTS...TITANS...SEAHAWKS...RAMS

Archie8 49.5...RAMS...PACKERS...BILLS...FALCONS...BROWNS
    Ermine 49.5...EAGLES...CHIEFS...STEELERS...BEARS...COLTS

TEXAN73 48.5...COLTS...BILLS...FALCONS...PACKERS...TEXANS
    yisman 48.5...EAGLES...PANTHERS...FALCONS...BILLS...COLTS

patkeats 47.5...EAGLES...PATRIOTS...BUCCANEERS...VIKINGS... BENGALS
    Td11 47.5...JAGUARS...PACKERS...GIANTS...TITANS...RAMS. ..

TheMusch 46.5...STEELERS...COLTS...BROWNS...JAGUARS...EAGLE S
    tospeke 46.5...BILLS...FALCONS...BENGALS...RAMS...CHARGERS
    Joliesdad 46.5...TEXANS...CHIEFS...STEELERS...DOLPHINS...BRO WNS

Comment

Geez...phatman is 4-0 and won head-to-head with his CAR pick over gofer2 who had NO...phatman's Magic Number is one: win by KC -13.5 or gofer2 loss (or push) by SEA -13.5, LAR -10 or TEN +3.

Comment

Congrats to phatman for winning our ViewFromVegas NFL Contest as he went 5-0 to finish with 56 contest points, which would have tied for 10th in the "real" SuperContest...sorry I don't have the $86,000, but we'll have a great time celebrating when you come to Vegas!!!:

phatman 56.0
        Ermine 53.5
        yisman 53.5
        Archie8 53.5
        gofer2 53.0
        TEXAN73 52.5
        tospeke 51.5
        patkeats 50.5
        Coachv29 50.0
        Mrvolo 50.0

Comment

Thanks Dave, I will look forward to that! Also, thanks for once again hosting the season-long contest. Maybe I will give it a whirl next year playing in the "real" Super Contest.

Comment

Congratulations and hope you cashed a few tickets along the way.Iwas in the real contest with 2 partners once and did not come close.Different ballgame when you are in it
            but GL if you try it.

Comment

Congrats Phatman!!! Your name is now etched in the VFV History books!

Comment

Congrats to the winner.

Comment

Says a lot about the quality of 'cappers here that Dave's contest winners would have ranked so high in the SuperContest and William Hill Challenge. Always learning something from you guys. Thanks to Dave for offering these contests. Happy New Year everyone. Here's hoping my Dawgs give Urban Liar a Going Away Ass Kicking tomorrow.

Comment

Congrats phatman !!!!

Comment

congrats

I missed the Week 10 deadline, which proved costly.

5-0 weeks in Weeks 11, 13, and 17 weren't enough to make up for it

Comment

Congratulations! I would have won if I had picked about 20 more winners!!! LMEAO!

Comment

Working...
                        X