Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Final Standings

Will post the final standings after all of todays games are finished

First a word of thanks to gcotton for running this and if you read between the lines you cashed a few tickets.Have to jump start this and congratulations to Our two leaders
    Florabamboy and my friend Eastcoast and all who Qualified.
    I think I will have to have some Summer Classes for Mr E. for going on a favorite today.GLTA in the playoffs.

Comment

Well, here they are.....The final standings!

There is still one play out, that is PITTSBURGH's play of TEN +5, that will determine if he makes the playoffs or not. FREEJACK & MTHELLER both got the needed win today to make it to the money-round. MCGRATH fell short when the Ravens couldn't hold the late 9 point edge and failed to cover.

So not counting PITTSBURGH, we currently have a Playoff field of 16 participants.
      Name Win Loss Tie Total
      EAST COAST 14 3 0 14
      FLORABAMABOY 14 3 0 14
      MR.VOLO 13 4 0 13
      RACINGCAT 13 4 0 13
      PHATMAN15 12 5 0 12
      MR. PIXTER 11 5 1 11.5
      2HOLLYWOOD 11 6 0 11
      JDMOOSE1950 11 6 0 11
      TEXAN 73 11 6 0 11
      COACHV29 10 6 1 10.5
      DAVEY SHINES 10 6 1 10.5
      FREEJACK 10 6 1 10.5
      BLUEANDGOLD65 10 6 0 10
      CAP32 10 6 0 10
      JUSTJULIE123 10 6 0 10
      MTHELLER 10 7 0 10
      MCGRATH 9 8 0 9
      PITTSBURGH 9 7 0 9

Comment

Dave will post the thread with all the playoff rules my guess is sometime Tuesday or Wednesday. With the New Year and him chasing stories from the Super Contest this week for VSIN, he might be a little preoccupied.

Comment

The field is now set for the Playoffs! PITTSBURGH couldn't get the Titans to cover last night, so he didn't get to that magic number of 10 points. You could say he fell just short like his namesake team did earlier in the day.

So we have a field of 16 (which may be the biggest playoff field ever). Best of luck to all that made it!

Comment

Last year i just sat on the sidelines and looked at the posts and learned to follow some folks for some great handicapping. If you just look at the folks that made the playoffs above these folks know what they are doing. This board also lost a couple of great handicappers this past year, and they were sorely missed for their wisdom and humor. Hopefully this next year we get some new folks like me to contribute. Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for helping me better evaluate my plays each week. If you are ever in the Lake Mary area near Orlando send me a message and glad to meet up for a cocktail and some notes.

Comment

Originally posted by florabamaboy View Post
              Last year i just sat on the sidelines and looked at the posts and learned to follow some folks for some great handicapping. If you just look at the folks that made the playoffs above these folks know what they are doing. This board also lost a couple of great handicappers this past year, and they were sorely missed for their wisdom and humor. Hopefully this next year we get some new folks like me to contribute. Happy New Year to everyone and thanks for helping me better evaluate my plays each week. If you are ever in the Lake Mary area near Orlando send me a message and glad to meet up for a cocktail and some notes.
              The season you had Sir, I sure hope you made some cash on the side. To hit at 82% is almost unheard of these days. What you and East Coast (along with the entire playoff field) did this season is amazing. We all benefit from people like yourself being on this Board. Happy New Year to you and yours! P.S. We usually spend the month of November (except for this year) on Fort Myers Beach. I know that's a ways away from your location, but we will see next Fall of we can't make it work somehow.

Comment

As I guess everybody knows I live in Aventura,Fl which is next to North Miami and one mile from Gulfstream Park.I mean this,if you are planning a day at GP
                you are my guest at their Trackside Dining Room.Only lunch and a few Also Rans.Go Bears.

Comment

Congrats to those who made the P.O.W. playoffs...for those who don't know, the reason there isn't a "P.O.W. Wild-Card Weekend" thread yet is that in the playoffs you don't get to lock in your play using VegasInsider.com lines, etc...instead, I post available contest lines (sides and total) for that week's games; however, also note that if numbers have been widely available that I will give the best option for both sides (such as -2.5 on the favorite and +3 on the underdog)...I'll be posted those each Wednesday through the playoffs. Also, in case you're not aware, you wager with the units that you earned during the regular season and decided how much you want to risk on your P.O.W. to try and build your bankroll over the next four weeks. We'll fully explain everything in the Wednesday thread. GLA

Comment

thanks Cotton and Dave for running the contest and Mr Volo always cheering me on with an e-mail, at 14-3 it proves a blind squirrel will find an acorn once in awhile, now if we have 10 dogs cover in this years playoffs like last year I may have a chance. Good Luck everyone

Comment

Working...
                    X