PLAYOFFS - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLAYOFFS - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

I guess we'll have a spot to post anything you want about stuff you are betting on, and finish up what happens in Adam's pools...I just got back into town after my Dawgs, dogged it at the Rose Bowl...I knew it was gonna be tough...Can't get stuck in the gate vs. a good team. Still a GREAT day there as it always is!!!!!!! I did win a 6-pack off Cotton though!!!!! LOL!

In the million dollar pool, there were 10-players left...7 had winners, 3 had NYG! Can you imagine losing out on $100,000 dollars on that game???? OMG...DAL plays hard for starters...Then scores on the last drive with a 4th and 15 play conversion...THEN, a 2-point conversion to WIN IT!!! Put yourself in those three guys' position...How the hell would have been feeling on that drive, and the 2-pointer....They won't move from the fetal position for weeks. I'm guessing they had some sort of hedge I hope, but nothing that got them 100K!!!! HOLY CRAP!!!! The survivors got $162,000 as they don't go into the playoffs. WOW!

For fun, maybe put your list out of playoff teams like you were in Adam's pool, and could only pick a team once...Up to you. We can have pretend playoff survivor contest....Lizzzzzzzzzy wants to play!!!!

This was on Adam #1 pool message board...

"There have been 6 players left since Week 15. There has been some discussion, but no split has been agreed upon yet. At the end of the regular season, by rule, half the pot is split among those 6 remaining players, and the other half is continued to be played for, winner take all. So, each of these players has already won $17,358.33, and are playing for the remaining $104,150.00, unless they unanimously agree on a different split arrangement."

This was on Adam #2 pool message board...

"At Week 15, there were 6 players left. At that time, they agreed to each take $4K, and play for the remaining $19,600. Then, after Week17, there are 2 players left. They have just agreed to take another $9300 each, and play for the remaining $1000, AND the title of NFLSurvivor2 Champion!!! Good luck to the Final Two"
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 01-02-2019, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Had your Team In Rose Bowl and got a backdoor cover,I did give up in game.Was in Pasadena once and drove by a empty Rose Bowl and was impressed and it was as I said empty.Going with Seattle in POW and hope my steak continues with teams I pick here.I do not keep records but think I have over 10 winners listed in a row.Told the Mrs.while watching RB you were there and she did say is that the one who dates Lizzy.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
        Seahawk Rick commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL! Yes, the one that dates Lizzy in his dreams...

I am glad you got the cover...I didn't check lines close to the game, but they dropped a bit as I think it hit 6.5 and 7 at a few places last week.

It's a great set up and I've never been there when it has rained...Two semi-cloudy days is as bad as it ever got.

I like the Seachickens chances down in Big D...Gotta play clean football, and can't have 148 yards of penalties like the SF game, or any fricking punts blocked like the ARI game, BUT, ifffffff they can play a clean game, I think they can win a close one. DAL better than they were the first time they both played. DAL win over NYG was crazy and hope they don't pull that crap on SEA!!!!! Good luck!!!

Adam Pool Summaries...

I can see both CHI and DAL losing or winning...Both people playing for $1000 that is left after splits in Adam 2 will move on, or split the $1000 if CHI loses.

Adam 1 players are going for the $104K still left after regular season mandatory split. I think one of those two teams lose, and I hope it's DAL!!!!!!!!!
      X
      Adam 1 Adam 2
      Click image for larger version

Name:	adam1w18.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	4578 Click image for larger version

Name:	adam2week18.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	4579

Comment

Lizzzzzzzy says....

I will keep this going as if I was in Adam's pool still having to navigate the playoffs...

My regular season would have knocked me out of a survivor pool, but it was good to find teams that could be good choices...12-4 would have been good for betting at least!

Week 1: BALT --- -(W)
        Week 2: SF --------(W)
        Week 3: HOU------(L)
        Week 4: LAC ------(W)
        Week 5: CAR ------(W)
        Week 6: ATL-------(W)
        Week 7: KC --------(W)
        Week 8: CHI -------(W)
        Week 9: DAL-------(L)
        Week 10: GB-------(W)
        Week 11: ARI-------(L)
        Week 12: INDY-----(W)
        Week 13: SEA------(W)
        Week 14: BUFF----(L)
        Week 15: MINN----(W)
        Week 16: LAR-----(W)
        Week 17: NE-------(W)

For the Wildcard round of the playoffs, I will go with INDY...They are hot, and HOU has a good record, but didn't play a lot of top tier teams it seems....LUCK will be on my side!!

WC: INDY

Lizzzzy likes to get LUCKy too!

Comment

Seahawk Rick, I love your prognostication of the bears and cowboys can both either win, or lose. Reminds me some of herb kirkstreit and his college gameday selections

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            it jus means it's a fucking toss up with both games imho.....CHI shouldnt be that big a favorite...i don't be surprised if they both lose.

I already picked INDY....SEA...BALT....PHILLY is my list of winners this weekend.

Was rooting for a Seahawk win Rick-- get em next year----least they covered but as a fan I know that is small consolation to you..

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
            Seahawk Rick commented
            Editing a comment
            Most of the 'expert's' thought they'd suck this season and not make playoffs at all....This is like 2012 team that is young and hungry needing a couple pieces to make a deeper run next year.

Not being able to run on them set us back...Good game plan by them. The backbreaker was 3rd and 14 where Dak got the first down...Hold them to 3 there and SEA had a shot to win.

DAL loses to whomever they play next.
            Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 01-08-2019, 08:45 PM.

Adam pool Tuesday 1-8 update...

Adam #2 pool is over as both the players playing for the last $1000 had CHI, and the DOINK knocked both of them out so their pool is over.

Adam #1 had 6-people left with 4 of them on CHI...OPPS! They lost out on a chance to get a chunk of the $100,000 left in that pool after the mandatory chop after the regular season.
          There has been one person in that pool not wanting to chop at all before the end of the regular season, and on the lead up to the first round of the playoffs. Kharma didn't get him it seems, as one of the other players in the playoffs said he had DAL. Nothing on the message board says if there might be a chop before this weekend. Stay tuned....

Comment

Adam pool Friday 1-11 update...

NO chop of the remaining $100,000...They BOTH picked LAR, so it moves on to the Conference weekend.

Comment

Lizzzzzzzy says....

I will keep this going as if I was in Adam's pool still having to navigate the playoffs...

My regular season would have knocked me out of a survivor pool, but it was good to find teams that could be good choices...12-4 would have been good for betting at least!

For the Divisional round of the playoffs, I will go with LAR...Not confident enough in any of the teams playing to take them, but I feel that if LAR can slow down Zek, they can win. LAR will pass the ball, where SEA decided not to do it and force the run. Probably 50% DAL fans in the stands, but I think LAR can win a game in the high 20's and move on...

WC: INDY............(W)
              DIV: LAR

Lizzzzy's cups are running over!

Comment

Lizzzzzzzy says....

For the Conference round of the playoffs, I will go with KC...This is tough, because you might still need to have the Super Bowl winner in Adam's pool to win it all, or at least have a team to use that is in the SB. You can theoretically win or share the prize even without a team in the SB, but depends on what happens with the other players. I like KC at home with the noise on their side...IFFF KC can get out to an early lead, and get the crowd rolling even more, it will be tough on NE. KC D has to come up with a TO or two to slow down Tommy boy. I expect a close one, where the last drive might decide it. I'll still have the NFC Champ in the SB IFFF KC were to win. We shall see...

WC: INDY............(W)
                DIV: LAR.............(W)
                CONF: KC

This is her outfit for the KC game! I need to go and keep her warm...

Comment

ADAM POOL SUMMARY...CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP

Well, we might get a winner if KC or NO loses...OR both get knocked out, OR both head to the SB tied! I'm not sure who the guy that has been holding out on a chop is.
                  O

Click image for larger version  Name:	adamw20.JPG Views:	1 Size:	9.3 KB ID:	4947
                  Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 01-20-2019, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Adam Pool FINAL....

Well, I wasn't looking at one of the threads on Adam's #1 pool that got updated...The two guys that were still playing for $108K did a couple of splits so it's OVER!!!!!!

re: Pot Split Update... - Author: adamb Date: 1/6/2019 8:27:24 PM
                    In Week1 of the playoffs, there were 6 players left, and 4 of them lost on CHI. The other 2 moved on with DAL. They then decided to each take $25K out, and play for the remaining $54,150.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    re: Pot Split Update... - Author: adamb Date: 1/11/2019 9:41:58 AM
                    The two remaining players have decided to split the $54K and play for the remaining $150, and the all-important Bragging Rights. Congrats to you both.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    re: Pot Split Update... - Author: adamb Date: 1/11/2019 9:47:22 AM
                    So, the final numbers for this pool:
                    Total Pot: $208,300
                    4 Players won $17,358.33 each
                    2 Players won $69,358.34 each
                    2 Players still playing for $150.00 (and the title of NFL Survivor)!!!

Comment

That's it boys!!!

Come back next year!!!!!

Have a lovely offseason...I'm heading to England to have tea with Lizzy...She doesn't know it yet!

Comment

I agree with your PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X