Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL P.O.W 16.0

Colts +5.5 (Will Hill)

This pick apparently isn't going to help me with the top contestants, so win or lose, I'll stay close. I was on the Colts Sunday, but delayed my pick. The Colts have a top 10 defense and offense, have limites the pass rushes of Dallas and Houston effectively, and should be able to do so against the strongest part of a weak Chiefs defense. KC QB is in his first playoff, so he may follow the pattern of having trouble the first time out. I think the Colts hold the ball and limit the chances for the Chiefs. Bad weather will hurt the Chiefs worse than the Colts. Chiefs could certainly win this, but the Colts cover in a close one.

Comment

My play is for 5 units.

Comment

pow 5 pats -4
        LA has been playing every week since October bye
        - NE rested on bye week

- LA has no cold weather victories
        - NE historically strong at home in playoffs
        - NE historically strong in cold weather

Comment

POW 5.5

OVER 50.5 Saints vs Eagles

Saints are well rested and play so much faster at home that I see them exploiting the weak Eagles secondary. Foles will continue to play well also. Kamara is a mis-match for any LB or DB that Philly will try and guard him with. With no elements to deal with the Offenses will flourish. This one approaches 60 points.

GL to all

Comment

Originally posted by Texan 73 View Post
            Just a thought. Nearly everyone was a winner last week, so the standings didn't change much. I was in this contest 2-3 years ago and it seems like you could wager as many points or as few as you wanted based on what you had. This added the opportunity to move up even though your pick was the same as someone else. Last week, everyone put up 5 points, so the standings didn't change much. Those who played Dallas and Seattle all won the same thing, so not much changed. If they had been allowed to wager whatever, things might be more interesting. Thanks for the contest and all the hard work that goes in to it. Food for thought.
            Texan73....I'll take this under advisement (to allow whatever units qualifiers want to risk, basically making it "No-Limit P.O.W." Though, as Mrvolo chimed in, this contest ends up coming down to who can go 4-0 on the NFL playoff weekends and I have no problem with the tiebreaker essentially being who accumulated the most units during the regular season. Besides, the most important thing (I.M.H.O.) is having a spot for VFV's best handicappers during the season give their reasons for their picks each weekend and sharing with the group. And I like just the top pick, so that's why I doubt I'll consider caseinpoint's suggestion to return to the days where qualifiers used parlays/teasers/props etc...I felt it watered down the product and got away from the main focus. At least the "any units approach" is still keeping in line with the main focus of someone's top play and maybe emphasizes more if they're willing to go all-in (though maybe a cap of 10 units would be a fair compromise). GLA

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
              Seahawk Rick commented
              Editing a comment
              I am a HUGE proponent of a no limit betting format, and keeping the type of bets they way they are now. Somehow I won this thing back when they played with leather helmets, and I 'potted' my weekly bet with all the points I had every week I think...I feel the leaders can 'pot it' every week to stay in the lead, but if a few leaders falter, it gives players down the ladder a way to get to the top of the leaderboard. The 10-point limit might be a good compromise to start with...With my luck I'll do well enough to be in a tie with someone for the win, but lose in a tiebreaker!!! LMEAO!

A secondary plan could be to keep it at 5-points, but be able to make a bet on Saturday games, and then again on Sunday games in the first two weeks of the playoffs.

Originally posted by SportsBettor View Post
            Hey Dave,

Any word from the TOP Guys of Supercontest/GN or the winners of either this week? Would appreciate feedback, thank you so much.
            Golden Nugget winner Monsterloc concentrates more on NCAA...same with 3rd place Paul Stone and don't think he was even on VSiN this week.

There Can Be Only 1 (aka Squarepants) just does NFL, but his whole process is narrowing 12-16 games down to 5 and loses that selectivity edge at playoff time...he's also on record as getting back to lawyer work and working out to keep in shape and not worrying about playoffs...as he told Brent Musburger on VSiN when he was pumping him for picks, "If I was a tout, I would have to say I have plays and I love these plays...but I'm not a tout so I don't."

As for Personal Gourmet, he's also back to work...I thought he had easiest excuse to go to New Jersey for DK tourney, but he said if he's going anywhere it would be New Orleans to see his Eagles play...he's also mostly enjoying the "time off" from what he called a job...17 weeks of checking the lines every day and all the injury reports, etc.

So, I Sports Bettor, I wouldn't expect any plays from any of them as it's obviously not a priority with any of them. Besides, before wild-card weekend, I told you Personal Gourmet called the Chargers the best team in the NFL, so that was pretty much an endorsement of that play (and I would take it as another play on the Chargers this week as he called the Patriots the playoff talent with the 12th-best overall talent), plus I told you he was hoping for Eagles +7. Sorry I never replied, but, yes, we all took Eagles +6.5 anyway. That's 2-0 so no complaints.

Comment

Hey Dave, Any word from the TOP Guys of Supercontest/GN or the winners of either this week? Would appreciate feedback, thank you so much.

Comment

Dave,

yes it would've been nice had you replied as I was constantly checking these boards but you didn't reply 2 me!

Comment

New Orleans -8
                  (5 units)

I'll take the largest favorite this week. It's difficult to dismiss the defending champion as long as they are still in it but I think the Saints could run away with the game. Philly is playing their 5th road game out of their last 6 played. Teams coming off a bye in the divisional round have done well historically. Not sure the Eagles secondary will do much to slow down the Saints passing attack. I expect Philly to show some pride early but if the Saints score on their first couple of possessions, it could be a deja vu moment for Philly when Saints blew them out in the regular season and spiral downward. Saints win by double digits.

Comment

Sorry to include my # of Units....my selection is for 5 Units...sorry and thanks

Comment

are people not aware of the 3 teams that went 1-5 and got in the playoffs and how it turned out for them?

Comment

POW (16)
                        Colts/KC Under 57.5

Weather and the fact that my mathematical model tells me this game should have started out as a total of 54, all lends to the fact that this should be an under today. Colts will be able to run the ball, which helps keep the clock moving. Colts defense has improved all season long, and the only fear I have is that KC will not be able to run the ball, and Mahomes will throw it 40+ times, which will yield to stopping the clock and turnovers. Personally, I favor all the dogs and unders this weekend, but this game offers the best value. Gimme the under today in KC/Indy. Good luck to all!!

Comment

• SportsBettor
                          SportsBettor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Did you forget to include your UNITS???

• phatman15
                          phatman15 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I posted below,, 5 units

Originally posted by SportsBettor View Post
                        Dave,

yes it would've been nice had you replied as I was constantly checking these boards but you didn't reply 2 me!
                        He did reply to you. You need to check the posts.

Comment

Saints -8 (5 units)

Sean Payton has had 2 weeks to prepare the team and iron out wrinkles. The starters have had 3 weeks to rest their bodies. The Who Dat Nation will be rocking the superdome! The Foles magic fizzles out this week. Foles will try to do to much and the opportunistic Saints defense will get a turnover. Drew is going to have his way picking on the rookie CB. This game should be more competitive this time around. The Saints win by 2 scores.

Comment

• phatman15
                            phatman15 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            for those of us that are Eagle fans and bettors, we are hoping those two scores are a safety and a field goal,,, Good luck!!

The play above will be for 5 units,, thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                          X