Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL P.O.W. (Play of Week) Contest: qualifiers make conference title game picks here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You already posted 1 Unit. It wouldn't be fair to others that you can suddenly change it to 5 just because I woke you up to reality. The extreme carefreeness of people on this site amazes me. There's even other users who didn't even even BOTHER posting how many units their play was! Unreal...

Comment

I agree I said 1 unit and I'm fine with it

Comment

Originally posted by east coast View Post
        I agree I said 1 unit and I'm fine with it
        Nope read your last post you were trying to squeeze it to a 5 unit play cuz you realized that I was right..... dont try to rip your competitors off man. That's not cool.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
          Seahawk Rick commented
          Editing a comment
          SportsBettor...Take it down several notches please. This is all for FUN, with NO MONEY on the line, just a challenge to anyone that wants to test their handicapping skills, (or lack thereof in my case!) against other members of the site. It's fine to point out if there is an error, or omission in someones post, but getting in their grill for how they bet their points is their business, and not yours. EC made it to the playoffs with 15-others, it's tougher than it looks as you know since you didn't make the playoffs along with many others. FRIENDLY competition here my man...Lets keep it that way.

Just sit back and watch to see who becomes champion of this prestigious contest, and how they get there. It will go down wire in the Super Bowl it looks like...

What exactly is it that you contribute to this forum? All you do is beg for picks and call people out when they make a play you don’t like or you tail and lose. Get a life dude, none of us owe you a single thing.

Comment

mtheller i can ask you the same thing. you been a member for nearly 6 months yet i just barely and already have more posts than you so how about lookin in the mirror 1st and answering the question you just asked me?

Comment

• mtheller
            mtheller commented
            Editing a comment
            It’s simple, it’s quality over quantity. I’m not a professional gambler/handicapper by any means, I’m an amateur at best. I lurk around and read and appreciate others insight. Made some damn good e-friends here. Heck, I even sent a “stranger” on here money to split an eliminator pick, never met him, might not ever meet him, but I have respect for people that post here.

• Mr Pixter
            Mr Pixter commented
            Editing a comment
            I think there is something you obviously don't understand. Your join date is 1/1/2019. Despite what you see, most us us have been around for five to ten years on this site. The August 2018 date you see is only the date, Dave went to a new forum provider. Since you don't understand much and like to cause friction, I'm sure you don't know that mtheller has been around longer than Aug 2018. Respect for others is what keeps this site going, learn some.

POW

KC/NE over 55 (5 UNITS)

Currently, the best value on the board in relation to the lines we have to pick from, and the current lines on the board, the two best values on our board are over in KC/NE and Rams + 3 1/2. While I have respect for the Rams, I fear the inexperience of Goff, and although I like the Rams running game, I think the Saints get it done and beat the Rams. That takes us to the total in New England and KC. These two teams have played twice over the past two seasons, and they have averaged 76 points over those two games. That leaves a difference of three touchdowns over the total of 55. Gimme the over in KC/ New England, where a concession touchdown late in the game might be the difference in taking the game over. Good luck to all still in the hunt!!

Comment

Rams +3.5 (5 units)

When the Saints beat the Rams in November, I told myself that the Rams would win in a playoff rematch. I'm not convinced Brees is 100%, he looks a little off to me (shoulder maybe?). Rams defense looked better to me last week than they showed much of the season. Talib being back makes a difference. Suh looked strong last week. I trust Wade Phillips to scheme a good game and hold the Saints offense in check. Rams win outright, but I will take the 3.5 as a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by SportsBettor View Post
              East coast are u forgetting your in a COMPETITION??? Of course the lines are tight but how the hell do you think you can win now that you foolishly played your pic for ONLY 1 unit??? You just made the biggest boneheaded play of the year so far.... Go for the GUSTO!!!
              Finally someone here with a brain aside from me....

Doesn't matter if he's 14-3 or 17-0. Why enter this non-monetary prize tournament if you're not even gonna give yourself a chance to win? Makes no bloody sense.

Comment

• SportsBettor
                SportsBettor commented
                Editing a comment
                DELIVERY? Sorry I have a MUCH better career then being a pizza delivery boy so unlike you I'm afraid I dont need to work on that. Thanks for concern, though!

• Buckeyefan80
                Buckeyefan80 commented
                Editing a comment
                No one ever brought up anything about careers because no one in this forum cares what others do for a job. You obviously don't understand what delivery means so let me break it down for you. The way you write your comments rubs people the wrong way. You come across as an asshole "know it all" instead of giving people constructive criticism. Calling people fools and telling them they're making big boneheaded plays is not constructive at all, it really just creates animosity toward you.

• SportsBettor
                SportsBettor commented
                Editing a comment
                Again, if I wanted your opinion or cared 2 shits about what you had to say you would have already known. But again, it's all good in the hood baby!!

NO -3 (5 units)

I think the experience of Brees and Payton at home on that surface in that building is just too much to overcome for even the Rams - experience and my lack of belief in Goff being able to carry the Rams to this win is why I like the Saints.

Comment

pats + 3 ( 5 units)
                Going with the experience......
                In their lone road game against an opponent that reached the playoffs, New England handed Chicago its only home loss of the season in Week 7, 38-31—it was the most points the Bears allowed all season.
                Patriots are great defending the deep pass, Belichick teases teams to throw deep...and this Pats team defends it very well.
                Look for NE tight ends to have a big game.........

Comment

10 units total

chiefs -3 for 5 units

the margin of victory for chiefs at home is much greater than margin of victory for Pat's on road. Pat's have not been a good road team statistically and ats. Arrowhead will be hard place to play today as well, both weather (Pat's 6-6 below 30°) and noise.

Comment

• Blueandgold65
                    Blueandgold65 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, I had picked pats/chiefs to go over 55, rams +3.5, rams/saints under 57 and chiefs -3. Four picks and my best - and only incorrect one was chiefs -3...which I thought was best play. And with help from Dee Ford I lost what I thought was my fourth correct pick of the day, when Brady's third interception was overturned by Ford lining up in neutral zone.

Great games and congratulations to Mtheller and Phatman who are in the lead.As posted I was on NE and over for a nice cash but my real score
                  came on a prop bet.My man put up # s on which team would score most points and also which QB had most yds.I took a parlay on NE and Brady
                  for +250 and +275.
                  On to SB and guess where my 5 units are going.

Comment

• SportsBettor
                    SportsBettor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    mtheller, why would you ASSume his play is for 5 units? It could have also been for 1, 2, 3, or 4 units, right? If someone is carefree enough to omit the unit amount associated to the POW, then that person doesn't deserve his play counting in the first place!

• mtheller
                    mtheller commented
                    Editing a comment
                    nobody owes you an explanation. move on to some other forum. your contributions (or lack there of) are unwanted here.

• SportsBettor
                    SportsBettor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Feel free to move on yourself. You're just a nobody and WANNABE "sportsbettor" (unlike me).

Oh, boy. I dropped the ball this weekend by not monitoring this thead (thought I could put it on auto-pilot after setting the lines LMEAO, though I'm sure SportsBettor will knock me for that!

SportsBettor...THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING (think I warned you before, but not sure, so giving 1 last chance) TO STOP WITH THE UNPROVOKED ATTACKS AND/OR PUTDOWNS. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH SOMEONE'S PICKS, THERE ARE PLENTY OF CIVIL WAYS TO DO THAT, ESPECIALLY GIVING AN ARGUMENT FOR THE OTHER SIDE, BUT NO MORE WITH THE PERSONAL ATTACKS. YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T "GET IT" IN REGARDS TO THIS CONTEST EVEN THOUGH SEVERAL HAVE TRIED TO EXPLAIN IT. THIS IS MEANT TO SHARE OPINIONS ON THE GAMES (and while I agree with your sentiment that east coast should play to win, I actually appreciated his honest opinion that there wasn't a big edge this past weekend in either game and it certainly did turn out that both games could have gone either way). DESPITE YOU "BEING RIGHT," YOU STILL COULD HAVE HANDLED IT MORE TACTFULLY. FOR THE RECORD, I GO GIVE A $100 NFL.com GIFT CARD TO THE WINNER OF THIS CONTEST, BUT THAT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING IN HOW WE SHOULD CONDUCT OURSELVES HERE.

Here's the updated P.O.W. standings after the conference championship games...our qualifiers went just 7-6 ATS and are a still respectable 24-19 ATS (55.8%) overall in the playoffs (and, if you ask me, the record is much better if we toss out the games where we have players on opposing sides and which are automatically going to go 1-1 and reduce the winning percentage; for instance, if we cancel out the opposing plays on LAR/NO and NE/KC, the rest went 3-2 ATS for 60% with KC/NE Over being a unanimous best bet; this is the stuff that "SportsBettor" should have been focusing on).

Phatman15 has moved into first place, just ahead of mtheller. Super Bowl lines will be posted NEXT Wednesday for the final round of picks (and hopefully more useful discussion of the Super Bowl instead of this other nonsense with proved no purpose than to clutter an otherwise enjoyable thread):

PHATMAN15 12 5 0 12+4=16+5=21+5=26

MTHELLER 10 7 0 10+5=15+5=20+5=25

EAST COAST 14 3 0 14+5=19-5=14+5=19

MR.VOLO 13 4 0 13+5=18-5=13+5=18

RACINGCAT 13 4 0 13+5=18-5=13+5=18

MR. PIXTER 11 5 1 11.5+5=16.5+5=21.5-5=16.5

TEXAN 73 11 6 0 11+5=16-5=11+5=16

CAP32 10 6 0 10-5=5+5=10+5=15

JUSTJULIE123 10 6 0 10

FLORABAMABOY 14 3 0 14+5=19-5=14-5=9

JDMOOSE1950 11 6 0 11+5=16-5=11-5=6

2HOLLYWOOD 11 6 0 11-5=6=5=11-5=6

FREEJACK 10 6 1 10.5+5=15.5-5=10.5-5=5.5

BLUEANDGOLD65 10 6 0 10+5=15-5=10-5=5

Comment

NOTE FROM ADMINISTRATOR: SportsBettor has been Banned for 2 days for "Continuing Personal Attacks After Warning."

SportsBettor can resume posting on Saturday morning. Hopefully he gets with the program instead of being a destructive force.

Note to SportsBettor in regards to post in "The Limper" thread...you quoted my reply but I'm not sure you read it or you would understand why your comments are not constructive. Yes, you stated facts, but also in a hostile manner. And WJCJR openly posts The Limper's record so it's not like you're busting him or anything. And as others have stated, no one is telling you to follow him (or anyone else) so the combative attitude is uncalled for. I'm sure you're not happy with the 2-day Ban, but hopefully you can step back and take a look at how your behavior has rubbed everyone the wrong way. I saw in the daily pick thread (Wednesday 1/23) and then your frustration that no one was replying...well, that should tell you how fed up everyone has been over your posts here. I probably should have done a lifetime ban, but I believe in second chances and think you could contribute around here...I just wish you would make an attempt instead of always starting with a negative post about what others are doing/not doing.

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                      Seahawk Rick commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just read through all his posts...He should be banned for TWO lifetimes...I hope he's on the zero tolerance program and gone after the first negative utterance...That won't take long.

With ALL due respect to Dave which he deserves, he doesn't really contribute at all to the forum and to my knowledge never has. What he has done though is stirred the pot enough that we are commenting on him which I think he loves. He'll be back and we'll see what happens. I for one though, will not respond to him anymore.

GL to all

Comment

• Mrvolo
                      Mrvolo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      i agree Coach and also not respond.The one thing he never does is give a opinion before a game.I have a Under/Over of
                      2 Days before he is banned for good.
                  Working...
                  X