Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFV Glory Days...how to get back to that

Hi Dave,

Back in the day, your website was a fun place to be. Many threads not devoted to being a degenerate gambler, but more about gambling and life in general...with a lot of great stories...and being respectful of other posters. Kind of feeling like hanging out and talking with good friends. And I do recognize some posters still here from those days...they still believe.

I believe too...if you would be willing to step up against the degenerate trolls who have plagued your website since then. No one of any quality wants to keep reading their posts being constantly trolled by degenerate idiots who post negative stuff constantly...and add zero content.

Just my $.02.,..best wishes going forward either way...you are an excellent reporter regardless.

DKLV....I wish there was a "love" button on here, but I gave you a like for what it's worth. You nailed it my friend. Seems as if there is always one bad apple in every crate. Brings absolutely nothing to this forum, except to maybe run people off, which is a very sad way to go through life. Dave has tried to deal with this once before, but with all of his commitments these days, I'm sure being a babysitter to a bunch of us is the last thing he wants to do.

I would love to have enough time in my day to help him out and take charge of this forum. Just to make it one less thing he needs to worry about. I just hope it's not too late and this one bad apple starts to give Dave and everything he is associated with a bad rap.

Again, kudos DKLV on your post and best of luck to in all your wagers!

Comment

• mtheller
      mtheller commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, think it would be good for Dave to have a couple of co-moderators on the site. People that spend a good amount of time and see most of what is put out there.

“Like button”...... I hit send........ very well said

Comment

I agree 100%.I have made many new friends on this site.Somebody I did not know had 2 seats to last year’s Florida Derby and in the Derby Posts I mentioned I was going and out of the Blue because he was not I had 2 great seats worth 200$ gratis.My friend in Seattle called during one of our Hurricanes to see if I was OK etc.Also you are never too old to learn and have cashed a few more tickets by paying attention.Lets keep the good going and ignore the negatives.

Comment

Use the Flag button next to the Like button to report abusive posters.

Comment

• gcotton
          gcotton commented
          Editing a comment
          I had no idea this could be done. Thanks a million Barnstorm!!!

Originally posted by dklv View Post
        hi dave,

back in the day, your website was a fun place to be. Many threads not devoted to being a degenerate gambler, but more about gambling and life in general...with a lot of great stories...and being respectful of other posters. Kind of feeling like hanging out and talking with good friends. And i do recognize some posters still here from those days...they still believe.

I believe too...if you would be willing to step up against the degenerate trolls who have plagued your website since then. No one of any quality wants to keep reading their posts being constantly trolled by degenerate idiots who post negative stuff constantly...and add zero content.

Just my $.02.,..best wishes going forward either way...you are an excellent reporter regardless.

very well put.thx.

Comment

Originally posted by barnstorm View Post
          Use the Flag button next to the Like button to report abusive posters.
          I just went back and "flagged" 3 separate posts from the same forum member in the same thread......

Comment

Originally posted by gcotton View Post

I just went back and "flagged" 3 separate posts from the same forum member in the same thread......
            This makes it easier for Dave. If he gets a report from the site of many flags from trusted members on certain trolls, then he can at least suspend the trolls, or put them in the penalty box for a while.

Comment

• Buckeyefan80
              Buckeyefan80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dave had already suspended him and told him it was his last chance before being banned. If enough of us report him hourly Dave will finally pull the trigger and ban the idiot. Like cotton said, with all Dave's commitments it's hard to him to keep up with everything. Maybe he can entrust someone else to run the site.

MR VOLO
            im in Daytona Beach and going to GP for Presidents’ Day on a trip to Key west. I’m stopping in Sunrise to see the Habs play Sunday and on to GP next day
            if you are going to the track I’d love to meet you .
            PM me if you are
            "A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
            “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

• Mrvolo
              Mrvolo commented
              Editing a comment
              My friend Dr.Jay is also going that day.Will plan on going for a few races.Sounds like a nice little trip you have planned.Will PM my cell later this week.

One thing I've noticed about this guy is he has to be from the past because of the way he "talks." If you can't figure it out and want to know it will have to be through messaging. I don't want to give it away since he will probably just make another account to troll once this one gets banned.

Comment

• mtheller
              mtheller commented
              Editing a comment
              You should be able to ban someone based on logins from IP addresses. I got into it once with the owner of a FSU message board and the minute I create a new account, it is banned. Heck, I can't even post on their Facebook posts anymore either.

• Buckeyefan80
              Buckeyefan80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hope Dave has that ability.

Well said DKLV!
            Bar none, The Group of horse racing handicappers on this sight are the best bar none. Once a discussion got started on a Friday night......watch out ....Epic....Even during big days or just regular weekend discussions I picked up knowledge and insights on what people were thinking and how to construct tickets.
            I agree, "hanging out with friends" I've met some of the "reno connection" in person and wished a would have met alot more of you in Vegas especially the horse handicappers! But I've always enjoyed people posting their bets and rooting picks home even though I didn't have betting interest.
            I remember being in Reno at a conference on a Thursday night and posted before I left if Dupe or anybody had a pick ? Dupe gave an evangaline downs TRi and super...He nailed it....I got the Tri and exacta...I think the TRI paid over 600 for 50 cents(yes a signer) ...but it was worth it...Wife came over the weekend!..... Oh Geez time for work.....

Comment

• mtheller
              mtheller commented
              Editing a comment
              Pretty sure you won't have to worry about him posted on horse threads as that is considered a hillbilly sport, lol.
          Working...
          X