Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 2 (Sept. 13-17) Post Plays Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 NFL P.O.W. (Play Of the Week) Contest: Week 2 (Sept. 13-17) Post Plays Here

This is the thread for the 2018 VFV NFL P.O.W. contest. The following are the rules for this year (the same as in the past):

1. All contestants must be a member in good standing with VFV
    2. Players make one (1) single play ATS each week during the NFL regular season
    3. A correct play results in one (1) point being awarded. A "push" or tie, results in a half point (1/2) being awarded
    4. An Incorrect play results in zero (0) points being awarded
    5. All lines MUST be taken from the following website each week: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
    6. All lines must be -120 or less (must be posted on above site...no buying 1/2 point)
    7. Only Vegas Sports Books listed on the VI website will be allowed
    8. The following Books will NOT be allowed: VI Consensus, BetOnline, PepperMill, Atlantis Reno
    9. The following selections are allowed: Full Game Side, Full Game Total, First Half Side, First Half Total (NO MONEYLINES ALLOWED)
    10. Plays MUST be submitted each week by kickoff of last scheduled game.
    11. Plays must be in the following format (or close to it):

2018 NFL P.O.W. (0-0-0 (post your current record here))

Atlanta Falcons +3 (Golden Nugget)
    (This is where you will post your reasoning for this selection. It doesn't have to be a book or even a full paragraph, but more than just "I think the Falcons are better.")

12. Myself, Seahawk Rick (the artist formerly known as Cybergolf) or any other I deem so, will have final ruling on if a play is valid (ie: Wrong line, Wrong Book, Not enough reasoning given, etc)
    13. The first couple of weeks I will give the benefit of the doubt to any newcomers on here...veterans, you know the rules, LMEAO
    14. To qualify for the playoff round of this competition, players must have a total of 10 points by the end of the regular season (week 17)...important note: your points will be the number of Units you start with in the playoff portion of the contest that runs through the Super Bowl)
    15. Prizes to be determined by DaveTuley....we've had fellow posters offer up prizes in the past, so please let me know if anyone has anything to offer or ideas for yours truly (yes, this is an edit by DaveTuley I'd like to have a prize for the person earning the most points during the regular season...and then the overall champ after the Super Bowl (and perhaps a runner-up prize).
    16. NO EDITING!!!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask and best of luck this season!
    Last edited by gcotton; 09-11-2018, 06:44 AM.

In Week #1 we went a combined 36-27-1 (.563) ATS

Overall, we are a combined 36-27-1 (.563) ATS

Here are the updated standings after Week 1:
    Name Win Loss Tie Total
    2HOLLYWOOD 1 0 0 1
    AARON24 1 0 0 1
    BARRYT 1 0 0 1
    BLUEANDGOLD65 1 0 0 1
    BRUINGUY 1 0 0 1
    BUCKEYEFAN80 1 0 0 1
    BUCKY 1 0 0 1
    CHAMOINLA 1 0 0 1
    COMPASS ROSE 1 0 0 1
    DAVE TULEY 1 0 0 1
    DAVEY SHINES 1 0 0 1
    DMAC 1 0 0 1
    DUKOWSKI 1 0 0 1
    EAST COAST 1 0 0 1
    FEARLESS830 1 0 0 1
    FLORABAMABOY 1 0 0 1
    GREAT SANTINI 1 0 0 1
    JPDAWG 1 0 0 1
    JUSTJULIE123 1 0 0 1
    LEGZ_AKIMBO 1 0 0 1
    MCGRATH 1 0 0 1
    MR. PIXTER 1 0 0 1
    MR.VOLO 1 0 0 1
    NINERUTEFAN 1 0 0 1
    NOTJDAIGLE 1 0 0 1
    PHATMAN15 1 0 0 1
    PITTSBURGH 1 0 0 1
    RACINGCAT 1 0 0 1
    RAY 1 0 0 1
    SENATOR L 1 0 0 1
    TAKETHEREDEYE 1 0 0 1
    TARB 1 0 0 1
    TBONE2630 1 0 0 1
    TONYLOVE 1 0 0 1
    UMOP APISDN 1 0 0 1
    XAVIER ROB 1 0 0 1
    J.HERB 0 0 1 0.5
    AMAZINGMOM 0 1 0 0
    ANYBODYBUTTIGER 0 1 0 0
    ASTEROID M 0 1 0 0
    AZTEC10 0 1 0 0
    BARNSTORM 0 1 0 0
    BIGGATOR53 0 1 0 0
    CASEINPOINT 0 1 0 0
    COACHV29 0 1 0 0
    DEANO 0 1 0 0
    DGOOSE111 0 1 0 0
    EIEIO 0 1 0 0
    ERMINE 0 1 0 0
    FREEJACK 0 1 0 0
    GCOTTON 0 1 0 0
    JDMOOSE1950 0 1 0 0
    JPFITZ7 0 1 0 0
    MR. OUTSIDEVEGAS 0 1 0 0
    MTHELLER 0 1 0 0
    PJFROMCHICAGO 0 1 0 0
    RAO80 0 1 0 0
    ROCKMAN IN PA 0 1 0 0
    SEAHAWK RICK 0 1 0 0
    SKULLF 0 1 0 0
    STR8OUTTADURANGO 0 1 0 0
    STRMCHSR1 0 1 0 0
    TEXAN 73 0 1 0 0
    WJCJR 0 1 0 0
    Last edited by gcotton; 09-11-2018, 06:37 AM.

Comment

1-0 for 1 point
      Cleveland +8.5 ..... Wynn
      I will come right back and take the Browns again this week. Cleveland gave Pittsburgh all it could handle and New Orleans stunk it up versus Tampa Bay. There are a lot of talented players on Cleveland's roster this year.

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (1-0-0)

LA Chargers - 7.5 Wynn
        More a fade of Buffalo than on the Chargers. I think this years Buffalo's ineptness will set back the franchise years. Did you see that game last week? BRUTAL. I think Bama would be laying 6 against this squad.

Comment

Pow DETROIT LIONS-7

If this D coached by Patricia can't throw the kitchen sink at Darnold then I miss my guess. A shutout is likely here but I'll say 20-3. It opened 6 in April and with Matthew v Sam now that should be 9. Lay it
          twitter.com/marcbryanjacob

Comment

2018 POW (1-0-0)

San Francisco 49ers -3.5 Stations

Lions have a short week after playing Monday night, and now have to contend with a west coast road game. 49ers were competitive on the road against a very strong Vikings team, and I think they can cover taking the step down in class playing the Lions at home.

Comment

NFL POW (0-1-0 YTD)

Ravens PK (Westgate)

I think the Ravens are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the AFC. This is a team with one of the best coaches in the league. Last year they had terrible receivers and were plagued by injuries. I'll be on the Ravens until the lines adjust as I believe the are a legitimate contender. The only thing that makes me worry is that they are coming off a big win - but I think Harbaugh will have them ready as they go up against the team that knocked them out of the playoffs last year.

Comment

Updated standings are now listed at the top of the page. Just a couple of quick notes:

1. Its not too late to enter. You technically have until Week 8 to enter, all you need is 10 total points to advance to the Playoff round.
                2. I want to thank 99% of you who made your entry the proper way. There were still a few that only gave one sentence reasons why they were making their selections. If it is a new member, I will give you the benefit of doubt for a week or so, but if I need to remind you after this coming week that you need to give more of a reason then "The Bills suck", then your selection will be graded as a loss. Sorry, my contest, my rules!
                3. Thank you to BarryT for pointing out his correct line for me when it was questioned. Its pretty easy for me to go back and check on the VI site for a line, but try and get it right the first time.

Comment

POW 0-1 (0-points)

Chiefs + 5-1/2 (CG Technology)

If I could just write that Pitt tied Cleveland last week as my reason, I would. Well, Pitt should have lost to Cleveland in Overtime. Big Ben was a turnover machine and Mahomes was the opposite, getting a good win on the road, against a decent team, without even utilizing Kelce. With the Bell drama still going on, I think Pittsburgh is going to have a rough go finding their identity.

Comment

N.F.L. POW ( 1-0-0 )

COLTS PLUS 6 ( MGM//WESTGATE )

I saw that Wash Dominated in all facets vs AZ last week, and they will be happy as can be.
                    Thinking the East is up for grabs etc. etc. etc.--well not so fast---let the season progress a little--
                    I also saw that the colts D caved late and they led in almost all stats vs. Cincy.
                    I think this week things will turn around and Colts can cover if not win.
                    Nobody looks as bad or good as week 1

Comment

POW1-0

Well last week, throwing the challenge flag to overturn TARBs “catch” rewarded me with a point instead of a 1/2 point.

Wow that punter MIchael Dickson is worth at least a field goal!

Weather in Buffalo is going to be like California,80F, and the Chargers should just love it. Last time they face Perriman, line was -6.5 and they won 56-24 . Line is -7 which is about the same, as Chargers have zero HFA, and Buffalo is arguably worse this year and LAC are expected to do better, so I expect a similar result.

So Chargers -7 South Point

"A missed FG is a turnover " Michael Lombardi
                      “The bigger the edge, the fewer the bets we need to verify our strategy.” Jim Makos

Comment

Saints -8.5 Stations

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (1-0-0)

Jets -2½ Wynn Las Vegas
                          Sure does help getting the 1/2 point Like the Jets coach he has really settled in nice. The rookie QB played great after
                          the first play. There at home against a division rival they hate. Miami isn't bad just think the Jets are hungrier

Comment

2018 NFL P.O.W. (1-0-0 YTD)

Chiefs/Steers O52.5...(MGM)

It's an incredibly high total and I hate that I feel like I'm rushing to take a square side, but I expect this number increases in the coming days. Since 2014, Ben Roethlisberger has averaged 333.8- 2.8-0.8 in 27 games at home and just 268-1.2-1 in 31 road games. Now combine that with the fact the Chiefs, in a victory over the Chargers in Week 1, still allowed 8.3 YPA to Philip Rivers due in part to starting Steven Nelson, Orlando Scandrick, Ron Parker, and Jordan Lucas in their secondary. Eric Berry likely won't play again in Week 2. That's just one team, though. On the other side of the ball, Tyreek Hill (4.3 40) is now receiving a sub-30% target share from Patrick Mahomes, who recorded a league-high 14.6 average depth of target in Week 1. Steelers CB Joe Haden also isn't expected to play, which makes all the difference. Opposing quarterbacks averaged 8.5 YPA with Haden out last season vs 6.9 when Haden played. Pittsburgh's explosive play rate allowed also increased to 18.8% without Haden. I've said enough.

Comment

jets giving 2 1/2 over fish, im drinking the kool aid, liking jets defense and the momentum they have going

Comment

• Seahawk Rick
                                Seahawk Rick commented
                                Editing a comment
                                skullf...Need the book listed in your pick, and King Cotton will like to see a little more reasoning behind your picks going forward...He's funny that way...Funny like a clown.
                            Working...
                            X