X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawk Rick
    started a topic WEEK 2 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

WEEK 2 - NFL Survivor Pool Conversation

Well Mrs. Lincoln, other than that, how was the play?

Boom goes the dynamite!

I think most of us survived with some picks, but most of us got bloodied in Week 1 of the survivor wars. I for one got whacked on DET, who really looked like they want the vote for worst team in the league…They were like the 5th member of a Star Trek landing crew party, it wasn’t going to end well for them. BUFF, you have competition for the Kings of Suck!

NO took some of you out. Biggest favorite on the board with BALT a close 2nd. They made Fitzpatrick look like Aaron Rodgers! Aaron Rodgers looked like Aaron Rodgers with his miracle comeback vs Da Bears. How are all you GB pickers feeling? Give some money to charity (Great Stripper Name) as you probably were burning the cash when they were down so far going into the 4th quarter. That loss would have cut all the pools more than 50% coupled with the other upsets! Still a bloodbath at the mid-40% range in the Pit of Misery weekend. PITT had a chance to win…CLEVE had a chance to win…NOBODY WON! Which in survivor land is a LOSS! If you got through without losing a team, congratulations!

I got through with 4-out-of 5 with my picks on BALT twice, LAR & MINN. No stress for most of them, which is unusual, even the DET game was stress free because they were out of it so early, I didn’t effing care! I had BALT in my ‘if I only had one pick’ fantasy pool…My girl Elizabeth Hurley is also in the fantasy, but I digress…

MINN won, but SF played well enough to win, and will become a good team as the season moves along, and the G-Man doesn’t kill himself with picks…

Side note…In the ginormous pool I’m in where you can have up to 20-entries, there were players that had 5, and even 10 of their picks on NO. There were a few guys that had 10-picks and put them either on NO or DET! OK, doubling up when you have a lot of picks like that is gonna happen, but doing what some of these guys did was shear madness! The flip side was at least one of the 10-entry people had all their picks on BALT! Genius! Unless they lose…LOL!

OK Boys…Here’s some crap to chew on to get the conversation started for Week 2. Let the over-reaction begin, where teams that looked like hamster diarrhea, will look better in Week 2, and some teams that looked like SB contenders, might fall off their perches…

TEAMS WORTH LOOKING AT…

LAC @ BUFF…Yeah, LAC lost at their home that isn’t home, but don’t count out these guys as they travel east and get a lot of wins over the years, unless I pick them, then they lose gut-wrenching games that make me say I’ll never pick them again…And then I do! Josh Allen gets his chance in the barrel, that Nathan Peterman barfed all over. I don’t like taking roadies, but will ponder it.

ARI @ LAR…Yep, it’s a division game, and we’ve seen what can happen in division games already. I didn’t see the ARI/WASH game, but they looked bad in the highlights! Lowlights? Whatever…LAR on paper has way more talent, and should be a tough out at home, but see if there are other picks out there if you can. Tough to see them losing with that defense, and an offense that will get up to speed after knocking off the rust in OAKtown. Seems too easy, right? Awe hell, take them!

CLEVE @ NO…Yeah, CLEVE was almost the giant killer, BUT, in BROWNIE world, a tie IS a win! Emotional game for them, where they probably got ‘some’ confidence they can play well, but I don’t think their offense is gonna make NO’s D look like Swiss cheese like TB did. It’s one of the most popular picks on the board, and for good reason. I like NO bouncing back and figuring out some of the defensive stuff out and get a W.

KC @ PITT…I didn’t see the PITT game, but I know there were a good number of turnovers by them…KC is going on the road for the 2nd week in-a-row, which is never easy for any team, which is reflected in the spread I feel. I don’t have a feel for it right now. Mahomes did his job, and will have confidence going into PITT…PITT will clean up their 1st week messes and it should be a good game one would think.

INDY @ WASH…I didn’t see how WASH looked, but I’ve always liked Alex Smith as a QB…Not a glamor guy, but he gets it done. I need to watch their game along with the INDY game to see how they looked. I might put WASH on my pick list after taking a look.

DET @ SF…I’m not sure why the line is so low. I think SF played well at MINN for the most part with a lot of great pass plays by Jimmy the Great…He threw some bad balls too, but fixable. I don’t know how DET fixes that defense in a week. I like SF here, and they’ll be on the short list.

DANGEROUS BUT A MAYBE…

CAR @ ATL…Olsen going out for CAR is big…CAM is still a force, but it’s like Brady losing Gronk, it probably takes a TD off the board with him not playing. ATL had a ton of chances to beat PHILLY on the road, and IFFFFF they can clean up the redzone stuff, they have a pretty good shot at taking down their division rivals. DIVISION rivals, so beware.

HOU @ TENN…Gotta see what happens with Mariota and his injury news. IFFF he can’t play, I like HOU, who didn’t look good vs. NE, but still kept it close. I think Watson needed a game to get back in rhythm and will find his way at TENN. Not sure if the hurricane plays into this at all, but keep an eye on if it messed up TENN’s preparations or not.

OAK @ DEN…Division game for one, but some of you don’t care about that, which brings us to this game where DEN looked good vs. my Seachickens, but my Seachickens looked horrible, and still only lost by 3. DEN D is good, maybe not LAR good, but OAK will have it tough on the road there. DEN O-line kept Keenum clean in the pocket, if they do that, they can maybe sneak a win. Chucky will probably lock a chunk of his team in a cage all week after the 2nd half of the Lambs game…They spit the bit bad. 1st half Raiders, decent, 2nd half Raiders, barf. Me no wanna be onna division game when I have options.

LOOK ELSEWHERE UNLESS YOU HAVE A GUT FEEL…Or take bong hits daily.

BALT @ CINN…Unless Peterman is traded to CINN this week, and becomes the starter over Dalton, stay away of this division grinder.

MINN @ GB…IFFF MINN gets a 17-point lead, they aren’t giving it back! Should be a good one, sit back and enjoy.

MIA @ NYJ…The Darnold hype machine will be in high gear this week. I don’t know how MIA looked in their marathon game with TENN, but NYJ looked like kings for a day at DET.. DARNOLD looks the part, and will have the home team ready to fish. Division game, but maybe playable if you don’t shy away from them.

PHILLY @ TB…TB will have a tougher D this week to go against than in Voo-Dooville…TB will want to knock the champs off, and will have the spark to try to make it happen.

NE @ JAX…No way, Jose…JAX has new helmets, and that’s enough for them to play better this season! They took NE to the mat in the playoffs last year, let’s see how this one plays out. I think it will be a good game.

NYG @ DAL…Flip a coin…No idea.

SEA @ CHI…The way SEA played at DEN, they should have lost by 20, but they didn’t. Little Russell was not on his game, and the CHI defense isn’t any sort of break from the DEN D. 2nd week in-a-row on the road in a MNF game. SEA lost their main WR, but will clean up some of their mess I’m sure. CHI played great for 3-quarters at GB…We’ll see if they can play 4-quarters this week. I won’t blame anyone for going on CHI…I will just put a survivor curse on you that will haunt you the rest of your days… 😉

OK…Get some banter going…Any injury news…Trends…Dreams you have about a game, or ‘Charity!’ Anything helps, as we all can’t read everything about every team. Lets’ right our collective ships, and come out clean this week!

Adam's pool has a Thursday deadline this week! Put picks in your pools as place-holders! Eat your vegetables!
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 09-10-2018, 11:00 PM.

• Mrvolo
    replied
    Gave up but guess I did some good deeds this week.

Leave a comment:

• Seahawk Rick
    replied
    Volo, are you still breathing???? NO finish took some months off of our survivor lives. CLEVE...Job opening at kicker....

GB/MINN knock a few people out with the tie...Job opening for MINN kicker too! Maybe they''l bring back Blair Walsh!!! LMEAO!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Seahawk Rick
    commented on 's reply
    Yes TARB, Adam sent out an email about a 2nd chance pool that starts Week 3!!! People need to sign up fast...

Anyone new to Adam's survivor pool, there are a number of us on this thread that have been in it for a few years....I've been in it 10+years.

Private message me if you are interested in signing up for it and I will send you information. $110 entry fee.

• TARB
    replied
    Well, is it time yet for Adam to start his second chance pool?

Leave a comment:

• TARB
    replied
    Is it time yet for Adam's second chance pool?

Leave a comment:

• Seahawk Rick
    commented on 's reply
    I am breaking my rules again this week myself!

I think being on the big favorite from time to time isn't a deal breaker, but just something to do occasionally.

i think they will win, but I am already on the next two popular picks.

ARI did not look good last week at all...

• skullf
    replied
    Rams are my pick...yeah I know "the rules" but I'm not going to overthink this week. I'm going with the better team ( at home)on both sides of the ball with defensive front that can pressure Sam Bradford all day. Don't neglect the other rules, saving teams for later never insures a winning opportunity later. GLTA

Leave a comment:

• mtheller
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, what an idiot. You would think by having a copy of the latest Gray's Sports Almanac, he would randomize his picks a little more so people like us wouldn't catch on so easily. Guess he is just being greedy and making sure he gets 15 slices of the pie in case one of us get lucky enough to go all the way.

• Seahawk Rick
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe he is from the future?????

• mtheller
    commented on 's reply
    He also had all 15 of his picks on Baltimore last week.

• Seahawk Rick
    commented on 's reply
    Hmmmmmm....Hard to say if any one cashed or not Volo. I know last year in the monster pool I was in for fist time, some people had 20-30 and I think a few even with 40. i know none if them got to the end with more than one, but not sure how many, if any cashed.

I still think it was last year in Adam's that three guys cashed that all only had one entry.

It's hard when you have 10-20 picks as you only have so many playable games where you need to double up or more, and when the upset monster hits, it zaps your group of picks fast...Especially last year.

In the monster pool there were still some with 3--4-5 picks in the later weeks but a few upsets and having to do double picks nailed them.
    Last edited by Seahawk Rick; 09-14-2018, 05:24 AM.

• Mrvolo
    replied
    Does anybody know if in these pools anybody with 10 or more picks ever won?

Leave a comment:

• Seahawk Rick
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I wish a lot of us weren't on NO so we could root against them!

• Deano
    commented on 's reply
    Bold move...... incredibly stupid, but bold. LMAO
Working...
X